Prudeness.. Is it weird or are those without it weird?

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are alot of different kinds of people out there and prude ones seem to be rampant everywhere. Obviously, living in the bible belt I meet a million prudes here, but I wonder what is it like in your neck of the woods?

Are women in your area just as prudish as in my area? What about the guys?

Thoughts?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please define 'Prude' or 'Prudeness but do so carefully. As I have often been described as such here and when I respond I am lambasted and warned. :irked:

There are alot of different kinds of people out there and prude ones seem to be rampant everywhere. Obviously, living in the bible belt I meet a million prudes here, but I wonder what is it like in your neck of the woods?

Are women in your area just as prudish as in my area? What about the guys?

Thoughts?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey straightcock -
dfw area - i may be moving there in the near future. my ex was from there and i was never aware of the 'prude' types there. i liked the texas girls.
if you want to see prudes, move to west michigan and how permeated this place is with dutch christian reformed and reformed christian reformed prudes and ass holes where one person is holier than the next. total sour-puss city. miserable, horrible, ungracious, unhappy people. i will trade you dfw area women ANY day for the bull shit uptight prude s-h-i-t of west michigan.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I checked Wikipedia you aren't just in the bible belt. Dallas-Fort Worth is considered by many to be the buckle of the bible belt. My suggestion is to either move, join a sex club, or sign up for AFF.

Definitions of prude on the Web:
For the sake of argument let's use the wikipedia definition of prude, which I have bolded above. As it seems to be pretty comprehensive in scope.

In days of yore, let's say 1995 it was still considered rude and uncouth to discuss sexuality, nudity, or illicit drug use in public let alone mixed company. As for mischief the definitions for that are too varied to go into here.

Just what exactly is it you are wanting these Texas women to do with which they aren't comfortable? People who are reared in strict and/or Christian homes tend not to be into daisy chains, crystal meth, and beer pong. :rolleyes: The exception of course is PK's or Preacher's Kids and Policeman's Kids as some are notorious for wanting to do anything they can to embarass their parents and go against the grain. :rolleyes:

I am not a naturist/nudist nor do I have anything against them. I am not sexually a prude though many here seem to think I am. :rolleyes: whatever} It seems to me that being a prude is more a matter of manners, and etiquette and the people who lack or willingly shun these things are quick to call those of us who don't prudes.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In southern California I don't think there are many prudish women. I think I'm considered the prude here. :sad:

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I used to hang out in Deep Ellum in the early '90s I saw lots of girls who didn't look like prudes. But maybe things have changed.

Hanging out in bars and in clubs is a good way to meet people who aren't very prudish.

But what about the other 90% of the population who don't really go to such establishments? All areas have the ones that go to the clubs and bars and are cool. However, the rest of them... That's the discussion topic... I think.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I try to avoid those people.

Problem is that a subset of this 90% of people are actually cool but find clubs and bars to be boring and trite. These are the experienced people who are actually rather cool and not prude at all. So, in conclusion, poptarts.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please explain why this needs to be in Women's Issues and not Relationships or Et Cetera.

You can't ask this question seriously in a thread about prudity.

Oh no you can't. So that leads me to believe that it was either a joke, you were really tired when you replied or you're just generally not quite all there.

In any event... Poptarts.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You can't ask this question seriously in a thread about prudity.

Oh no you can't. So that leads me to believe that it was either a joke, you were really tired when you replied or you're just generally not quite all there.

In any event... Poptarts.

No - I'd like a genuine answer to what was a genuine question.

In light of your rather (predictably) childish and (somewhat expectedly) misogynistic response I am assuming you feel that prudishness is somehow the domain of women. In my personal experience you are wrong. I'm not going to get into a fight with you about it though I am going to request this thread be moved to an appropriate section.

NB: I don't believe the word 'prudity' exists in English (though there is a 'prudité' in French) - I think you are looking for 'prudery' or perhaps 'prudishness' - either would do in the above context.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No - I'd like a genuine answer to what was a genuine question.

In light of your rather (predictably) childish and (somewhat expectedly) misogynistic response I am assuming you feel that prudishness is somehow the domain of women. In my personal experience you are wrong. I'm not going to get into a fight with you about it though I am going to request this thread be moved to an appropriate section.

NB: I don't believe the word 'prudity' exists in English (though there is a 'prudité' in French) - I think you are looking for 'prudery' or perhaps 'prudishness' - either would do in the above context.

I didn't say it was solely a women's issue but to deny that it's a women's issue at all is to deny that 2+2 isn't 5.

And since I am a male, I don't give a damn about the male responses like I care about the female responses. Thus, it should be in women's issues since I highly doubt the average female here strays far from that particular section since the rest of the site seems to be, from my experience, one big homosexual escapade (which isn't a bad thing but not exactly something I'd imagine straight females would be drawn to IMO).

And, not only this, but I didn't want to limit the scope of the answers to females because women do like to speak about guy's PRUDITITY :D.

It's a good word, we should add it to the dictionary ;) :tongue:

In any event, thanks for assuming I'm sexist even though I've never said a sexist word on this or any forum in any humor but in jest to make fun of sexism. Twat.

Ah well, this thread is pretty fail anyhow. Could have been done better. It was a 4am "I am bored so I'll post" thread and usually those blow.

Last edited: