Prostate Cancer

Lowhangersau

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi - There seems to be a lack of information on LPSG about members who have undergone "radical protatectomy". I underwent the "Da Vinci" operation 5 years ago and would like to hear from others as to how it has affected their life and the sexual aspects. Mine re occurred two years later and I underwent 43 seesions of radiation. (My family has no history of the disease), I've tried all the usual post-operative gadgets to regain some semblance of sexual activity but with little or no success. I've been in a relationship for 33 years and generally my partner is understanding of my lack of sexual activity but, it does change the dynamics of the relationship. One of the major disappointments for me is the virtual lack of sexual stimulation from anal sex due to the loss of the prostate (being 100% the passive anal partner).
Has anyone been through this and experienced the same type of issues?

THouTex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had the Da Vinci operation in 2006 when I was 46.

I have had no success and haven't met anyone who has.

You're lucky you have a partner, I'm alone.

Lowhangersau

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi THouTex

Not sure what you mean re: "no success......................." The result of the operation or meeting someone?
A straight friend met someone after his op. and they have a great relationship (she's an amazingly understanding person) - so there is hope!
Regards
Lowhangersau

THouTex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Operation was successful, PSA is undetectable.

My cock is about half the size it was before the operation.

Tried all the erection devices/drugs to no avail.

Lowhangersau

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi again THouTex
I know what you mean re: reduction in penis length (no-one at any stage, amd I consulted with the two most preminent sugeons in Melbourne (Australia), mentioned the loss of length!
I'm pretty sure it's due to the shortening of the euretha (which runs through the prostate gland and then rejoining it minus the section/length that goes through the gland). It's a shit of an issue combined with the aftermath of the operation.
Regards