Protest Gas Prices

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lets forward this to everyone you know! Make it go VIRAL!
We do not have to go into a recession just because the government is telling us it's coming. Everyone can join in with a protest call to their Senator or Representative. Just demand that you want something done with gasoline prices. Imagine millions of phone calls,faxes,e-mails or texts everyday going to Washington it could be the largest protest in American history. We can actually make this happen!
The middle east is trying to change the course of this country. Saudis pay about nine cents a gallon and give free education (college included),health care,prescriptions and so on to their people on our backs.Now they are forcing us into a recession? This is bullshit. If you can vote for American Idol with a phone call you can change Americas history with a phone call.Lets get this party started. First thing is Forward this e-mail to everyone you know then every day with your coffee make a call it's that simple. DEMAND CHANGE in gas prices. In this Presidential campaign everyone is talking CHANGE like it's a new buzz word. Lets be a part of this.Now this is what makes America great!!! Below is a phone directory use it!
MAKE THIS GO VIRAL!

Well I had a whole list but the text was too long
but you get the idea

Senators of the 110th Congress
http://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gif Akaka, Daniel K.- (D - HI)Class I141 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510 (202) 224-6361Web Form: akaka.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Homehttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifAlexander, Lamar- (R - TN)Class II455 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-4944Web Form: alexander.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Homehttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifAllard, Wayne- (R - CO)Class II521 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-5941Web Form: allard.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Homehttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBarrasso, John- (R - WY)Class I307 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-6441Web Form: barrasso.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactUs...http://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBaucus, Max- (D - MT)Class II511 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-2651Web Form: baucus.senate.gov/contact/emailForm.cfm?subj=issuehttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBayh, Evan- (D - IN)Class III131 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-5623Web Form: bayh.senate.gov/WebMail1.htmhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBennett, Robert F.- (R - UT)Class III431 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-5444Web Form: bennett.senate.gov/contact/emailmain.htmlhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBiden, Joseph R., Jr.- (D - DE)Class II201 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-5042Web Form: biden.senate.gov/contact/emailjoe.cfmhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBingaman, Jeff- (D - NM)Class I703 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-5521E-mail: senator_bingaman@bingaman.senate.govhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBond, Christopher S.- (R - MO)Class III274 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-5721Web Form: bond.senate.gov/contact/contactme.cfmhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBoxer, Barbara- (D - CA)Class III112 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510 (202) 224-3553Web Form: boxer.senate.gov/contacthttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBrown, Sherrod- (D - OH)Class I455 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-2315Web Form: brown.senate.gov/contact/http://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBrownback, Sam- (R - KS)Class III303 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-6521Web Form: brownback.senate.gov/CMEmailMe.cfmhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBunning, Jim- (R - KY)Class III316 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510 (202) 224-4343Web Form: bunning.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Emailhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifBurr, Richard- (R - NC)Class III217 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-3154Web Form: burr.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Homehttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifByrd, Robert C.- (D - WV)Class I311 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-3954Web Form: byrd.senate.gov/byrd_email.htmlhttp://senate.gov/resources/graphic/horiz_content_break.gifCantwell, Maria- (D - WA)Class I511 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-WASHINGTON DC 20510(202) 224-6253Web Form: wicker.senate.gov/publ

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry.. but you ain't smart....

WHAT... concretely... what do you want the Federal gov't to do... libtards have taxed the bejezuz out of gas... how about we eliminate that ... for one.

Call your Reps... to do what??? Say... "bad Middle East... you aren't playing nice".

folk like you block drilling on the North Slope and the Santa Barbara Channel... yet go crying to the oil companies,... you have zero clue on how oil prices are set...much less the supply/demand thereof.

Pay your $4.. and quit crying.

And relatively speaking gas in the US is not that ridiculously expensive... from a 30-40 year perspective.

Obama can't do SHIT about gas prices... and if you believe anything he says about it/.... you're fucking dumb fucking sheeple.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lets forward this to everyone you know! Make it go VIRAL!

