PS3 Vs XBOX 360 VS Wii

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i don't like the wii at all. too much moving around.

I love the 360.

i don't care for the PS3. MGS4 and Tekken 6 is all that it has (and those aren't even out yet).

:eek:

You take that back! :tongue:

Not into Tekken although I do like the Soul Blade/Calibur games. Soul Blade on the Playstation was awesome!

Anyways I do want a PS3 NOW, if only for Call of Duty 4. Don't really want a Wii since I won't be playing that many games. I want Call of Duty 4 though for the weekends/evenings hehe.

How much should I expect to pay for a PS3? There were some going for #200 on ebay last night but they're gone now. I shouldn't torment myself when I can't buy one but I can't help looking! Should I expect to pay around #300? Maybe #350 with CoD4?

# = GBP. The keyboard thinks its American.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got a wii for my birthday back in September. I liked it for about 3 months and then realized that all the games I liked were not available on the wii. The best game I played on the wii was Resident Evil 4. All the rest are basically kid games. I wanted something for me. I'm not a fan of Mario and the animation on a lot of the games was more flashy than blow me away.

I turned it in to get an X-Box 360 and haven't regretted it since. The 360 has the kinds of games I like and I'm happy with it. As for backward compatibility, all you have to do is hook the 360 up to the internet and download a patch and you can play some games that way. For all the games that are backwards compatible with it, there are still a lot that are not. I'm still shocked that NONE of the X-Men games are backwards compatible. On the plus side, FABLE 2 is coming out and Star Wars Knights of the Old Repulic 3 is in the works right now.

I've never played a PS3 so I can't comment on it.

The best piece of advice I can give you is this: Find out what kind/genre of games you like best and find the system that has those kind of games.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Get an xbox360 until playstation3 games arrives. The wii is only good if you are fan of nintendo games ( mario zelda metriod etc) . I like nintendo games but I hate the wii hardware . The wii is basically is redesign overclock Game Cube with a new controller. It isn't based in a new technology.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only game you will need for 6 months on the ps3 is CALL OF DUTY 4, you will need nothing else, trust me.

Hungdavid is right too about the hardware and technology.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
I actually just got the 80gb ps3. I first got an elite 360 and as soon as i pulled it out of the box and plugged it in, it had RROD. So I decided to save myself the trouble of wasting my money in the long run. :) Plus the ps3 has WAYYYYY more media capability to boot!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I choose the Wii.
Between all of the titles that are fun to play with others and the Virtual Console which allows players to go back and play the classics, this system wins me over hands down.

I personally think the PS3 is a joke. A machine with all sorts of power, yet very few games worth buying at this moment. They try so hard to focus on what is supposed to be the future, that they seem to lose touch with the present. Not every game has to be some epic, graphical masterpiece in order to sell. The Wii has proven that. Give people something to play, instead of constantly telling people to buy the system and wait for the bulk of the games to come out at a much later date.

360? Don't have a real verdict on this one. XBox Live would be fun, and the whole idea of Rockband is just sick. Could be worth the purchase for this alone.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Not into Tekken although I do like the Soul Blade/Calibur games. Soul Blade on the Playstation was awesome!

I never liked the Soul Calibur games as I felt they ruined the series a little, but yes, Soul Blade was awesome!

As for consoles, I think the general consensus in this thread is pretty accurate - PS3 is the best way for you to go right now.
Of course, I'm tempted to stake my claim for PC gaming...

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My nephew just got a Wii and let's just say that my shoulder is killing me! Damn bowling like'd to pull it out of the socket.

He also got Guitar Hero and I absolutely suck! I've been playing guitar since I was 13, professionally since 17, and I can win a round to save my butt. He whips me every time. Hell, my niece even played me under the table!

I'm not your target audience, 'cause I really don't play a lot of video games. But I've never encountered anything as physical in a video game before as I have the Wii.

