Psywar

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Drifterwood, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Anyone seen this?

Metanoia

You'll need an hour and a half, unless of course you have been convinced to believe that these people are wingnuts with baco foil hats, or whatever you say, then you can just switch it off straight away.

2. houtx48

Gold Member

only watched few minutes of it but in my mind entirely plausible........ Madison Ave ad agency's indoctrinate the population from birth to grave so why would this be so far fetched.

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Oh, these kind souls are far from wingnuts. But to paraphrase the cute little curmudgeon, Noam Chomsky, who has long been marginalized by THE UNIFIED AND ALL POWERFUL as a wingnut and complete nut case instead of one of the USA's greatest intellectual treasures . . . . "We're all screwed!!!!" Anyone who has read Chomsky's seminal work in modern anthropology called "Manufacturing Consent", which is a direct quote from Edward Bernays' philosophical premise for controlling the masses, well . . . those folk know the talking heads in this video speak the truth.

I especially love the admission that the USA had a semi stable middle class only from 1950s to about 2005 and not, as most believe, throughout the majority of the Nation's existence. And that short growth spurt of a middle class was only the result of the early results of being on the winning side of WWII.

I also enjoyed the historical footnotes about keeping the poor believing things were improving when the ultra rich would throw a few hundred thousand dollars at charities which would help feed the starving masses, starting with the Leadville, Colorado strikes. I may have missed it, but there was no mention when the discussion was enlarged to comment on what power the growth of unions had upon the USA about Ford's first blunder in1930s where organizers of the Ford Hunger March were actually murdered in the open by the Detroit Police with the blessing of both Henry Ford, the Mayor of Detroit, and the then Governor of Michigan. The march had been inspired by H. Ford, himself, saying the unemployed of the depression needed to work harded to find work for themselves. Sound familiar? This happened, if I remember correctly, at least once -- if not twice. The film makers missed a historical nugget there. Plus, Ford was the last of the original 'Mericuhn automobile companies to unionize and that happened sometime in the 1950s? And it was the last to go public and sell shares. I wonder how many today believe that the Honda, Toyota, and Nissan Motors fabrication plants throughout the southern USA are manned by members of the United Auto Workers.

The stuff about the Rockefeller Empire sort of danced around the fact that no amount of public relations could ever get any of them elected President, though Nelson was appointed by President Ford to be Vice President until Carter won in 1978. Nelson was always my favorite VP, but only after died of a massive heart attack while on top of his "personal aide" Megan Marshack. LOL! What a guy.

But the general premise of the video is right on. Nope. No need for little green men to come to the Planet Earth, invade and wrest control of the world's populations with mind control. It's so much easier to do it with the research of applied linguistics under the guise of public relations.

This is an especially important thing for folks to watch while the USA is pulled one way and then another during the crises in Egypt -- as long as everyone realizes it doesn't matter what they personally believe, because the world of public relations will make up their minds for them.

Thanks for posting.

#3 midlifebear, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  4. Drifterwood

Gold Member

My pleasure. I have been a Chomsky fan for years. I used to call him to my aid when certain mindsets would accuse me of being anti American.

I find the film illuminating on many levels. An obvious one, is why you will never have free healthcare. Free healthcare is anti the amercian dream. How can you have something that you have not worked to deserve? Healthcare is part of the social class structure, a rung on the ladder of the dream fulfillment.

5. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    My favorite recent read has been Griftopia by Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone fame.

Griftopia by Matt Taibbi - Hardcover - Random House But hooking up electrodes to people watching ads is already a known niche service reported on the morning tv programs. If you get a brain wave spike watching a cyclist outrace a puma, you own a bicycle nine times out of ten. Linguistics is just another facet of your permeability. Your every internet search targets the ads in your screen margins. it's the new reality for our great lemming populations.

Draft saved Draft deleted