MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
if you have pets and live alone, consider printing cards alerting folks to ya fur babies in the event of an emergency where you might be incapacitated.
clickie

Reactions: lms28

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
HOW TO BUY LOW-COST GLASSES

If you are like me, you are low income. It doesn’t matter why, but you are and sometimes you need things to prevent your quality of life from dipping too much. Like a decent pair of eyeglasses.

Zenni Optical was brought to my attention by one of the residents at the clinic I interned at. The staff is remarkably skilled and it was my privilege to be able to work with them for 300 hours. Anyway, they serve many low-income folks and, instead of them sending them to their optician to look at frames, they recommended taking the up to date prescription and plugging it in at Zenni to get a good pair.

What you need

• Your eyeglasses prescription. Get it however:
Dig it up from your paperwork

Call the last place that did your exam and pick it up

Pay for a new eye exam, decline fitting, and take the paper

• Your pupillary distance
This is likely on your script somewhere. Look for “PD” and the number behind it. Otherwise, try this.

Here’s what you do:

Make an account at Zenni.

Plug in your prescription. I won’t go into the details of why and how scripts are written the way they are and how cool it is. Just plug in the values exactly as you see them. OD (ocular dexter) is the right eye and OS (ocular sinister) is the left. Sphere, cylinder, and axis for each.

It should look like this:

tumblr_inline_o5usm554KW1rwptp8_540.png

Now shop for some glasses and order.

Cheapest pair is about $7. Shipping is a flat $4.95 no matter how many pairs you order. Sales are often so, sometimes, shipping is free.

You can also order prescription sunglasses! Just make to order a regular pair in whatever frame, import the prescription you plugged in, and choose Add Standard Lens Tint.

Reactions: g0nz0

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
UnitedHealth Group is offering free mental health services to anyone in the country who was emotionally affected by the shooting at Pulse in Orlando – even if you don’t have health insurance.

Optum will operate a 24/7 helpline, and users can speak to a trained mental health professional for as long as they need. Individuals can call toll-free at 866-342-6892. The company is also providing access to their benefits site, which contains mental health information like professional tips on how to manage anxiety.

“The helpline can be an easy, accessible way for people to reach out,” William Bonfield, chief medical officer of OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions, told The Huffington Post. “It can provide support, an opportunity to talk and help a person decide if mental health treatment may be helpful.”

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
it's not too late to start a bee garden
these selfless lil pollinators need an oasis in the overly chemically treated lawns of america
to here feedabee to request your free bee garden seed packet

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
two updates for the thread.
one serious. one for seasonal funs.

serious - GoodRX.com is a great place to shop for medications. this last year Medicare completely shifted their tier system on some need-to-live medications. because the bastards can and there is no much people can do about it :mad:
members of my own family are saving about a thousand dollars a month on their medication going through GoodRX. very much recommended and very east to use.

for the funs - FREE COMICS!!! if you can't wait until May for ya freebie comic fix get ya butt down to ya local comic book shop on Oct 29th for spoopy comics and other good times. show up in costume just to be extra awesome. *halloweencomicfest.com *can't direct link because of small humans*

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
a free pair of glasses from Firmoo.com
prescription eyeglasses can be a bitch to a budget
just provide contact information *email* and they will send you out a coupon for a free pair
the styles are varied and attractive
you just need your current script

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
consent is cool, dudes

Understanding consent is as easy as FRIES.
Consent is:

• Freely given. Doing something sexual with someone is a decision that should be made without pressure, force, manipulation, or while drunk or high.
  • Reversible. Anyone can change their mind about what they want to do, at any time. Even if you’ve done it before or are in the middle of having sex.
  • Informed. Be honest. For example, if someone says they’ll use a condom and then they don’t, that’s not consent.
  • Enthusiastic. If someone isn’t excited, or really into it, that’s not consent.
  • Specific. Saying yes to one thing (like going to the bedroom to make out) doesn’t mean they’ve said yes to others (like oral sex).

Reactions: g0nz0 and 950483

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

thanks for posting links, Mr. VIbz
being american i am at a disadvantage with knowledge of the outside world
*throws rocks at government*

I have knowledge out side of this world......................yet, they keep trying to tame me...the Aus link is a good one Ms Lee.