If I were to get a game, and it's highly unlikely, I'd be more inclined to get the Wii myself.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The is the most fun of ALL the 3 system hands down. You really can't be too disappointed in it. It's the best system for platformers in the current gen. It has the BEST controls for a shooter...unfortunately not too many people are developing shooters for it.

360 is a bust. Do NOT buy it. All it has is Halo..it came and went...and people are STILL playing Halo 2. The other games, for all they're worth...well...just aren't worth it. You can get most of the same games on PS3 anyway. Except PS3 WILL have Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII, MGS, and a slew of other titles that the 360 just WONT get. But the problem with the 360 and the PS3? Multiplayer action sucks...even some of the online add-ons just aren't worth it.

If you have a bunch of friends over, get drunk, and pop in Wii Sports, you have an INSTANT party on your hands.

So get a Wii and PS3. People who call the Wii "kiddy" simply just stand up to the challenge of most of the games and will throw the word around simply because of the fact that there is no "guns" or blood in the game. Since WHEN does Hardcore gaming mean guns and blood anyway? Most games with guns and blood are so easy to beat, I can play with my penis and beat it faster than you'll ever beat the first stage in Mario Galaxy, anyway.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The is the most fun of ALL the 3 system hands down. You really can't be too disappointed in it. It's the best system for platformers in the current gen. It has the BEST controls for a shooter...unfortunately not too many people are developing shooters for it.

360 is a bust. Do NOT buy it. All it has is Halo..it came and went...and people are STILL playing Halo 2. The other games, for all they're worth...well...just aren't worth it. You can get most of the same games on PS3 anyway. Except PS3 WILL have Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII, MGS, and a slew of other titles that the 360 just WONT get. But the problem with the 360 and the PS3? Multiplayer action sucks...even some of the online add-ons just aren't worth it.

If you have a bunch of friends over, get drunk, and pop in Wii Sports, you have an INSTANT party on your hands.

So get a Wii and PS3. People who call the Wii "kiddy" simply just stand up to the challenge of most of the games and will throw the word around simply because of the fact that there is no "guns" or blood in the game. Since WHEN does Hardcore gaming mean guns and blood anyway? Most games with guns and blood are so easy to beat, I can play with my penis and beat it faster than you'll ever beat the first stage in Mario Galaxy, anyway.

I think that nintendo play the safe rute this time around. They avoid to compete with sony and microsoft techwise because they can't afford to lose another generation and instead what they do is redesign a game cube ( by the way the console look is cool )
They upgrade the game cube cpu and gpu speed and put more ram in it and the controller. Still the system is sold at 250 when the game cube is sold at 99 dolars or less . Is the new controller really that expensive to make ?. From my point of view the system is over priced.

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have a ps3 and have to say its the best thing i bought last year along with my ipod touch.

The XBOX has been out for sometime now ...

PS3 all the way :)

_Alexxx_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
XBOX360 is way better in graphics, games, hardware and online. All new consoles have the 3 red light problem fixed. If you have an old one the technical service usually replaces it with a new one, so no issue with that

PS3 is more expensive, and at least in Europe it's being distributed with no PS2 compatibility and you are paying for a blue ray player that may become useless if it doesn't become the standard

Oh, and with XBOX360 you can manage to play with your security copies, while with PS3 you can't.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I go for the XBOX 360....all the way. Play with my mates PS3 and it has no way near the games library of the 360. Also, I play COD 1 2 3 and 4 on the 360 and the game play graphics are excellent, online is great also. If you like online war games, then you can get no better than battlefield 2 modern combat on the 360, which beats COD4 hands down online.

I would wait until the PS3 has a better game library, and don't be scared off by the 360, I have had no online trouble with it, plus you get the LIVE arcade, which has hundreds of games to download from the marketplace section....UNO, carcassonne, catan, plus classics like asteroids and monopoly is coming soon as well, and these are ALL playable online. Even my mate with the PS3 admits he plays the 360 a whole lot more.