prostate exam

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was 29 and went to the doctor because I had a burning sensation when taking a piss.He examines my genitals and did a swab test for sexually transmitted disease.Which hurt like hell. Then he stayed in the room and wrote in my chart while I got dressed. So I am sitting there and then he says why don't we do a rectal exam just to be sure and have exhausted all possibilities.I just looked at him because at that time I didn't think I would have to worry about that until I was 40. So i just dropped my drawers and leaned over the table. It felt weird but not as bad as people joke about it.I actually had a great doctor and have much respect for him which probably made me more comfortable with the idea.

How old were you when you first had a prostate exam for those who have had one?

Haven't had one yet, but I plan on having one soon enough...

BTW: Frank Zappa Died from prostate cancer...

Get checked up, we dont wanna lose more Zappas:frown1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The burning could be urethial trac infection, drink lot of cranverry juice and piss after you have sex or cum and should not happen again, also if you feel like you really have to go and only a dribble comes out take regular alka-seltzer, clears it up in no time.
As far a the exam, Started having them in 20's prostate cancer runs on the mens side of my family:cool:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guys seem to enjoy joking or lying about prostate exams, but the fact remains: doctors do them all the time. Men should start getting those exams around age 35 or 40, earlier if they have a family history of prostate disease. A baseline PSA is not a bad idea either. Talk to your doctor. Do not be embarrassed to talk to your physician, regardless of gender or age or attractiveness. Don't be embarrassed to get a boner in front of your doctor. It lets them know that your stuff works. If a doctor gives you a DRE and you get an erection, that visually answers about ten of his or her questions.

A digital rectal exam is not sex play; it's ok to have "playing doctor" fantasies, but when you are in a clinical situation, keep it clinical.

It is absolutely of the most critical importance that you can (and do) talk openly and honestly with your doctor.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guys seem to enjoy joking or lying about prostate exams, but the fact remains: doctors do them all the time. Men should start getting those exams around age 35 or 40, earlier if they have a family history of prostate disease. A baseline PSA is not a bad idea either. Talk to your doctor. Do not be embarrassed to talk to your physician, regardless of gender or age or attractiveness. Don't be embarrassed to get a boner in front of your doctor. It lets them know that your stuff works. If a doctor gives you a DRE and you get an erection, that visually answers about ten of his or her questions.

A digital rectal exam is not sex play; it's ok to have "playing doctor" fantasies, but when you are in a clinical situation, keep it clinical.

It is absolutely of the most critical importance that you can (and do) talk openly and honestly with your doctor.

good pos

right now PSA is not recommended for screening, because it is controversial and causes a lot of unecessary expense, tests, and anxiety. The test is elevated due to cancer and benign prostatic hypertrophy. BPH is usually completely harmless and causes urinating problems. Cancer, obviously is bad but latest research is looking at how bad. Some cancers grow so slowly that it will never kill a guy and the unecessary surgeries cause more harm. The same cancer in another man will grow rapidly and can kill. The latest research is looking at how quickly PSA elevates but is still being reviewed.

Personally, i like the idea of baseling PSA

Also, everyone should know prostate cancer is the most common non-skin related cancer in America in men (1:6). In fact, even more common than breast cancer in women (1:7)

Digital rectal exams (DRE) are serious and your doctor is not getting pleasure out of it, no matter how much some people hope they are

Kauri Tree

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
How long does the DRE last, from the moment the doctor sticks the finger into your rectum till he takes it out? Is it a matter of a few seconds or will he keep probing your innards for more then a minute?

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a doctor stick his finger in me when I was about 11 years old when I had appendicitis. Never since. Reading some of these accounts, I'm wondering if I'm missing out! lol

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kauri tree wrote:

How long does the DRE last, from the moment the doctor sticks the finger into your rectum till he takes it out? Is it a matter of a few seconds or will he keep probing your innards for more then a minute?
Answer:
In my experience, less than thirty seconds

My first was at age eighteen for a college physical. It was on the form that was sent to me so I expected it but was very nervous. I wanted to go to college and it didn't occur to me that I could refuse.

