Prostate Size

Kauri Tree

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Does anyone know what should be the 'normal' or average prostate size or weight before worrying about BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia)? Has anybody experienced enlarged prostate symptoms. I'm 55 and so far my only 'yellow light' is that I usually wake up and need to pee early in the morning after say 5 hours of sleep.

prickleyguy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I notice lately that I am having a much weaker stream while peeing, I am sure that's a sign of an enlarging prostate, getting up in the early morning... not a problem. It is time for me to get onto some Prostate herbs, probably would not hurt you either, just to be safe.

joe bltsflk

Experimental Member
Media
True. However, frequent digital prostate stimulation (via anal intercourse, etc) can falsely elevate PSA values. BPH is generally managed easily with medication.

Yes, my doctor says that even recent sexual activity can skew the reading and that the trend is more important than the numbers. That's why the digital exam is important to check for size.

GBF64

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Medications can/will cause side effects. I've been taking swedish flower pollen for a few years and it helps quite a bit. It will even help you to blow bigger loads.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The PSA often gives false positives, and what is more significant than a single test is a change in the reading. The digital exam is subjective, so pick a doc with experience (and slender fingers). BPH afflicts most of us as we age, but you need to rule out prostate cancer.