PS3 is not good for playing blu ray movies.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I ran Spears & Munsil High-Definition Benchmark Blu-ray Disc on my PS3 and the results where bad at contrast and black colors. when I ran Spears & Munsil on my samsung blu ray play the contrast and black colors where much better.

I will buy new 3d blu ray player and just use my ps3 to play games in 3d.

I'd get a dedicated blu-ray if I had the cash - but the PS3 is fine for the mo. ;)

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to seriously disagree with this statement, to properly watch high def video u need a dedicated high power graphics prosesing unit, and a very good processor, wich the ps3 has quite good ones compared to any other bluray available on the market, standalone blurays only have basic gpus and cpus, the ps3 is designed to render millions of polygons, for the machine a bluray is a walk in the park, maybe u havent adjusted the video settings properly on the ps3

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
1) You cant adjust the TV to get better displays?
2) I highly doubt anybody could tell the difference between a high quality expensive BD player and the PS3 player.

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1) You cant adjust the TV to get better displays?
2) I highly doubt anybody could tell the difference between a high quality expensive BD player and the PS3 player.
The only real difference ive noticed its that the ps3 its much faster at loading the video than the bluray

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Actually Sony has promised to always keep the PS3 up to date as far as the evolution of Blu Ray is concerned. So as the features on Blu Ray Discs expand and evolve so will the PS3 while a stand alone will be set with what it has today.

I would suspect you simply need to adjust the settings to your HDTV.
Also, check this out.

Best Blu-ray players - CNET Reviews

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My PS3 has always done a top notch job of playing BD discs. I personally wouldn't waste my money and buy a standalone player. I've got other things i'd rather waste my money on.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A standard HDMI cable should do the trick, the current maximum resolution of Blu-ray movies is 1080 x 1920 which HDMI is more than capable of handling. HDMI 1.4 is a higher quality cable, but if the maximum resolution of a Blu-ray disc is 1080 x 1920 there shouldn't be any difference between the cables. Check your PS3 and TV settings to make sure it's all properly set up to the maximum resolution.