Psychoville & The Shadow Line

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
This is just a heads up for those who can watch BBC2 or, BBC iplayer.

These 2 programmes on Thursday nights 9-10.30 are truly of a different class.

The Shadow Line is a slow burning thriller, with twists, & surprise endings at the end of every episode, starring Christopher Ecclestone, Anthony Sher, Stephen Rea & Rafe Spall.

Psychoville, is the sequel to the first "black as hell" comedy series, brought to you by the guys who did the League of Gentlemen 1-3. The depth of the script (ignoring the grotesques that it's based about) is staggering for a "comedy". It's an entirely new genre - a comedy, grotesque, thriller - beautifully executed. I've never seen such a dark layered plot in a comedy.

The writing & innovation in both is truly impressive & head & shoulders above anything else in drama.

Oh, & both aren't afraid of bumping off their lead characters in surprising, & violent ways!

You may like one, but not the other, but if you've got some time to kill - you should really give it them a chance.

Last edited:

gregruffed

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Some of the best 'dark' comedy I've seen; it's a collection of the down right hilarious, the down right cringeworthy, and the down right scary.

Would definitely recommend.

Tealeaf = Legendary. It's become a new (non racist in intent) nickname for dozens of my mates.

JF

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay