Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I plan on building an arcade stick for my PS3 and PS2, hopefully I'll have it done before MvC3 comes out. It will probably cost me around $140-150 in the end. It will be better than using some madcatz piece of shit stick.

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My Ps3 recently broke with my copy of game of the year edition of Oblivion inside. As I didnt have a external hardrive so didnt have my game data backed up externally, I'm going to loose all my game data and have to start all over again :mad::mad::mad::mad:. Pissed off Sony dont offer a data retrevement service or that sony never released sony external data storage devices to say the least.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Does anyone own the slimmer version of the PS3? I do agree that the older units are incredibly noisy when they are used for a while.
I have the PS3 Slim. I like the unit a lot.

And no, I'm not someone who would stand in line waiting for the release of a new game. :smile: I enjoy playing occasionally, but I'm not very good at any of the games I play. I play with my best friend online from time to time, but I'm not good enough to want to play with random people on the internet.

I like Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Tiger Woods Golf, and Madden NFL football.

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I prefer the original 'old' units, but im just arkward like that. :smile: Had a launch PS3 since they were realesed here up until two days ago when it died, quite upset about that lol.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like the older units, but as previously mentioned their fan/cooling system is loud as hellfire. I had to get my original PS3 replaced when the harddrive crashed and I lost all my data. Sony were very good and sent me a new console however all of my save data was gone.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Today's lighthearted gaming moment, courtesy of Vanille from FF13:
When Vanille acts as a Sentinel (say whaaaaat?), she taunts monsters, "Afraid of a girl?" Curious that she's talking a bit of trash while holding down Mediguard.

Related Postscript:
As a Commando, she gets the unique skill Deathblow, which instantly kills off a target with low HP. Still can't hold a candle to her Death attack though. :D

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I bought Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for £12.99 from Blockbuster this past weekend - solely because I saw the awesome trailer for Force Unleashed 2. I haven't had time to properly play it yet, but the brief bit I did play really impressed me.

Yes, on top of a PS3 nerd I'm also a Star Wars geek.

Today's lighthearted gaming moment, courtesy of Vanille from FF13:
When Vanille acts as a Sentinel (say whaaaaat?), she taunts monsters, "Afraid of a girl?" Curious that she's talking a bit of trash while holding down Mediguard.

Related Postscript:
As a Commando, she gets the unique skill Deathblow, which instantly kills off a target with low HP. Still can't hold a candle to her Death attack though. :D

I'm fulfilling the missions at the mo. Haven't trained Vanille as a Commando - I use her as Medic/Saboteur/Ravager.

Gagalungu

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
yay a gaming thread :D
too bad i lack a PS3... i got a wii though (besides my PC, doh)
on my wii i have plenty of games (some bought, some... well... not bought :p)
wii games: Zelda Twi Princess, Mario Kart Wii, resident evil 4, zack&wiki, mario party 8, super paper mario, super mario galaxy - originals
super smash bros brawl, resident evil darkside chronicles, naruto clash of the ninja revolution 2, metroid prime 3 corruption, boom blox, madworld aaand my personal favourite Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FE: RD is so awesome... i played through it all in i think 2 days or something

also i play a lot of Warcraft III xD

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm fulfilling the missions at the mo. Haven't trained Vanille as a Commando - I use her as Medic/Saboteur/Ravager.

Oh, you will eventually. Hanging out on Pulse long enough and being fairly vigilant about the missions, it takes practically no time to get hundreds and thousands of points for the Crystarium. Once you max out each character's primary classes, and having already completed the Fifth Ark level, you can just spend those extra points on other jobs. Does Vanille make sense as a Sentinel? Absolutely not. But sometimes you'll find some serious monsters that require three Sentinels to stand together and hold off an attack. (Helloooo, Vercingetorix!)

Beyond that, working in other classes give you more opportunities to build up Strength, Magic, and HP, and you'll need all of those baseline improvements as much as you can, considering that weapons and accessories really don't add that much more.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
yay a gaming thread :D
too bad i lack a PS3... i got a wii though (besides my PC, doh)
on my wii i have plenty of games (some bought, some... well... not bought :p)
wii games: Zelda Twi Princess, Mario Kart Wii, resident evil 4, zack&wiki, mario party 8, super paper mario, super mario galaxy - originals
super smash bros brawl, resident evil darkside chronicles, naruto clash of the ninja revolution 2, metroid prime 3 corruption, boom blox, madworld aaand my personal favourite Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FE: RD is so awesome... i played through it all in i think 2 days or something

also i play a lot of Warcraft III xD

Welcome to the thread!

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holy shit. I earned all of the trophies in FF13. And man, I am beat! I'm definitely ready to put that game to rest and play something else. Hmmm... which one?

Demon's Souls is a great action RPG. Also one of the most challenging and well made PS3 exclusives out there.

If you're sick of RPGs and want something completely different, pick up Heavy Rain. One of the most unique titles out on the current market.

I could go on for hours recommending games....

Last edited:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I need some help. Basically, my PS2 is collecting a lot of dust on my shelf, and I really don't imagine myself replaying any of my old titles. I was disappointed I never got around to beating the Answer portion of Persona 3 FES or get one of the better endings in Persona 4. I just don't think I have the time or the interest to get back into those projects. Hell, I say the same thing about FF13 because there are no more trophies to get.

Should I just do the right thing and trade-in my PS2 and all my PS2 games or should I keep hope alive and hang onto them?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Geez, that's like 3, 4, $500 I can't afford to eat up right now. Plus, wasn't there this big deal about some older PS3s can't play PS1 and PS2 games? I remember how the PS3 went through two transitions. The old, old models had that expensive hardware to play PS1 and PS2 games; the second-gen PS3s have the emulator that works on some games and not on others.

I guess I could always scrap the games that I know I'm not gonna play again...