Pros and cons of being cut/uncut

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_aco04hcx, May 4, 2005.

1. D_aco04hcx

D_aco04hcx New Member

i'm european and uncut, i don't know what does it changes in being cut or uncut and what are the advantages/disadvantages in being or not cut.
    also, what are women's experiences about cut/uncut boys?

thanks and have a nice day

g

2. jonb

Gold Member

Well, one big one is that uncut guys don't need lube to masturbate, and our penile skin's less likely to tear, which is important in the era of AIDS.

3. Knight

Knight New Member

There are no downsides to being uncut.

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

The only downside I can think of to being uncut is if one does not keep oneself clean. I know there are a few out there who have a fetish for "less than clean" uncut men, but personally, I cannot stand to let mine get any accumulation, I find it disgusting - just as I do with someone who does not keep the teeth clean.

On the other side, it is my experience that men who are circumcised tend to be less sensitive in the glans area, although I cannot speak for everyone. This is almost certainly due to callous formation from contact with clothing.

If you have a foreskin, and a healthy penis, please do not mutilate yourself. There is way too much of that done to innocent, helpless infants.

5. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

The pros and cons are few and far between either way. Be happy with what you have and leave it that way.

6. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    here we go again. let slip the dogs of internet war

7. jay_too

jay_too New Member

I was cut shortly after birth, aaaaaaand I do not have clear fetal memories of playing with my foreskin. However, I confess that I like having a dick. :p

jay

8. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    This debate needs a rest. It's a preference. Get over it.

9. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, it is kinda pointless to try to change it if you're circumcised. The keratinized tissue will desquamate if you do succeed at restoration, but the real nervous tissue in the foreskin has gone the way that animals used to before PETA came along: To the cosmetics industry.

But the thing is, no two circumcisions are alike. In fact, 55% of them have some form of complication. Maybe too much skin was taken off (hence my reference to AIDS, since the penis will now tear), or maybe adhesions (which are harder to clean under than a foreskin) or even "turkey neck" and buried penis. At the extreme end include fistulae from the urethra to near the surface of the glans, neuroma, ablation, and in a rare case (about 1 in 216 complications, or about 1 in 400 circumcisions) death.

Curiously, among circumcision fetishists (and yes, there ARE perverts out there who get off watching or performing circumcisions; it's a form of infantilism, sadomasochism, and hierophilia), the AIDS-friendly circumcision is quite popular.

10. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I don't know where you get that from. Every study I've ever heard of has said the risk difference is negligible or lower among men circumcised before puberty than for uncut guys. Not that I think that's a reason to have it done.

11. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know where you get that from. Every study I've ever heard of has said the risk difference is negligible or lower among men circumcised before puberty than for uncut guys. Not that I think that's a reason to have it done.
    [post=308260]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

He's being sarcastic dude. They used to say that being circumsized prevented AIDS. Oh, and I'll say it again...This debate has been done to death.

12. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I don't think the original poster was looking for a debate, just information. unfortunately, it's been exhaustively demonstrated that the topic can't be discussed without it turning into a furious argument by the second page. if one person posts information, someone else is guaranteed to respond slamming it and calling them an idiot, and so it goes.

13. Pappy

Pappy Member

Maybe if MrMark is reading this maybe he'll see fit to close this thread.

14. jonb

Gold Member

Well, the difference is NORMALLY negligible; a meta-analysis of the studies which claim it's lower almost always find the same "Muslims vs. non-Muslims" statistical problem. Circumcision advocates can't decide if the foreskin has too many or too few Langerhans cells. However, a few circumcisions, particularly done on infants, take so much skin off that the skin tears during erection, or especially during coitus. THOSE circumcisions are AIDS-friendly because they provide an obvious vector.

15. Industry7

Industry7 New Member

i would get over it, excpet that i never got to exercise my preference/choice. I was cut at birth, and even before I knew what circumcision was or if i was cut or not, i wanted to be uncut. I remember when i first started playing with my penis, and rolling the skin over the head when it was soft. It felt so good and was so much fun. But then it got hard and my tight cut made it difficult to masturbate, NO skin would roll onto the head while erect. Eventually I realized that i would need lube, found that out in the shower (he he). Anyway, then i heard about circumcision but never saw any pictures (never had seen any uncut penises either) and didn't understand what the procedure really was. Nobody really talked about it, so I figured that it wasn't very common. I just assumed htat I and all my cut friends were uncut. I mean how there be something wrong with EVERY single guys penis that would require them get surgery??

