Pros and cons of being cut/uncut

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by lacsap1+May 8 2005, 08:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lacsap1 &#064; May 8 2005, 08:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@May 4 2005, 03:12 PM
The only downside I can think of to being uncut is if one does not keep oneself clean.  I know there are a few out there who have a fetish for "less than clean" uncut men, but personally, I cannot stand to let mine get any accumulation, I find it disgusting
[post=307851]Quoted post[/post]​

Why always the stigma, uncut = not clean thing ????

As if, when your cut you don&#39;t have to wash your dick?

Please read your textbooks again;

The natural or uncircumcised penis needs no special care. It is self-cleansing like the eyelids. Immersion in plain water is all that is needed to keep it clean.
Smegma is the white emollient under the foreskin. It&#39;s the most misunderstood, most unjustifiably maligned substance in nature. Smegma is clean, not dirty. It is beneficial and necessary for it moisturizes the glans and keeps it smooth and supple. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties that keep the penis clean and healthy. All mammals produce smegma &#33; Medical studies suggest that soap is not best to use on the glans or foreskin&#39;s inner fold. Forcible retraction and washing of
beneficial bacterial flora that protect the penis from harmful germs and can lead to irritation and infection.

Just because a term smegma exists doesn&#39;t mean it necessarily has to apply to all
uncut humans. Also smegma doesn&#39;t come in a day, it will take several days without washing. If one shower on a regular basis, it doesn&#39;t exist as cleaning underneath the foreskin should be a part of daily hygiene.

All I&#39;m saying is that just because a man is uncut, that doesn&#39;t mean he automatically gets smegma or has an hygiene problem &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Please will all cut people stop this myth....
[post=309229]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Most of the men I see at the gym are cut. The thing I wonder about is how so many barely wash their genitals at all or at best give them a cursory swipe like they really don&#39;t need cleaning. And, yes, of course I notice... I&#39;m attracted to the male of the species, but I don&#39;t troll or attack either. Another yes, I do wash carefully and completely...that&#39;s why I&#39;m in the shower.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Industry, I was cut at birth too. But this debate has been fuckin done to death, yah? I didn&#39;t get a choine in the matter. Ya know, they have foreskin restoration, you might wanna check it out if yer that miffed.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Knight@May 4 2005, 10:00 AM
There are no downsides to being uncut.
[post=307848]Quoted post[/post]​

WRONG...I refuse to bring my mouth within a foot of an uncut penis unless ive seen him wash immediately before hand...it just get gross so fast&#33; Smegma may not be there in visible quantities but the sensory threshhold must be very low cuz Ive never been with uncut guy that didnt stink somewhat... Smegma may be clean but its stinks&#33;

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Let&#39;s end this debate right now:

1. Do whatever you want to yourself, but not to your children.
2. No medical organization on Earth recommends circumcision. Because of a few media stories, some Africans are trying to get circumcised believing it&#39;ll protect them from HIV. All it does is give us a bunch of people with HIV who have dozens of partners with no condom and don&#39;t get tested because they think they&#39;re immune.
3. I won&#39;t bring religion into this, but let&#39;s just say my cosmology doesn&#39;t include any omnipotent beings with a paraphilia for little boys&#39; foreskins.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have not had this discussion yet with my "would-be" boyfriend...but we&#39;re both cut and If we had male children, I would probably lean toward having them circumcised. I am circumcized from birth and dont regret it one iota. However, I have to admit that it would not take too much persuasion to convince me to leave the foreskin on my son&#39;s penis...

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by jonb@May 9 2005, 09:58 PM
Let&#39;s end this debate right now:
[post=309581]Quoted post[/post]​
nice try, but we already know most people are far more susceptible to peer pressure than morals or logic. witness the amazing ability to completely miss the point which has already been exhibited in this thread.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by lacsap1+May 8 2005, 11:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lacsap1 &#064; May 8 2005, 11:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@May 4 2005, 03:12 PM
The only downside I can think of to being uncut is if one does not keep oneself clean.  I know there are a few out there who have a fetish for "less than clean" uncut men, but personally, I cannot stand to let mine get any accumulation, I find it disgusting
[post=307851]Quoted post[/post]​

Why always the stigma, uncut = not clean thing ????

As if, when your cut you don&#39;t have to wash your dick?

Please read your textbooks again;

The natural or uncircumcised penis needs no special care. It is self-cleansing like the eyelids. Immersion in plain water is all that is needed to keep it clean.
Smegma is the white emollient under the foreskin. It&#39;s the most misunderstood, most unjustifiably maligned substance in nature. Smegma is clean, not dirty. It is beneficial and necessary for it moisturizes the glans and keeps it smooth and supple. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties that keep the penis clean and healthy. All mammals produce smegma &#33; Medical studies suggest that soap is not best to use on the glans or foreskin&#39;s inner fold. Forcible retraction and washing of
beneficial bacterial flora that protect the penis from harmful germs and can lead to irritation and infection.

Just because a term smegma exists doesn&#39;t mean it necessarily has to apply to all
uncut humans. Also smegma doesn&#39;t come in a day, it will take several days without washing. If one shower on a regular basis, it doesn&#39;t exist as cleaning underneath the foreskin should be a part of daily hygiene.

All I&#39;m saying is that just because a man is uncut, that doesn&#39;t mean he automatically gets smegma or has an hygiene problem &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Please will all cut people stop this myth....
[post=309229]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

lacsap, please re-read my entire post. I am NOT cut. I do NOT have a problem keeping my cock clean. The original poster was asking for pros and cons. I am most definitely against mutilating an infant boy. The whole point of my post was to help dispel the myth that uncut=dirty. Hence, my analogy of oral hygiene. If you don&#39;t keep your teeth clean, you will get tartar and plaque buildup. But teeth are usually easy to clean. If you don&#39;t keep an uncut cock clean, you will get smegma buildup. But an uncut cock is usually easy to clean. Insisting upon circumcision as a means to prevent smegma is as stupid as insisting upon having all the teeth pulled to prevent tartar and tooth decay.

