PROSCAR prescription for Prostate reduction

PC-WOW

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:smile:
Guys:
I was prescribed 'Proscar' for prostate reduction. I noticed my ejaculate became reduced in quantity and transparent, just precum-like, not like the usual dense white type. I usually secrete precum quite often while aroused, and that remained the same. My climax sensations remained the same all the time, too. I have stopped 'Proscar' after about a 12-month prescribed period, and wonder if I will gradually get back to the usual quantity, color and consistency.
I wonder if any of you has been prescribed "Proscar" (during 6-months or more) for reducing your prostate gland, and if so, have you experienced a reduction of your cum secretion or quality during that period? After you finished with the prescription period, have you recovered the volume and color of your cum?

:confused:

roundtop02

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I take Propecia which is the same chemical substance as Proscar, just a smaller dosage. Its for male pattern baldness and has been amazing for me for that purpose. HOWEVER, it has resulted in a significant decrease in seminal fluid.

I have had fertility tests after having trouble conceiving with my wife. The sperm count and motility are not impacted as they are at normal levels. Just the volume of fluid it comes in.

I must admit I haven't noticed a change in color. I don't think the medicine would cause that, but I'm no doctor. I'd consult with an urologist.

I do miss the volume though and wish there wasn't male pattern baldness!:mad:

However, I'm vain as they come so I'd rather have a full head of hair and give up some fluid. Maybe in a few more years I'll change my mind.

Hope this helps.:smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guys:
I was prescribed 'Proscar' for prostate reduction. I noticed my ejaculate became reduced in quantity and transparent, just precum-like, not like the usual dense white type. I usually secrete precum quite often while aroused, and that remained the same. My climax sensations remained the same all the time, too. I have stopped 'Proscar' after about a 12-month prescribed period, and wonder if I will gradually get back to the usual quantity, color and consistency.
I wonder if any of you has been prescribed "Proscar" (during 6-months or more) for reducing your prostate gland, and if so, have you experienced a reduction of your cum secretion or quality during that period? After you finished with the prescription period, have you recovered the volume and color of your cum?

:confused:
Yes its from the Proscar. Your shooting dog water. Tell your doctor.:cool:

rogue_mj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Proscar is known to reduce seminal volume and texture.

Some prostate drugs even cause retrograde ejaculation, meaning you shoot into your bladder, and some guys will have a dry orgasm.

Rogue (MD)

GBF64

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I had to take the drug Cardura, it also had the same effect on me as what you described with Proscar. When I was allowed to stop taking it, my load went back to it's normal white color, and thick consistency. My distance shooting also returned. I remember the diminished ability to shoot for distance as my biggest concern.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Let me start by saying I am an EXPERT in this particular topic. I won't go into details, but I know as much as a urologist about 5 alpha Reductase Inhibitors.

Proscar is not know to affect semen volume. However there is an alpha blocker that ABSOLUTELY does. If you're on combined therapy with

FLOMAX!!!! then, it is the Flomax that is causing the semen reduction. It's called anejaculation and is even listed as an adverse effect in their PI (package insert).

I am certain you are on an alpha-blocker, because Proscar or Avodart are almost never prescribed first, or by themselves. They are a second line of treatment in addition to the alpha-blocker. Flomax is the #1 prescribed alpha blocker in the U.S.

If you are on Flomax, have your doctor switch you to Uroxatral (#1 in Europe). It has the exact same efficacy and low incidence of side-effects PLUS.....NO affect on sexual function (ie anejaculation). The doctor is probably an old man who is stuck in his prescribing habits and "assumes the patient isn't sexually active anyhow."

BTW- Proscar isn't as good as Avodart either. Please heed my advice. I assure you I am an expert for reasons I will not divulge.

PC-WOW

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are so right! I went to this urologist due to some kidney-stone problems and had 'the prostate finger test' (which he found to be OK). I had a sonogram and an X-Ray of the area made and the stones coming down from my kidney were confirmed and one in my bladder that had to be broken down with a laser beam as it was too large to come out. The photos also showed the measurements of my prostate were slightly larger than desirable and he prescribed FLOMAX to help my smaller stones to be expelled and the Proscar to help reduce my prostate. A few days after I started on these, I began to notice the change in my semen volume and content, and he ordered me to stop taking the FLOMAX and changed it to Uroxatral. In a few days the stones soon were out or broken, and I stopped the Uroxatral, but continued with the Proscar. Nevertheless my semen volume and 'content' (color) remained reduced.
It has been 3-weeks since I stopped the Proscar, and have begun to notice a slight increase in my semen volume and this is becoming whiter. That's why I posted this question.

Let me start by saying I am an EXPERT in this particular topic. I won't go into details, but I know as much as a urologist about 5 alpha Reductase Inhibitors.

Proscar is not know to affect semen volume. However there is an alpha blocker that ABSOLUTELY does. If you're on combined therapy with

FLOMAX!!!! then, it is the Flomax that is causing the semen reduction. It's called anejaculation and is even listed as an adverse effect in their PI (package insert).

I am certain you are on an alpha-blocker, because Proscar or Avodart are almost never prescribed first, or by themselves. They are a second line of treatment in addition to the alpha-blocker. Flomax is the #1 prescribed alpha blocker in the U.S.

If you are on Flomax, have your doctor switch you to Uroxatral (#1 in Europe). It has the exact same efficacy and low incidence of side-effects PLUS.....NO affect on sexual function (ie anejaculation). The doctor is probably an old man who is stuck in his prescribing habits and "assumes the patient isn't sexually active anyhow."

BTW- Proscar isn't as good as Avodart either. Please heed my advice. I assure you I am an expert for reasons I will not divulge.