prostate problems and loss of sensitivity in penis

hi everyone my name is Stephen and I am a 24/m with a 7 inch cut penis

This is a pretty recent occurrence and I needed some advice from the masses. I went to Italy in late June for 2 weeks and on the plane ride home I could feel my prostate acting up. I have had an enlarged prostate once before so I was familiar with the feeling. The first time I had it I was prescribed cipro for 2 weeks, the pain subsided and I was good to go again.

I also have had kidney stones problems many times before and even though the pain did not feel that way I have not completely ruled it out yet. I went to go see my urologist and after paying my 180 dollar bill! All I got was a finger up my butt and another bottle of cipro. My main concern is with my penis and not necessarily the pain.

I have been sexually active ever since my late teens and I have never had a problem with lack of sensitivity issues (I was always over sensitive and wearing a condom was great for me) part way through my trip to Italy and ever since my penis has not been as sensitive as it was. I am hoping this is being attributed to the enlarged prostate and everything will go back to normal once I am finished with the cipro (only about 5 days into a `14 day regime) I think my biggest concern is with the sensitive pieces of skin directly underneath the head. I used to be able to slightly rub that which would cause my flaccid penis to become effect only after a few times. I cause feel the sensitivity with no problem but now when I rub it, it feels like everything else!

I recently have just started having sex with my new girlfriend. Unfortunately I took her virginity just recently when all of this has been going on and the first few times we have had sex has not been the best. I could not remain hard the first few times (I was in a decent amount of discomfort from the prostate) and then just recently I could stay hard but I had to focus on staying hard so much because there was not much sensation that my ejaculations really have no pleasure! Even from blow jobs the amount of pleasure I am feeling from ejaculations is very minimal.
I am a pretty patient person and if this is all related to the prostrate issue then I am just being overly worried. I am just confused on why this is happening and once the prostate is down and this is still going on what can I do to restore the sensitivity especially in the head region

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
No expert here, all i know is that every man with loose some sensativity in his cock as he gets older eventually to the point an erection isnt spontaniouse without direct/contact stimulation.

That said, any worries, see a doctor, they will know then anyone on here matey.

thanks man

well i did just see my uralogist but over here in the states every doctor I have been to for anything wants to rush you out and throw some pills at you rather then talk to you about your issues.

a few months ago everything was working properly so a drastic change is a shock to me.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If its gone from 100% to 10% of its former sensativity, then my instinct is to say get it checked out. If your not happy with one docotrs opinion, get anothers matey. Better to know than not, ah.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
First of all it is normal for a man to loose some of that sex drive somewhere between mid twenties to mid thirties. By that I mean those spontaneous erections that drive a guy insane. As in no matter how much you try to concentrate on something else the penis will still get hard without any visual or touching help.

Also when the prostate in infected that is going to affect greatly the amount of cum that your body can produce and will affect the sex drive.

You need to see a urologist, a doctor who has had special training to treat prostate problems rather than a family doctor who will give you medicine to clean up this infection only to see this recur again like it has this time.

A urologist will look for the cause. Once you find out what is causing these recurring infections and get treatment for it, the better you sexual health will be for the future. I'm not a doctor, but I do know that men who have these recurring infections sooner or later have to have prostate surgery.

Google the word Prostate. A lot of web sites will come up. Benign Prostate is a key word that probably will help you the most.

It would be extremely rare for a guy your age to have any kind of cancer.

What about your voiding habits. Have you noticed that you have to pee more often? Do you sometimes have days where you feel you just about to wet your pants, but you can't go or if you do you pee just a little and need to pee again in twenty to thirty minutes. Are you having to get up during the night to pee though before this started you went all night without having to get up to pee?

Your doctor needs to know the answers to those questions as well.

Are there any other changes such as how much liquid you normally drink. Are there any other symptoms that are body changes as well.

Your urologist needs to know all of those symptoms to help diagnose your situation. At your age this should be a fixable problem.

Freddie,

thanks for the info and suggestions. The doctor I did just go see is my uralogist! I explained him my symptoms and he did the old finger check and pretty much said take cypro for two weeks and see if that clears it up. It not come back and we will try something else. I have done alot of reasearch on actual prostate function and whatnot. I was just curious if anyone on the forums had a similiar experience with loss of sensitivity and prostate function at the same time.

thanks
again

llazlo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I so agree wih Freddie53 - be specific if you can - any good Urologist will get a PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) blood test first off. A man of your age, as Freddie says, shouldn't have any serious problems, but you could be developeing recurrent BPH (benign prostatic hypertropgy) non-cancerous. At worst, if the PSA is high and the doctor after doing a prostate exam feels you should have a biopsy, then by ALL MEANS THINK ABOUT IT. OK ?

CurvyBlonde

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a lot of medications will affect your sex drive. and the fact that you have an infection is going to affect it as well. i would give it a couple more weeks, let the medicine do its work, and if after a week or so after the meds are done, you are still having problems, i would get a second opinion.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
It could be caused by a ton of different things. The long plane trip home could cause some problems. Stress can cause huge problems in your sex life. Even disc problems can affect your penis. If it doesn't get better in a couple of weeks, go see the doc again. I have to sit on a large doughnut cushion. I am thin, and sitting for long periods puts major pressure on my prostate, urethra, and penis. The opening in the middle keeps the pressure off the area. Once I started on the cushion, I got better fast.