Seriously?

Just call up a bunch of public officials, scream that the sky is falling, and demand they do something about it?

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what...if you can come up with just five practical measures that people can take, and that you are willing to take yourself, to mitigate the effects of rising fuel prices, then I'll jump on your little viral campaign.

Otherwise, put a sock in it, chicken little.

Obama can't do SHIT about gas prices... and if you believe anything he says about it/.... you're fucking dumb fucking sheeple.

I'm curious why you chose to single out Barack Obama with a statement that applies to all public officials equally? The OP certainly wasn't appealing directly to him.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Seems to me the best way to boycott gas prices is to use public transportaton (where available) and where it's not available incorporate yourself into an LLC and the just deduct your fuel as a business expense on your corporate taxes. One of the things that makes living outside the USA so economical for me is that I live in two cities with incredible mass transportation systems that actually work and are very inexpensive. There's a lesson to be learned from that.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorry.. but you ain't smart....

WHAT... concretely... what do you want the Federal gov't to do... libtards have taxed the bejezuz out of gas... how about we eliminate that ... for one.

Call your Reps... to do what??? Say... "bad Middle East... you aren't playing nice".

folk like you block drilling on the North Slope and the Santa Barbara Channel... yet go crying to the oil companies,... you have zero clue on how oil prices are set...much less the supply/demand thereof.

Pay your $4.. and quit crying.

And relatively speaking gas in the US is not that ridiculously expensive... from a 30-40 year perspective.

And you don't believe in global warming either!

Seriously?

Just call up a bunch of public officials, scream that the sky is falling, and demand they do something about it?

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what...if you can come up with just five practical measures that people can take, and that you are willing to take yourself, to mitigate the effects of rising fuel prices, then I'll jump on your little viral campaign.

Otherwise, put a sock in it, chicken little.

I'm curious why you chose to single out Barack Obama with a statement that applies to all public officials equally? The OP certainly wasn't appealing directly to him.

Do either of you two douche pumps know the meaning of the word protest? And what it can do or have done in the past.
If enough people bitch(seriously) Things change.
This whole reccession shit is about oil prices. If we all just say OK then $4.00 a gallon it is.
What can the Federal goverment do? I don't give a shit but they better do something.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are many ways we can cut oil consumption! Just try to get the American public to do it!

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And reducing the price is going to reduce consumption - how exactly?

P.S. Please fix the links in your post, they're screwing up the page, thanks.
An ounce of logic says this:

He is saying that by reducing our oil consumption the demand lowers. Since the demand lowers, the price follows. It's simple to understand but not so simple for a nation to comply with.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
I'm really glad this wasn't one of the "don't buy gas on monday" topics. I wish more people realized that the only way fuel costs are going to come down without domestic drilling is by cutting consumption. I'm not sure the people would actually do it if they understood anyway.

A part of the free market that people don't like is when they have to adjust their lifestyle during hard times. If you want to drive an SUV like it's going out of style, that's your choice. But just remember that it's going to start hurting really soon.

And fyi, I'm a Democrat. Words like "libtard" don't do anything but make you look dumber for using it. Turn off Limbaugh and try to have an actual debate.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Reducing the price is not going to reduce consumption!
If it were just about gas for my car I would not mind paying $5.00 a gallon but it's about our economy. The mattress I paid $2400.00 for last week is now $2700.00 (foams are a petroleum byproduct) I can see the impact on everything.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do either of you two douche pumps know the meaning of the word protest? And what it can do or have done in the past.
If enough people bitch(seriously) Things change.
This whole reccession shit is about oil prices. If we all just say OK then $4.00 a gallon it is.
What can the Federal goverment do? I don't give a shit but they better do something.

Now I understand your support of Clinton perfectly. Thanks for the clarifying insight.