In my early twenties, I worked at a hospital and (then) JCAH required all employees to have an annual physical. It was part of the drilll, so I got desensitized.

In my circle of acquaintances, or one degree of separation, I have known of three cases of prostate cancer diagnosed before forty. In one case it was thirty-five! In my opinion, age forty to fifty is way too late to start.

Dave

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I actually had one today. And, really there wasn't much to it other than knowing when he hit "the spot". It didn't last very long, however I didn't clock the time my doc had his finger up my butt. It didn't hurt and this time I didn't pop a boner like last year. Glad it's over with and feel better knowing things inside are normal in that area.

ryan25yo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
jeff....

I've read several of your posts and, have to say, bro.....you're about the sanest guy on here! LOL

Ryan

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Cancer runs rampant in my family, so my doctor advised that I start having prostate cancer tests and colon cancer checks starting much earlier than the "recommended" age. I have had several prostate exams over the past few years and started with the colon last year. Early detection is a must. We also have to do regular testicular self exams, too. Yeah, it's fun to joke about the digital exam, but it's a serious matter. The joking is only to cover up a person's embarassment.

I've never gotten hard from it, but I have leaked a ton of pre, to the point that the doctor just handed me a tissue and said that it was a normal reaction.

All I can say is don't avoid having the test done because of being ashamed or scared or embarassed.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I had my first one at age 19. It was no biggy. Now old geezer doc hurt me bad during one about 9 years ago. sheesh. I had two this year and it was no biggy. If you relax, even a virgin behind won't get hurt. A DRE is nothing compared to flexible sigmoidoscopy. aaaaaaaaa that hurt so badly.

Lips? :lmao: Oh nooooo some guy told our secrets. Actually, you can even bend forward, shove it all between your legs, clamp them together and stand upright. You will definitely look like you had a change operation.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Seriously, get over it and get over yourselves.

Takes a minute and having a greased finger stuck up your ass isn't going to kill you so stop whining like little bitches.

I'm guessing putting his finger up your poop-hole isn't the highlight of the physicians day either.

Somebody I know, a black guy is a complete idiot about this; I can't for the life of me remember how this came up ...

"I'd rather get sick than let some guy stick anything up there", he says

well maybe hire a singing Rick James telegram saying That's Right Bitch when cancer starts to eat its way out of his bowels.

Dumb Fucks.

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, early Monday morning whilst I was at the hospital being dignosed with sciatica the Dr gave me a rectal examination, bearing in mind it hurt like hell to bend, he had me lie on my side and draw my knees up and he inserted his finger and asked me to squeeze. I guess it was summat to do with the nerves and whatnot cos of the severe back pain I was in.

However, it wasn't an uncomfortable procedure per-se just that the doctor looked like the twin of one of my work colleagues :-S

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
prostate exams are easy and you don't have to relax that much. most men say it hurts because they are afraid of someone thinking they are queer if they don't say it. the only time you have to worry about the exam is if the doc has both hands on your shoulders while giving you the exam.lol

wifeofalargeman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks gorgeous honey you...Jeff Black yummy.

Hmmm...they do kind of the same thing w you guys to...our swab is a Texas size one...:biggrin1:

And another question # 3: Does it hurt of feel bad when the penis hole are played with? Like when open and close kind of pretendending its a miniature lips talking, do you know what I mean ???? :confused:

I know this has nothing to do with prostrate exams, but thank you for admitting you pretend the penis hole has miniature lips, I do that and I thought I was strange but it looks like Charlie has lips and we talk and kiss and of course my husband is like what the hell.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I know this has nothing to do with prostrate exams, but thank you for admitting you pretend the penis hole has miniature lips, I do that and I thought I was strange but it looks like Charlie has lips and we talk and kiss and of course my husband is like what the hell.
hehe i love it. tell him to relax and enjoy it. sex is meant to be fully enjoyed. It's supposed to be fun.