PS3 Vs XBOX 360 VS Wii

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which do you recommend? I'm looking to get a console next month. Initially I was going to get a 360 since my cousin has one and it looks great and Call of Duty 4 is so cool!

But I've heard a lot of people have errors with red lights and consoles going kaput. So what about the PS3/Wii? I'm pretty ignorant about all these new consoles btw. Also, I like MGS and definitely want to play MGS 4 when its released and also Final Fantasy. They're Sony exclusives as far as I know.

But that aside: which is the best console? Mainly for online play/quality of games as opposed to graphics and hardware.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ps3 for the future. Wii is more for kids. I know one person who has x-box and it "burned out" or something. I have ps3 and call of duty 4 online is UNREAL. You can't go wrong with any of the above, but just think about which one you will REGRET not getting...

naimodo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got a 60GIG PS3 and Im pretty happy with it, there just arent a ton of games out for it yet. Despite that, I'd recommend the PS3

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Put it this way, if you get the ps3 you won't be missing out on anything. You will have a lot of 'what ifs' if you get something else. I think the wii is better for when a buddy has it and you can go by his house and get a game in or two, but I wouldn't want to have it as my main console. ps3 gives you the blu-ray player as well. Also, you will get a lot of people dissing the ps3 and advocating for x-box, but x-box has been out for years now. ps3 is brand new.

You probably also won't need a bunch of games yet, judging by how often you will play COD4. ps3 online play is free as well, no subscription required.

Also, I like MGS and definitely want to play MGS 4 when its released and also Final Fantasy. They're Sony exclusives as far as I know.

I think you already answered your question.

DarkPhantom

Experimental Member
Media
All I know is that Wii is cool for party and kids, only reason I bought one.
Haven't tried PS3 or Xbox 360 enought to have an opinion, but I would probably choose one of those for everyday gaming.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a Wii and a 360. I am platform agnostic, but I have yet to see a PS3 game that truly blows me away.

Games like Call of Duty 4 which I am also in love with.
But games like Bioshock, Orange box, Halo 3 some of them are exclusive or run better on the 360. The Wii also has Mario galaxy, in my opinion the second best game of 2007.

But in the end it's the taste of games that determines what is best for you, none of the consoles delivers everything gaming has to offer in a single package.

Ah, I read the rest of your posts, seems you like some PS only franchizes, seems your option is pretty clear get a PS3 and enjoy!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cool. I'm leaning towards PS3 then. I would have liked to get XBOX so I could play against my cousin on it. But MGS 4 > cousins.

Now I'm off to check PS3 prices. So as far as I know the 60 gig has backward compatibility?

Is that the only thing making it better than the other one? Also the other one has a smaller HD (20 gig?) I already have a PS2. Would I be okay getting the cheaper PS2 then or is the more expensive one really that much better?

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
PS3. And be sure to get the 60 gig or you won't get the backward compatibility.

I used to be a Nintendo-snob. But once I got my PS2, I didn't look back. Though I really really really miss Zelda! Sniff...

The on-line gaming is great too, as now it's fully international. I love knowing I'm whacking some college kid in the UK whilst sitting on my leather couch in Perth!

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The 60 IS backwards compatible. The new 40 gig I see in stores now has backward compatibility removed in order to drop the price to $399.

It all depends on your budget and whether you think $100 extra is worth the HD space and ability to play older games. I say go for the 40gig $399 model since you already own a PS2.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks. That's what I thought :biggrin1:. With my Homeplug I'll be able to play in any room in the house. I recommend the Homeplug to everyone!

Can't wait! But I must wait...til...pay day. :smile:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He had Halo 3 but knocked the box over while the disc was in and it got mauled. I prefer CoD 4 though. Not into Halo 3 although I probably didn't get the hang of it.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
PS3's time has yet to come. There aren't enough worthwhile games to make it worth buying yet. I say wait until MGS4 comes out.

Wii has a library of great games now. You'd have more than enough gaming to hold you over until MGS4, and that's not including games that haven't come out yet.

So I say Wii.

Like others say, Xbox360 is pretty lame.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think they make the 60 gig anymore. It is either 80 or 40. I brought my 60 back in because I felt like it was skipping when I watched dvds (probably just paranoid) and I figured since I had the 1 year warranty why not get a new one free. The store told me they didn't make the 60 anymore so they upgraded me to the 80, for free, and gave me a free 1 year warranty.

Seriously, since I got call of duty 4 I haven't had the need to play another game, and probably won't for some time. The online play is set up beautifully because you earn rankings and weapons and unlockables, unlike halo 3. Its dangerous though, time FLYS when you are wacking cats.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wiiiiiiiiii PS2 is the king, Xbox has a ton of games but wii is fun. I love the creativity that nintendo designers have. Plus I hear they have an unheard of high population female designers as well. I also love that you can play game-cube games. Plus with ninja turtles you actually fight with your hands (WICKED) and with the shooters its obviously point and shoot

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't like the wii at all. too much moving around.

I love the 360.

i don't care for the PS3. MGS4 and Tekken 6 is all that it has (and those aren't even out yet).