Protection of a different sort... athletic cups...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by NewAgeDesire, Mar 26, 2006.

1. NewAgeDesire

NewAgeDesire New Member

Albums:
    After finding out the hardway that my goalie cup is not as protective as I thought. I went out and bought a pair of "XO athletic compression shorts with ProCup" I figure I'll wear the hard cup under my goalie one. I haven't had to wear a cup since sophmore year of high school and have forgotten how uncomfortable they are. I'm literally folded and scrunched into this thing. And it still doesn't sit correctly around my unit. God forbid I get a hard on while wearing this thing.

Is there a roomier cup on the market? Or am I destined to be squished for protection.

2. NewAgeDesire

NewAgeDesire New Member

Albums:
    I'm assuming at this point I'm pretty much screwed. I've searched google without any luck. I know I'm not the only one with this problem and that there must be others that wont fit at all. I'm not huge flaccid... probably around 5"x4.5" with what I'd concider average balls.

I guess I'll keep searching and let you all know if I find anything.

3. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    You might want to consult the reviews of various cups that appear on Jockwoof's website: http://www.timberwoof.com/jockwoof/cups/

He finds your XO cup inadequate for various uses, but suggests that the Bike cups are roomier.

4. NewAgeDesire

NewAgeDesire New Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the link. The original bike one is the one I used in highschool. I still have it somewhere. I'm much better off with the XO one in addition to my goalie jock than I am with just the goalie jock alone. I'll keep looking though.

5. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. Max

Max New Member

The only time I have worn a cup or box has been when playing cricket. (Though when my children were young and like most other dads I functioned as a useful piece of gymnastic apparatus for them I could have done with one. :wink: )

If I had played cricket regularly I would have had to search for a custom made box big enough for me; as it was I made do with what was available by keeping the family jewels inside the box and making room for them by letting my penis point outside (there wasn't any other choice in any case). A very high risk and extremely uncomfortable strategy; luckily for me I took no hits and have three children to prove it.

7. NewAgeDesire

NewAgeDesire New Member

Albums:
    I'm not so sure about this product. I can't find a review on it anywhere and from the looks of it the Stealth Cup seems to be quite small. And the only size availible is a Small?

I'm wondering how many people would have to contact a company like Bike for them to consider a large cup design?

8. RICKY_27

RICKY_27 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    HEY DUDE!

Forget 'BIKE CUPS' coz they are like a small hotel--NO BALL ROOM!! LOL

Here are two roomy cups that should be able to accomodate even the 'more amply endowed' LPSG members.

First is the JOFFA CUP; it is available from www.internationaljock.com

Second is the ORIGINAL BANANA CUP; it is available from www.lockergear.com

Both of these CUPS are designed for comfort (I know several dudes who have gotten 'STIFFIES' while they were 'cupped' and even had their CUPS 'overflow)':biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Happy 'CUP HUNTING'!!

RICKY_27

9. tyke

tyke New Member

Slazenger make a quite roomy box/cup. It's taller than other brands so
    by pointing my penis upwards my balls have enough room.

10. theboost78

theboost78 New Member

I hear ya on this one. The cricket season is coming up and I have yet to find a really comfortable option. Jockstraps are a no no, the most comfortable thing are the boxer briefs made by grey nicholls.

11. wellhung

wellhung New Member

in the compression shorts with cup how hard is it to take a leak with. looks hard aren't they tight. ?

12. j5674stun

j5674stun New Member

What color Xo cup do you have?

13. hollywood11.4"

hollywood11.4" Active Member

Albums:
    i personally wear a joffa cup and since i stay hard in cup entire time i wear it, and eventually ejaculate in it, i find the extra room even more helpful.

14. Buffalo_Bill

Buffalo_Bill New Member

There aren't any posts here with links to any companies that describe the size of their products. What a bunch of nonsense. This is a legitimate concern, why is it that athletic cups are only measured by weight and waist size? That's completely ridiculous, and men shouldn't stand for it. Particularly men on this website.

Here is one company that actually posts the sizes of their cups: Athletic Cup Supporters Protective Mens Safety Equipment. I'm getting back into martial arts and thinking of getting my cup here. But that's only one place. Does anyone else have any REAL information? Please don't waste time by posting a link to a company that doesn't even bother to state the size of the cup. Even if they come in small, medium, and large, what does "large" mean? The Nutty Buddy "Mongo" comes in 7.18" long X 4.35" wide X 2.5" deep. See how that is actual information? I like to shop around and get the best deal, so does anyone else know of any other companies that provide various size cups?

15. jockmaestro

Gold Member

The most important thing I found was NEVER to wear just the cup jock /shorts (i.e., next to your skin). In my experience, the cup is never snug enough, which leaves room for your balls to fall between the cup and your thigh, with potentially disASStrous results. I always wore a regular (Bike) jockstrap to pouch up my balls, and on TOP of that I'd put a cup strap or cup shorts. That way, you can get your cock and balls in the cup. Try it.

16. illinigradman

illinigradman Member

Rebock had taken over the Jofa like but still marketing the same style. It is a great cup. Good to wear a regular jock under it. Also look for the All Star, one of the biggest cups I own. It is for sale at internationaljock.com. Another brand to search online for is the nutty buddy. They come in different sizes and very strong.

17. Archer1534

Archer1534 Member

I've also started looking for another hard cup. Jofa seems to be good. Any complaints about it?

18. orangeC

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Shock doctor makes good cups with compression shorts or jocks. I never had a problem with the compression shorts and cup.

Draft saved Draft deleted