PS3 XBox 360 users question

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
This really applies to the PS3 since I have one of those and not a 360 but I guess it could go for both since it's basically the same thing.

I've never done the online thing for the PS3 and I don't really understand how it works. Do you just connect it to your computer's modem and you're online? Are there extra charges that come with it? Like a monthly fee? Or are you just charged if you buy something? Because I really can't afford another monthly fee on top of my regular internet bill.

The only reason why I ask is because I really want to get Street Fighter HD Remix when it comes out and the only way I can get it is through the online service. I'm not really interested in playing people online. I just want the game for myself. I'd hate to have to sign up for a monthly online subscription for just one game.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
This really applies to the PS3 since I have one of those and not a 360 but I guess it could go for both since it's basically the same thing.

I've never done the online thing for the PS3 and I don't really understand how it works. Do you just connect it to your computer's modem and you're online? Are there extra charges that come with it? Like a monthly fee? Or are you just charged if you buy something? Because I really can't afford another monthly fee on top of my regular internet bill.

The only reason why I ask is because I really want to get Street Fighter HD Remix when it comes out and the only way I can get it is through the online service. I'm not really interested in playing people online. I just want the game for myself. I'd hate to have to sign up for a monthly online subscription for just one game.

If you have the model with the built-in wireless all you have to do is connect to your wireless base station in the network settings and then go to the playstation store and make an account... then everytime you play a game that is online compatable, your stats and online gameplay will show up within the game. If you don't have the wireless, just hook an RJ-45 to it, and let it go. It's really easy:smile:

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
Ok. But how do you pay? Is there an additional charge to what you already pay to be online for your computer?

btw, I have the 60gig PS3. I don't know if that has wireless or not lol