Proteins

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Combine a whole grain with a legume. Rice and beans, peas or lentils. Hummus stuffed pita. Nachos and bean dip. Peanut butter sandwich. The combination provides the eight essential amino acids the human body cannot make on its own.

(Doesn't have to be whole grain rice, bread or corn but you should for the fiber and mineral nutrition.)

RATA1988

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Combine a whole grain with a legume. Rice and beans, peas or lentils. Hummus stuffed pita. Nachos and bean dip. Peanut butter sandwich. The combination provides the eight essential amino acids the human body cannot make on its own.

(Doesn't have to be whole grain rice, bread or corn but you should for the fiber and mineral nutrition.)
Thank you, I'll take almost anything except wheat/gluten sandwish. However, concerning peanut butter, it makes you fatter when you don't have a high activity, right?

Another thing, you mention whole grain, nacho, pita etc but if no mistake, they are carbohydrates and not proteins?

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thank you, I'll take almost anything except wheat/gluten sandwish. However, concerning peanut butter, it makes you fatter when you don't have a high activity, right?

Another thing, you mention whole grain, nacho, pita etc but if no mistake, they are carbohydrates and not proteins?

All seed grains--wheat, corn, rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat--are sources of protein as well as carbohydrates. So are legumes. The point is you have to combine grain and legume to get the eight essential amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) your body cannot make on its own IF your diet doesn't include animal protein.

Those who eat animal protein--meat, fish, poultry, dairy--don't have to worry about it. All essential amino acids are provided.

Yes peanuts and peanut butter are rich in fat as well as protein so don't overeat it.

Reactions: RATA1988 and Gj816

mohitgautam

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Protein is found in a variety of foods, including:
• Beans and peas
• Dairy products
• Eggs
• Grains and vegetables (these generally provide less protein than is found in other sources)
• Meats and poultry
• Nuts and seeds
• Seafood (fish and shellfish)
• Soy products
Read more Monitoring Protein in Your Diet: Protein

Reactions: RATA1988

I use Biotest Metabolic Drive if UR looking for a protein powder. The vanilla tastes decent, even alone mixed with H2O and mixes well.

RATA1988

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oops, I missed the “except animal” part of the OP.

Animal protein is essential for building muscle. There are vegan bodybuilders, but they never get truly huge and their raw strength is sub-par
I'm not a bodybuilder, but I want to reduce my meat diet without losing muscles

RATA1988

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Protein is found in a variety of foods, including:
• Beans and peas
• Dairy products
• Eggs
• Grains and vegetables (these generally provide less protein than is found in other sources)
• Meats and poultry
• Nuts and seeds
• Seafood (fish and shellfish)
• Soy products
Read more Monitoring Protein in Your Diet: Protein
very complete, I'm not English I needed a lot of time to read and understand it well :) how to download it in PDF?

eudoraricker1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Dr. Axe's website often provides helpful insights into the ketogenic diet. While he might be more recognized in America, his content does offer solid information, well-explained and accessible. Speaking of keto, have you tried incorporating powder coconut milk into your ketogenic recipes? It's a great way to add a creamy texture and healthy fats without compromising your diet.

Reactions: sidowube