Public displays of affection

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you one of those people who tongue kisses your S.O. in public and walks around with your hand in your girlfriend's/boyfriend's back pocket?

I'm not really a fan of PDA. My g/f may initiate that shit with me, and I may go along if there aren't that many people around. I actually made out in public for the first time a few days ago. We were in the park, and only a few joggers were around us. I couldn't really get into it like I wanted to because I knew that at least one person was watching.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Doc I totally agree w/you on this one...I am not a fan of PDA either...A little smack on the lips is okay but full on making out is not cool...I use to have a girlfriend that was a real fan of full on making out in public...It just made me uncomfortable and I really don't like to see others in public doing it either...But at home - we can go at it like animals...

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not a fan of PDA.
As a gay man, i dont feel entirely comfortable doing that in public, depending on where I am.
I'll hold hands under the table at a restaurant or in the darkened movie theater.

But, hugs and kisses are a more private matter for me, i guess.
I would love to be free enough and feel safe enough to walk along hand in hand, though.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Mar 16 2005, 05:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Mar 16 2005, 05:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are you one of those people who tongue kisses your S.O. in public and walks around with your hand in your girlfriend&#39;s/boyfriend&#39;s back pocket?
[post=291386]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

no. I&#39;m quite aware that nobody wants to watch me swapping spit in public. although if I&#39;m drunk enough then I&#39;ll usually respond, should the person I&#39;m with initiate it, even then I still draw the line after about 10 seconds :p

<!--QuoteBegin-txquis
@Mar 16 2005, 06:48 PM
I would love to be free enough and feel safe enough to walk along hand in hand, though.
[post=291407]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
ahh, the joys of being big and mean-looking. if I choose to hold hands with a guy in public, I know nobody&#39;s gonna have the nerve to front me about it :D

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I do the PDA thang with my gf, basically because we only get to be together in public (that will change this Saturday) ;) I don&#39;t have a problem with it and don&#39;t know why anyone else would. Unless they were jealous, either because we&#39;re two hotties ;) or cos they themselves can&#39;t kiss etc in public for whatever reason. We also touch each other as discretely as possible a lot, thats fun in stores and stuff hehe.

For gay guys though I see how it can be a problem. I mean I&#39;m not comfortable with it myself but I don&#39;t give anyone dirty looks or anything, like I get dirty looks with my gf...some people are just really prude and you would think they didnt even have any genitals they&#39;re so unsexual (my new word I just created). Usually older people, I guess its a generational thing.

I like the PDA and so does my gf, lets us know how much we turn each other on all the time hehe.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hugs, or kisses, arms around each other&#39;s waists, and holding hands in public is perfectly fine with me. Tonsil hockey and groping belongs in private (or at least in an out of the way place&#33;)

I have kissed girlfriends while slow dancing, but that was usually at a house party and after we&#39;ve both had something to drink.

As others have mentioned, even the more innocent forms of PDA are more of an issue for same-sex couples. I know how you feel since I once visited Provincetown with a girlfriend, and hetero couples were in the vast minority&#33; :lol: You will see every combination under the sun there&#33;

LapDog :p

Royal_T

Just Browsing
Media
I wouldnt be surprised if there is a cultural component to people&#39;s answers. From my perspective, North Americans tend to be a bit more prudish about such things (at least in public)

hung_big: I have nothing against PDA...to a certain point.

Sure a quick kiss, even a fast french-kiss is good, but like someone said, tonsel hockey I don&#39;t like to do. I find that when it goes that far it becomes sexual, rather than sensual.

