Protest for Heath's funeral

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
god, i am so tired of these idiots and their endless need for media attention. and doing so in the name of a religion that preaches the exact opposite of their message. i'm a firm believer in free speech, but these people test even my limits...

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now these morons have gone to far. The man made the film Brokeback Mountain. It was a damn god movie, he did a damn good job. What the hell are these nutbags claiming now? God struck Heath Ledger down because he played a gay cowboy? What a load of utter crap. The man may have died of an accidental overdose. It is terribly tragic and this is just as sick if not moreso than when they protest at the military funerals.

I hope they have the funeral in Australia, the authorities there will not be as nice as the pansies here. I hope they all finally end up in jail. Perhaps we can get lucky and their plane will get lost in the Bermuda Triangle.

mjcp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fred Phelps and his Westboro idiots are all about causing reactions and getting publicity. They were protesting at Iraqi war casualty funerals because the US tolerates homosexuality. Not sure if they've ever tried their crap outside of the America they hate so much. They'll learn.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hate these idiots who think they have to push THEIR beliefs on society. It also sickens me that people are so cruel to protest at a funeral. The funeral should be a celebration of his life, the good things.

His family and friends are shocked enough with his death. They don't need the additional stress these selfish morons show to the families for "their cause."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They protest a basketball game and a Billy Joel concert, because both of those are wasted opportunities to torment captive audiences with their ridiculous message. I wish I were joking about this, but I'm not.

They are protesting Leger's funeral more likely because he didn't make any anti-gay films, rather than because he made Brokeback Mountain.

They are indeed child-abusing idiots.

Yes, they do abuse children. I've seen it.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This makes me so mad. How, in a modern, dynamic Country like the USA are they allowed to behave in that way? I've read so much about these people and not once have I read a positive word. It's time you folks made your government wipe out groups like this or you will never move forward.

THEDUDER

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This makes me so mad. How, in a modern, dynamic Country like the USA are they allowed to behave in that way?

freedom of speech and freedom of religious expression. i mean they should be allowed to do this. they are still douchebags, and they aren't allowed within a block of the funeral so hopefully family and friends can avoid them. personally id want to confront them.

Likeitthick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just now in Canada At "The Hour", one of the most popular program in Canadian tv, the host gave the address of the Chuch for people to write and make fun of them.