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I´m kind of between cut and uncut. I have a short foreskin and at the age of 13 of 14 I have ripped off the fraenulum, so my glans is always uncovered. I can pull a little foreskin over the head when masturbating but when I get really hard that isn´t possible. My glans is very sensitive, and yes sometimes I notice that some smegma has formed just under the edge of my penishead.
Most Europeans are uncut, so I have seen more uncut guys than cut, but to me it doesn´t make a difference. I like them both.
I once met a guy who had a very long foreskin (a "spout" dick we call that in Holland). When we held our glanses against eachother, he could pull his foreskin over my penishead&#33; The feeling was a sensation to me.
But over all I like my dick the way it is, and really guys, every dick has a smell and a different taste, but isn´t that the same with vagina´s? :9

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, but we don&#39;t live in Egypt, so I don&#39;t think anyone&#39;s ever engaged in such radical surgery to a vagina.

jibikao

Just Browsing
Media
I agree with some of you that being Cut/Uncut is up to the man to choose, not the parents.

My boyfriend is Cut and he feels his "right" was violated because he actually wants an Uncut cock. But what can he say?

"Mom and Dad, who told you to cut my foreskin? I want to be an uncut man&#33;&#33;" how embarrasing&#33;&#33;

And it&#39;s not like you can put foreskin BACK.

Uncut man may have a choice to be Cut later. So I think being Uncut has a slight advantage.

I am uncut myself like a lot of asian men. You need to clean everyday but you really don&#39;t need to lube to jerk. It&#39;s soooooooooooooo much easier and it feels so much better. But because I can jerk so easily, I think I&#39;ve become a sex addict. I jerk about 3-4 times a day and I feel WRONG if I don&#39;t jerk at least once. It&#39;s like I am addicted to jerking or something. lol

The bad thing for me is my foreskin is not long enough. :( I am 25 years old and I really don&#39;t know if I want to see a doctor. My foreskin is not long enough to be pulled all the way when my cock is erect. Well, my cock is not long to begin with but my foreskin is just not long enough. It hurts like hell when I pull it down. :( This is the #1 REASON why I can&#39;t use condom because it hurts like hell when my foreskin gets pulled back and my dickhead is all swallowen kind of painful. I don&#39;t really know how to explain but my dickhead is extremely sensitive and I don&#39;t think it&#39;s good.

I am debating if I want to see a doctor. I mean I can just jerk fine... and it doesn&#39;t affect my life. The lucky thing I am a bottom guy so it doesn&#39;t affect my life that much except every once a while, I would like to Top my BF. LOL Sorry for all the gay stuff... I hope it&#39;s alright here.

Anyway, bottomline is I think Uncut guy has a slight advantage over Cut guy because they can AT LEAST choose to be Cut later on.

But would you want to go through the procedure when you get older?? I bet most people just remain Uncut for the rest of his life unless they REALLY want to be Cut for some reasons.

mavedick

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by jibikao@Jun 8 2005, 01:46 AM
I am uncut myself like a lot of asian men...

The bad thing for me is my foreskin is not long enough...
[post=318761]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;ve read in scientific literature that Chinese men, on average, have the shortest foreskins in the world. Your description of it only covering half of your glans is very typical. Relax, you&#39;re normal for you.

If you&#39;d like it longer, some stretching might help.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I still just can&#39;t understand why anyone would want to voluntarily cut off a part of their body, or even most especially, a part of their baby&#39;s body. The fact that it is part of the genitalia makes it even more puzzling. If it is NOT diseased, or dysfunctional, or malformed, or in any way causing a problem, why cut off a part of a cock? I&#39;m even actually against someone piercing their baby girl&#39;s ears, just as I would be against giving a baby tatoos at age 3 days or 3 months or 3 years. Permanent body modifications just should be a matter of choice (I mean YOUR choice about YOUR body, not someone else making the choice for you). I am just as glad that my parents did not circumcise me at birth, as I am that they did not cut off one of my fingers at birth.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Originally posted by jonb@May 4 2005, 10:38 AM
Well, one big one is that uncut guys don&#39;t need lube to masturbate
[post=307843]Quoted post[/post]​
1) FYI (highly belatedly, sorry): Cut guys don&#39;t necessarily need lube either. I am cut and I generally masturbate without lube.

2) I&#39;m pretty ambivalent about circumcision, so I&#39;m glad my wife is Jewish, as it will make this (obviously controversial) decision relatively straightforward for us (nothwithstanding earlier posts on the value of religious dictates on circumcision).

3) Going back again to the first handful of posts in this thread: If you think this (or any other) topic has been discussed to death, just steer clear of it. Please don&#39;t try to dictate to the rest of us what we should and shouldn&#39;t be discussing.

Steve :)

bzyrch: The only con I&#39;ve ever experienced with being uncut is the negative reaction from my peers growing up. I was the only uncut white guy in my school and got some odd looks in the locker room so I eventually started rolling back my foreskin in an attempt to "pass" for a "normal" circumsized guy. Although this was after I&#39;d already been seen plenty the other way so I don&#39;t know who I thought I was fooling&#33;

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Steve26@Jun 17 2005, 03:42 PM
2) I&#39;m pretty ambivalent about circumcision, so I&#39;m glad my wife is Jewish, as it will make this (obviously controversial) decision relatively straightforward for us
[post=321497]Quoted post[/post]​
that ranks pretty highly amongst the stupidest crap I&#39;ve ever heard. religion is not a valid excuse for anything - least of all chopping bits off of newborn babies.