Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Traded in my copy of Vanilla SFIV for a paltry amount that was only enough to cover the sales tax (give or take) for a used copy of SSFIV, which I now have. :) I also got SSFIIT:HDR, Castlevania:SotN and Rockman Complete Works (first release) on the PSN (the latter two from the PS One classics section).

What is a man?! A miserable pile of secrets. But enough talk! Have at you!

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I picked up BlazBlue:CT and Bioshock 2 recently. I still need to pick up Bioshock before I play 2, but for $10 for 2 I figured I snatch it now, since it was local.

I found Bioshock 1 in my local Blockbuster for 10 bucks. It shouldnt be too hard to find a cheap copy.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
2 more days until MvC3 drops, get hype. Also I got CS, not CT for BB, meant to put that but I mixed them up.

Jonny, you know what is really amazing about MGS4? All of the 'cutscenes' aren't prerendered, they are generated in real time by the game engine. It really showcases the PS3's power.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So I'm not very fond of Marvel 3. I miss the giant cast of MvC2, even if the game is horribly imbalanced and only like 5-10 characters are actually viable competitively. Also the graphics, MvC3's graphics just don't cut it for me, too dark, I don't really like cel shading anyways.

So I'm going to stick with SF.

i got mgs4 for a tenner what a game. stunning in every way
I remember playin the first MGS1 demo, back in like 99. Was the first game to use the dual-shock I think...I was amazed when I could feel a helicopter approaching in a cut scene haha.

Assassin's Creed, Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain?

Feel like getting me teeth into some immersive, adventure action. Any thoughts? :)

Cheers Pendy. :)

Yup, played Uncharted 1 - so 2 would be a follow-on. Might go for that first, followed by AC2 (I heard AC1 was a bit monotonous).

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cheers Pendy. :)

Yup, played Uncharted 1 - so 2 would be a follow-on. Might go for that first, followed by AC2 (I heard AC1 was a bit monotonous).

The first one is fine as long as you only do the main missions. It gets really annoying when you have to interrogate people before doing a mission though. You have to run around aimlessly at times, hoping to bump into someone. If you want to get all the achievements, then strap yourself in - it's not going to be pretty. An obscence number of collectible flags and things you can easily miss at the start of the game, thus meaning a replay is necessary! I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it.

Ugh well, since I'm lazy, I'll hop straight into AC2. :D
I'll leave it a while tho, since I just bought Uncharted 2, several minutes ago. ;)

Thanks for the input peeps. :)

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I never found it hard to get the info, even the extra info. You only need to get like 2 or 3. As long as you have the view points, the game pretty much tells you where everything is, so if you're wandering around wondering who to pickpocket, interrogate, or eavesdrop on, then you're doing something wrong. Somethings can be hard like doing tasks for the spies for info, though mostly the only ones that are hard are the ones where you have to assassinate some people for them without being spotted in a time limit, but the knives generally makes that much easier.

The flags are annoying, but other than going for 100% there is no reason to get them, getting all of the info makes planning your main assassination easier. I guess it is a bit monotonous, but then again I can PSO grind all day.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never found it hard to get the info, even the extra info. You only need to get like 2 or 3. As long as you have the view points, the game pretty much tells you where everything is, so if you're wandering around wondering who to pickpocket, interrogate, or eavesdrop on, then you're doing something wrong. Somethings can be hard like doing tasks for the spies for info, though mostly the only ones that are hard are the ones where you have to assassinate some people for them without being spotted in a time limit, but the knives generally makes that much easier.

The flags are annoying, but other than going for 100% there is no reason to get them, getting all of the info makes planning your main assassination easier. I guess it is a bit monotonous, but then again I can PSO grind all day.

I always had issue finding the towers to climb in the first place, but yes - if you have the viewpoints synchronised it is pretty easy. The flags really are a chore though. :smile:

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah, but the only flags you have to get for anything other than going towards the 100% are the ones from the spies, and those ones are super easy, and fun imo. I'm pretty sure all of the view points are on the map as well. :p

The only flags I've bothered to get (besides the spy ones) are the flags from the first town, your headquarters, since there are only like, 36.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, but the only flags you have to get for anything other than going towards the 100% are the ones from the spies, and those ones are super easy, and fun imo. I'm pretty sure all of the view points are on the map as well. :p

The only flags I've bothered to get (besides the spy ones) are the flags from the first town, your headquarters, since there are only like, 36.

You need to have at least one tower in the area already. Then some of the others show up on the map. :smile: Those spy flags are fun, the others are just boring really - but I can't leave a game less than 100% complete! :tongue:

modest_pride

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I gave up on the first Assassin's Creed. Actually I haven't beat AC2...I really need to! I'll buy a game and then in the next couple weeks I'll buy another new game and start it instead of finishing the first one I bought. Starting to get behind....

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Havent played any Assassin's Creed or Uncharted games yet. I've been meaning to but my funds have been going to other games (MvC3, Pokemon White, and MK9 specifically and Playstation Plus).