Well then I found out what an uncut penis looked like (it was almost immediately after getting an internet connection at my house lol, i was 14 btw). That's when i realized that I was cut, and I wished I hadn't been. I've been trying to restore ona nd off, but it takes so long is and is so frustrating. If you think the advantages (alleged AIDs prevention and whatever else...) are enough to get cut, then get yourself cut. But for fucks sake, don't go messing around with someone else's dick. And just cuz it's your child done'st mean you can go cutting parts of it off when it's perfectly healthy.

BTW I've had tons of experience with uncut dicks, well one uncut dick. My b/f isn't cut and I like it. He isn't the cleanest guy in the world, but his penis is always clean, it's actaluly really easy to keep clean. Not at all like some people make it out to be.

If yo'ure thinking about getting yourself cut... most adults who relaly want to get cut are happy with it, while most adults who feel pressured into (by a g/f or society in general) end up unhappy with it. Some men say sex is better after being cut, some men say that they lost the ability to enjoy sex after being cut. I'm of the belief that people should advoid altering their body surgically unless there's a medical emergency. But if it'll make you feel better about yourself, it is a cosmetic surgery....

16. D_aco04hcx

D_aco04hcx New Member

you're right, i just wanted opinions from people who got circumcised and from those who weren't, that's it!

thanks

17. lacsap1

lacsap1 New Member

Albums:
    Why always the stigma, uncut = not clean thing ????

As if, when your cut you don't have to wash your dick?

Please read your textbooks again;

The natural or uncircumcised penis needs no special care. It is self-cleansing like the eyelids. Immersion in plain water is all that is needed to keep it clean.
    Smegma is the white emollient under the foreskin. It's the most misunderstood, most unjustifiably maligned substance in nature. Smegma is clean, not dirty. It is beneficial and necessary for it moisturizes the glans and keeps it smooth and supple. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties that keep the penis clean and healthy. All mammals produce smegma ! Medical studies suggest that soap is not best to use on the glans or foreskin's inner fold. Forcible retraction and washing of
    beneficial bacterial flora that protect the penis from harmful germs and can lead to irritation and infection.

Just because a term smegma exists doesn't mean it necessarily has to apply to all
    uncut humans. Also smegma doesn't come in a day, it will take several days without washing. If one shower on a regular basis, it doesn't exist as cleaning underneath the foreskin should be a part of daily hygiene.

All I'm saying is that just because a man is uncut, that doesn't mean he automatically gets smegma or has an hygiene problem !!!!!

Please will all cut people stop this myth....

18. txquis

Gold Member

To each his own...as stated above in this thread...Those who dont have will never know what it is like and vice versa.

But...I should mention that....I am cut and i have never had to use lube to masturbate (dont know what that is about but it is always mentioned)....and the head of my cock is not calloused and dry...
    it is soft and velvety.

As for uncut being unclean: I am certain that each one of my uncut
    friends is clean and smells delightful. I know that is possible.

Unfortunately, the only two uncut guys i was ever with did not practice good hygeine......the stinky memories are still not erased.
    I must try again with some of my clean, uncut pals :D

19. jay_too

jay_too New Member

dude..

Cut or uncut? That is the question.

In the U.S. most undergo the surgery within the first week of life. So those cut have no idea what it would be like to have a foreskin. On the otherhand, the uncut have not idea what it is like to no longer have a foreskin.

There are some that for various reasons are circumsized during adolescents or adulthood. These are the only with experience with both. These are:

Muslims who perform the operation during puberty or following conversion, and

A small fraction that for medical reasons undergo surgery.

To me this is an imponderable; it is much like the question: "How many angels can stand on the head of a pin?"

jay

20. willie

willie New Member

As everybody says, it's all been said before.

However I am in the minority, of having been circumcised well after I started to masturbate. (Early teens, for medical reasons)

I would say that the pros and cons, are very much as started by others.
    Actually they are over-stated and on balance I think I'm just a bit happier being circumcised. However it really wasn't that big a deal,
    apart from the operation, which smarts, for ages.

Draft saved Draft deleted