Protest Gas Prices

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thatd be nice, but itll never happen. the only way gas prices will ever come down again is if the entire world stops driving for a week or 2. fuck OPEC, thats all i have to say

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
thatd be nice, but itll never happen. the only way gas prices will ever come down again is if the entire world stops driving for a week or 2. fuck OPEC, thats all i have to say

I think they said this about the American Revolution once.

Of course it will never happen if someone doesn't start it. That's why this thread was started - to raise awareness and take action. If you want to be negative, then fine. But the opening line of the Constitution still reads WE THE PEOPLE, so if you want to change something then change it. Don't complain if you aren't willing to do anything about it but yell and scream at OPEC.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

OPEC are doing what any such organisation would do, manipulating the market to the benefit of its members, why shouldn't it?

But OPEC isn't the real problem.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As for the US recession of 2008, that is more directly a result of the US Treasury's drop of helicopter $$ into our economy which only causes inflation. Then you add the moral hazard of institutional loaners who have created the sub-prime lending crisis.

too funny... the media and common citizens saying we are in a recession...

like someone self-diagnose of having cancer.... the mainstream media throws out the term... yet 99.999% can't define what a recession is, much less .00009 more than can actually have an agreeing/differing opinion on whether or not we are indeed in a recession.

last I fucking checked... there was a line of 20 ppl in a Starbuck's with another Starbuck's less than 2 blocks away, waiting in line for a $4 cup of compressed coffee and milk.... each replete with a flat screen and or $100+ cell phone in tow...

recession.... woe... hardship.

laughable.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think they said this about the American Revolution once.

Of course it will never happen if someone doesn't start it. That's why this thread was started - to raise awareness and take action. If you want to be negative, then fine. But the opening line of the Constitution still reads WE THE PEOPLE, so if you want to change something then change it. Don't complain if you aren't willing to do anything about it but yell and scream at OPEC.

the best thing to do is keep using up all the oil and gas you possibly can... if there is indeed a supply problem... the almighty buck will FOR SURE find a solution sooner than later, as billions will be had by the winner that solves the consumer energy solution.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
the best thing to do is keep using up all the oil and gas you possibly can... if there is indeed a supply problem... the almighty buck will FOR SURE find a solution sooner than later, as billions will be had by the winner that solves the consumer energy solution.
The almighty buck? Are you serious? That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you're living in a pie-in-the-sky conservative utopia.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The almighty buck? Are you serious? That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you're living in a pie-in-the-sky conservative utopia.

You are not being a jerk. Faceking is one of those incredible bores that people run away from at social gatherings. You know the type, they know everything and wont shut up. They have no friends and are single.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
I have no problem with debating, but you can't debate with talk-radio talking points. Hell, sometimes I even agree with conservatives, but when someone consistently uses the word "libtard" and rehashes what sounds like came from the latest episode of "Hannity's America," it's hard to take them seriously.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with Faceking, it doesn't matter whether you save a gallon of gas or not, the market will manipulate the price for (record) profit, because regardless, gasoline has no substitute with the infrastructure currently in place. All a fleet of hybrids by any car manufacturer does is inflate new car prices. Look at the hybrid Civic ($ 18K to buy the hardware), it gets 50 mpg, so if I'm selling gasoline or any another oil product, I raise the price enough to continue to adjust for the decreased consumption in terms of gallons. That is, a purely gasoline consuming Civic gets close to 40 mpg, the price of a gallon of gas goes up 25% as 50 mpg is 25% more than 40 mpg. Because in the end, the consumer will be out the $ 18K for the Civic for Honda to get their money, and for the oil & gasoline people to get theirs, a gallon goes from $ 3/gallon to $ 3.75/gallon. In the end, the car manufacturer made money for a sale on a new car and the oil company and everyone in it's game made theirs and now they have 25% more gasoline to sell you at $ 3.75/gallon, because the hybrid fleet(s) still uses gasoline. It's really just simple math on profitability. And tell me the oil and gasoline industry isn't already making this happen as we speak. They can do their price adjustments infinitely more responsive than the consumer can make $ 18K for a new car or even a car company can develop a fleet of hybrids.

The key is not whining about gas prices, it's to get into a business of your own where you can set prices for your neighbors and gouge them for record profits. If not that, become part of a labor union and use the collective bargaining power for guarantees on what a standard of living will be or no productivity occurs. The more things continue, the more this is going to be like Europe here in America. It's inevitable and for cheap labor, China will be the place to go for that. Little or no human rights there and America is firmly behind that, it's what powers Wal-Mart.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank god my truck is paid for and only have a 2.5 mile drive to work !!!

my nissan frontier gets only 26 mpg

Don't worry, someone else will factor you in somewhere/somehow and you'll still feel the effects in some manner, whether it's a gouge for increased food costs. I believe one of the airlines canceled 1000's of flights over the cost of fuel, stranding travelers. So the price of what flights they do offer will go up to cover that, the oil and gasoline industry will raise prices higher to make up for that lost profitability.

Labor is going to have to be like the rest of the market and go on a credit basis. There's no way labor's incomes can continue to be a pay as you go cash basis wage and salary structure. Believe me, if I have to be in debt for toilet paper and the daily consumables, my employer can go into debt for my time and pay interest on what they can and can't afford just the same. Labor is going to have to organize at this level, otherwise nobody but the wealthiest will ever have much of anything. Cut the wealthiest back just as each of us gets cut back in terms of buying power. When it all comes to a grinding halt, we'll get to see what happens that day. After reading on what the UAW did with the big 3 here in the US in terms of future agreements, they sold out labor out again. Plants still close, job loss and in the future labor will be cheaper. If I'm a UAW casualty, the day they need a car built down the road, GM, Ford & Chrysler can go f*ck off, I'll retool and reeducate and any money I make in a service based industry will be to buy a vehicle made in the Far East. Again, China wins !

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the low dollar is keeping us busy at work with all of over seas orders :):)

buy a bicycle a good one cost only $2,000 and save money on gas

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

$2000?!?!?! ahahahaha, the average person can get themselves a great bike for $500, not talkin some some walmart shit either... youd have to be a nutcase to spend $2000 on a bike to ride around town for the average person, at that price, get yourself a nice scooter, 50+mpg, and u dont have to pedal! lol

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The key is to be a few blocks away from work to commute on that bicycle. As it currently stands 20 miles is an hour by automobile during peak period for me, that might be tough with a bicycle, especially as often as it rains.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The key is to be a few blocks away from work to commute on that bicycle. As it currently stands 20 miles is an hour by automobile during peak period for me, that might be tough with a bicycle, especially as often as it rains.

lol yea, i sure as hell know i wouldnt wana start my morning with a 20 mile bike ride... and i hope there are showers at your work to shower off all that sweat now that its gettin hot! unless youi live in a city, and near by, riding a bike to work is just not practical, at all, and most highways you arnt even aloud to have a bike on.. you gona get up at 2am to take a 5 hour detour through back roads to work to save a couple dollars? yea right

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
$2000?!?!?! ahahahaha, the average person can get themselves a great bike for $500, not talkin some some walmart shit either... youd have to be a nutcase to spend $2000 on a bike to ride around town for the average person, at that price, get yourself a nice scooter, 50+mpg, and u dont have to pedal! lol

Wal-Mart doesn't have shitty bikes any more:

Sports & Fitness - Wal-mart
Sports & Fitness - Wal-mart

Carbon Fiber technology @ under $ 600.

