Proud of being white... is this taboo in 2017?

D

deleted931509

It's always been clear to me that being proud of where you are born is a stupid thing to do. You had no control over it.
The same is true of skin colour, and I guess penis size too - something I never considered before now.

You should be proud of your achievements, no matter how small. But don't be proud of something you had no control over, like your race or your nationality. Especially because nationalism is a very ugly thing indeed.

determinedtogrow

Expert Member
Media
It's always been clear to me that being proud of where you are born is a stupid thing to do. You had no control over it.
The same is true of skin colour, and I guess penis size too - something I never considered before now.

You should be proud of your achievements, no matter how small. But don't be proud of something you had no control over, like your race or your nationality. Especially because nationalism is a very ugly thing indeed.
Fantastic comment. I completely agree with you HugeGirth6.

hungarmo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nope. I didn't even know this was an issue, lol. Maybe only in the US?

If you're German and you want to make your Facebook background a picture of a German Flag, or wear a "Proud to be German" shirt, I'm happy for you. Celebrate the rich culture and history of your ethnicity. I'm not going to be stupid and assume you support Nazis or something just because of Germany's history. Honestly, I'd be more wary of someone trying to force me to suppress my cultural identity because of my ethnicity's history. A basic Google search will bring up numerous violent histories from every culture, whether it be war, tribal conflict, cannibalism, slaves, etc.

Saying that one race/people group should not be proud of their history because of a specific period of violence is like only arresting the biggest guy in a group of thugs who beat someone up. (are we really discussing this?)

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...until two years ago when there was a DNA profiling of the UK and it turned out that the Cornish today collectively have more Anglo Saxon DNA than the Celtic they imagined! This is what happened when you get misguided nationalism.

It may seem "simplistic" to try to explain this to racists, but, DNA evidence has proven the we are ALL, every "race", born out of Africa... So, we really should get over the ridiculous, "historical", skin color prejudices that just try separate us as human beings.... Get over it, and "vive-la-différence"!

In my book, the people who bring the nutritious goods to the table, for ALL to share, are the best of the best.

A/B

Last edited:
S

superbot

Nothing remotely 'racist' about DNA analysis on the contrary it's a fascinating subject,..and who even mentioned skin colour?? On the contrary,it seems your supposition is the more inflammatory for attempting to twist the debate to your own ends.
As far as our origins being linked to common ancestry in Africa,have really only just discovered this????
Good try.....

D

deleted15807

I could give two shits what all these new age pussies have to say. I'm not embarrassed to be white. If anything I'm embarrassed to be human. Bc damn. We are a horrible species.

Exactly. Humans are the most lethal force on the planet. Wherever we appear destruction of the natural habitat, plants and wildlife are sure to follow.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could give two shits what all these new age pussies have to say. I'm not embarrassed to be white. If anything I'm embarrassed to be human. Bc damn. We are a horrible species.

Exactly. Humans are the most lethal force on the planet. Wherever we appear destruction of the natural habitat, plants and wildlife are sure to follow.

We will all have to change our destructive behavior, if we want to keep this world livable... If saying that makes me sound like a "new age pussy", so be it.

A/B

Last edited:
D

deleted225258

White pride is not like other people's pride. White pride means feeling pride because of race supremacism, black pride means feeling pride in spite of race supremacism.
Not quite sure what ur getting at, but a self-aggrandizing notion of racial supremacy is an antiquated low-brow attempt at self-consolation by those who refuse to evolve. I can only speak for myself, as should you when I say that my pride comes from being the best friend, relative, worker, partner, etc. that I can be to those who depend on me. My race has nothing to do with it.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Saying that you have "white pride" is not synonymous with saying that you are proud of your heritage as a Polish American or whatever.

Saying that you have "white pride" indicates that you are not willing to accept responsibility for, nor apologize for, negative treatment of non-whites in either history or modern times. That's not in and of itself a bad attitude (I'm not suggesting that white people do have to apologize for any of that). It's just that it's not the same thing. Calling it white defensiveness would be a more accurate nomenclature.

Defensiveness can be justified, but it's not the same thing as pride. That make sense?

D

deleted225258

In no way am I suggesting that people shouldn't be proud of their heritage. I believe that white people have a great deal to be proud of. I can tell you, as a person of color, that most non-whites (in America, at least) aren't advocating or soliciting any type of "Eternal Apology" from white people. It's only when the term, "white pride" is used to soften the sound of what is actually "white prejudice" that it becomes problematic. In other words, to be proud of being white is great. But, it becomes something all together different if it entails the degradation of other races.