Also I love to hold hands, walk arm in arm, hold them by the waste and just stay attached to them in public. I think it&#39;s very loving more than anything.

hungcuriousnc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Txquis hit that one right on the dot&#33; I feel the exact same way... and even in some, rare, certain environmental settings, I wouldn&#39;t mind PDA in public. But you know, it&#39;s not only me, but who I date has a part in this also... Maybe he wouldn&#39;t want to show PDA himself... so then you have a double issue. But I&#39;d love to get to that point too and be completely comfortable with PDA.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HI,

I dont mind moderate degrees of PDA, but when it becomes a contact sport I feel like it has become TMI&#33; For some reason, it reminds me of a dog peeing on a tree, marking one&#39;s turf .In all actuality, most folks dont care to see it.But I did find the idea of kissing during a slow dance rather arousing. Once again there you go Lapdog, you sexy beast&#33;

naughty

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have never been afraid to show public displays of affection. Sure, I&#39;ve gotten looks for walking around with our arms around one another or holding hands or sweet kisses but I couldn&#39;t care less. Not that I&#39;ve had anyone to do that with for quite some time. I&#39;ve never been one of those guys that thinks it is okay for a guy and a girl to do it but it isn&#39;t all right for two guys or two girls. I&#39;m not into the heavy petting stuff in public really. I consider that to be a more private thing.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love your attitude, Jeep,
and I felt that way too when i lived in NYC....dont you think where you are helps you feel that way?
I couldnt exchange a sweet public kiss with my boyfriend in Plano, Tx. :(

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by txquis@Mar 17 2005, 11:51 AM
and I felt that way too when i lived in NYC....dont you think where you are helps you feel that way?
[post=291682]Quoted post[/post]​

Location really does have an affect. Out here in Nebraska, I&#39;m in the most liberal place possible, but I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever noticed anything out there and public between two guys or two girls.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I&#39;m somewhere where the sight of two men holding hands is not viewed as unseemly, I have been known to do so with a date. Flipping him over and doing him doggy in the middle of WalMart? Absolutely not.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion+Mar 17 2005, 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Mar 17 2005, 05:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-txquis@Mar 17 2005, 11:51 AM

Location really does have an affect. Out here in Nebraska, I&#39;m in the most liberal place possible, but I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever noticed anything out there and public between two guys or two girls.
[post=291685]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
I refuse to let location affect me. If I want to kiss my man then I am gonna kiss him. Having been on tour I have been all over this country and I have never let it stop me before. Once again, I think that perhaps by someone seeing me hold hands with my boyfriend and exchanging little kisses that they will perhaps see that it is indeed a loving relationship and not all about sex. Maybe they will see that there is no different from us as a couple then their own relationship. Jeff, honey if you wanna kiss your man in Plano, TX then kiss him.
*humming &#39;I Am What I Am&#39; from La Cage Aux Folles.* :wub:

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Mar 17 2005, 09:54 PM
If I&#39;m somewhere where the sight of two men holding hands is not viewed as unseemly, I have been known to do so with a date. Flipping him over and doing him doggy in the middle of WalMart? Absolutely not.
[post=291728]Quoted post[/post]​
How about Target? :pals:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Mar 17 2005, 01:54 PM
[post=291728]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, luckily, I don&#39;t go to Wal*Mart. ;)

Seriously, my main rule about PDAs is don&#39;t get beyond first base. Holding hands is cool, kissing is cool, but once you start having wardrobe malfunctions, not cool. (Say, what is the gay second base anyway?)

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi+Mar 17 2005, 05:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeepwranglerboi &#064; Mar 17 2005, 05:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Altairion@Mar 17 2005, 05:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-txquis
@Mar 17 2005, 11:51 AM

[post=291685]Quoted post[/post]​
I refuse to let location affect me. If I want to kiss my man then I am gonna kiss him. Having been on tour I have been all over this country and I have never let it stop me before. Once again, I think that perhaps by someone seeing me hold hands with my boyfriend and exchanging little kisses that they will perhaps see that it is indeed a loving relationship and not all about sex. Maybe they will see that there is no different from us as a couple then their own relationship. Jeff, honey if you wanna kiss your man in Plano, TX then kiss him.
*humming &#39;I Am What I Am&#39; from La Cage Aux Folles.* :wub:
[post=291759]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

It&#39;s good to hear that you don&#39;t let others hold you back JWB. To me, it doesn&#39;t even seem close to being fair to allow male-female couples to show affection and then be so close-minded when other couples choose to do their thing. If you ever stop by Nebraska with a friend, let me know. I&#39;d just love to see the reaction of onlookers (my new digital camera is just begging to be used) :D