Target even sells some pretty decent bikes to compete with Sports Authority. Some of the $ 200 and under bikes will give you that nicer featured bike that used to be what a specialty bike shop carried. And the beauty of the less expensive bike is that it's more cost effective to maintain because it has more mass produced parts. Heck, when it gets beyond new and in need of repair, get another for about what a $ 2,000 model would cost you for replacement parts and repair labor.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I posted earlier about how lucky I am to live in two different cities during the year where the public transportation is excellent and driving a car, even one of those cute two-passenger "specials" that are for merely navigating a few narrow European streets, is a major pain. Then I realized that I do own an automobile in Buenos Aires for those times I want to go exploring the country. I bought a 2006 Peugeot 407 (way stylin') and I can't really tell you how much fuel costs per liter in Argentina, I don't have to worry about it much. I just hand my AmEx card to the guy at the service station and tell him to "llenalo." But I do know that I get about 800 kilometers on a full tank and if I'm not mistaken the tank holds the equivalent of about 20 gallons US. Sadly, my fellow patriots in the land of the red, white and blue, you cannot buy this car in the USA or a Citroen, or a Renault.

Instead of buying into the catalytic converter solution of the 1970's, French car manufacturers just went back to the drawing board (it was still pretty much before CAD software) and redesigned their next four generations of engines. My 407 (a navy blue sedan that makes Porches nervous) runs on diesel. But the diesel used is as clear as a glass of water. It's light diesel and if such a thing exists, it seems to be high-octane, too. In fact, Chrysler manufactures at least three different models of cars (one of them is a version of the Sebring convertible) that are sold down here, but that you cannot buy in the USA. Again, because they do not meet the USA's engineering specs for low emission vehicles, despite the fact they put out substantially less carbon monoxide and other pollutants than similar or same models fitted with the standard gas engine and a catalytic converter as required by law in the USA. These cars even surpass California emissions standards. All of them surpass the new "gotta get 34 mph+ per gallon" rule (or whatever the number) recently passed by Congress.

For those of you who have not had the opportunity to travel Argentina and Chile, the autopistas are better maintained and more fun to drive than those in the USA. Even the graveled, unpaved roads are usually in better shape than most US Interstates.

Electric cars are beginning to show up on the streets of Buenos Aires. They are cute, only carry two people, and outrageously expensive. As for cumbustible fuel, Argentina is not without its own problems of keeping supply up with demand. YPF, the national oil company, frequently low-balls the anticipated production of NAFTA (alcohol fuel), gasoline, and especially diesel. So, late in the evenings and on weekends the service stations have nothing to sell. But the diesel used in passenger cars don here (and in much of the EU) is not the red or green dyed crap I have to pay $4 a gallon for in north Eastern Nevada. Although, if I check I'm paying approximately the same or slightly more for 4 liters of diesel than I would for a gallon of 'Mericuhn oily grungy stuff.

Still, getting away from this fossil fuel business is long over due. I remember filling up my first car (a used 61 Lincoln) with ETHEL that cost 19 cents per gallon. That was expensive gas.

Happy motoring. And my best to the ghost of Dinah Shore, where ever she may be.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lets forward this to everyone you know! Make it go VIRAL!
We do not have to go into a recession just because the government is telling us it's coming. Everyone can join in with a protest call to their Senator or Representative. Just demand that you want something done with gasoline prices. Imagine millions of phone calls,faxes,e-mails or texts everyday going to Washington it could be the largest protest in American history. We can actually make this happen!
The middle east is trying to change the course of this country. Saudis pay about nine cents a gallon and give free education (college included),health care,prescriptions and so on to their people on our backs.Now they are forcing us into a recession? This is bullshit. If you can vote for American Idol with a phone call you can change Americas history with a phone call.Lets get this party started. First thing is Forward this e-mail to everyone you know then every day with your coffee make a call it's that simple. DEMAND CHANGE in gas prices. In this Presidential campaign everyone is talking CHANGE like it's a new buzz word. Lets be a part of this.Now this is what makes America great!!! Below is a phone directory use it!
MAKE THIS GO VIRAL!

What? Why? So you can use it all up quicker?

Buy a smaller car, try walking or cry me a river, Princess.

And if you think the Saudi's are living in a land of milk and honey, think again. The man on the street standard of living is only marginally better than camping in the outback of Australia.