FYI, calling people who challenge you to substantiate the premises of your position by asinine epithets does not qualify as one of the five measures I'm looking for.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
Also keep in mind that oil is going up partly because of demand and partly because of inflation. And unfortunately we're also in a period of recession, so in order to stabilize the economy we're just going to keep seeing interest rates come down, which in turn shoots inflation right up. Stagflation is deadly, so at this point I don't expect to see gas prices come down anytime soon unless people use less of it.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Today's oil pricing dynamics are not a simple matter of OPEC vs. the United States. If this were 1977, then maybe the US could apply political pressure and urge the OPEC nations to increase production. George Bush (i.e. King George III) tried to do exactly just that and was (not) so politely accomodated.

Today's oil prices are a result of rising demand and decreased production
  • Rising demand comes from China and India that are putting more cars on their new highway infra-structures every day. We are no longer in the 1970s where the US was the primary purchaser of Mideast oil
  • At the same time. oil production is being limited by a decreased ability to pump oil. The mideast oil fields are arguably at peak oil - the point at which an equal ratio of water to oil is being pumped from the oil fields, using high water pressure pumping techniques. Let's add geop-political instability with the oil-producing countries: the US is on Venezuela's shit list (and they are the 3rd largest export er to the US) . Nigeria exports oil to the US as well, but it's govt. is not always stable enough to handle Nigerian dissidents who occasionally disrupt the Nigerian oil supply.
The FASTEST way for the price of oil in the US to go down actually would involve the US government cutting its own internal tax on oil refining. About 15-20% (I need to find the exact figures) of the price of oil in the US is a result of federal and state taxes. NO, our political leaders never mention this fact! If they were to cut the taxes, the US government would be cutting into its own lucrative revenues.

The OP is basically a rant that doesn't have much grounding in economic and geo-political reality

Almost everyone in the US is feeling the pain of higher gas prices, directly or indirectly, but the only way to do something about in the near future is for the US to change its own behaviors.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An ounce of logic says this:

He is saying that by reducing our oil consumption the demand lowers. Since the demand lowers, the price follows. It's simple to understand but not so simple for a nation to comply with.

Yes, but logic works both ways, even by the ounce.

Reduced prices lead to increased use, which in turn leads to increased prices and so on.

Saudi production is down, which also drives up prices.

The price of fuel isn't even the key issue (except to those with tunnel vision), so much as the casual attitude toward its use. The only way to shake the US (especially) out of its mistaken believe in having a God given right to cheap fossil fuels to fuel its 'obsession' with things automotive is likely to be by making it hurt. Alternatives (fuels and/or transportation) must be developed, and accepted, that will take longer if petrol remains cheap.

Practicalities (and recessions) aside, it's a reality the US is going to have to come to terms with, sooner or later. I doubt it will happen voluntarily, and the longer it's delayed the more it will likely hurt. A tipping point will be reached.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Now I understand your support of Clinton perfectly. Thanks for the clarifying insight.

FYI, calling people who challenge you to substantiate the premises of your position by asinine epithets does not qualify as one of the five measures I'm looking for.

Asinine epithets? Like I have never seen you call someone a douch bag?
I can come up with more than 5 but trying to implement them is way to large of a project that just wont happen.
And your boy is going to do what for us?

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
The FASTEST way for the price of oil in the US to go down actually would involve the US government cutting its own internal tax on oil refining. About 15-20% (I need to find the exact figures) of the price of oil in the US is a result of federal and state taxes. NO, our political leaders never mention this fact! If they were to cut the taxes, the US government would be cutting into its own lucrative revenues.
While this is true, it's still only a very temporary (and not very deep) fix. Assuming refinery taxes were cut to 5%, that means the price per gallon would still only come down 5 to 15% tops. That makes $3.29 gas become $2.80 (assuming 15% of the tax rate comes down). Sure that's improvement, but gas was just $2.80 back in late October. That means that in less than 6 months, without an increase in oil taxes, gas has gone up $0.49. So if all we do is cut taxes and think that we're suddenly going to all be relived then we're probably just going to end up right where we started in another 6 months.

I agree with you that the taxes on oil are too high. It's one of my own conflicts with the Democratic Party. But I think simply cutting taxes alone is just as wrong and keeping them higher. We NEED to reduce consumption and we NEED to become energy independent.