Prostatitis from anal sex?

remiel

Sexy Member
Media
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of anyone getting prostatitis (not the bacterial kind) from protected anal sex? I bottomed about a month and a half ago and was diagnosed with prostatitis about a month later. It could have been from any number of things I guess, I was just wondering if anyone knows if it could have been from receptive anal sex. I hope not, but any helpful input is appreciated. Thanks!

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
More than likely there is no relationship. Prostatic massage is sometimes a treatment for prostate issues. This is done through the anal canal and would not amount to much more than what you have right now. Personally my thoughts would be more that you have had some long dry periods and did not relieve yourself.

remiel

Sexy Member
Media
More than likely there is no relationship. Prostatic massage is sometimes a treatment for prostate issues. This is done through the anal canal and would not amount to much more than what you have right now. Personally my thoughts would be more that you have had some long dry periods and did not relieve yourself.
What do you mean that it would not amount to much more than what I have right now?

And I guess what you said is possible. I mean, all of this started when I masturbated. That was my third time in a week, but I dunno. Usually I masturbated 2-3x a day sometimes, and so maybe...idk.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ask your doctor. Years ago at 40, I had to see a urologist about prostatitis. He told me that infections can happen for little to no obvious reason, and that sometimes calcium crystals (with sharp spiky shapes) can form near sites of inflammation. Perhaps the anal sex you experienced disturbed the prostate which was sensitive because of calcium crystals already present there?

In my case the urologist asked how often I had sex, and since it was multiple times a day (with my newly moved in girlfriend) he attributed it to "honeymoon syndrome".

He did advise that most general practitioners do not prescribe strong enough antibiotics, and risk allowing an infection that can be eradicated totally to become a malingering or even chronic prostatitis. Some men suffer repeated bouts of it because it was not "nuked" properly when it was first treated.

Last edited:

remiel

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, I have been on antibiotics for almost 3 weeks now. Not everyone has bacterial prostatitis though, in which case the antibiotics would be rendered ineffective. Ah well, we'll see. I have been feeling better though, which I think I'd attribute mostly to Alleve, lol. I was instructed not to have any kind of sexual activity for a month (though I think this is because it can be painful (ejaculating) for some people), but I received oral sex about twice. The second time I think it was too close to the first time I came and it ended up giving me prostate pain and lower abdominal pain. 3 days later though, I feel a lot better. Hopefully from now on by abstaining and everything I can get 100% better. Thanks for your input though. Maybe it was calcium crystals or whatever. I'll have to ask my uro more about that at my next appointment.