DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by ebviking@Sep 19 2005, 01:09 PM
Flosom street fair!!
Talk about PDA
For those of you who don't know, it's a leather fetish street fair here in SF.
Public sex is less than discreet.
I actually am not offended by much.
Plus , I'm a voyer. So, go at it if you want to . It won't bother me.
http://www.folsomstreetfair.com/
[post=344654]Quoted post[/post]​
Ah, yes, true enough, EBV! However, it is in context. Seeing a couple of ANY age practically fucking with their clothes on IN THE WRONG CONTEXT is a different story. On the park bench in front of the public library is NOT the place. (Now if you have that "librarian" fetish, a less-traffic area of the stacks may be a different story. Perhaps in the law section...

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by ebviking@Sep 19 2005, 12:09 PM
Flosom street fair!!

Talk about PDA

For those of you who don't know, it's a leather fetish street fair here in SF.
Public sex is less than discreet.

Add Southern Decadence to that category. I had planned to attend this year, and had hoped to meet KinkGuy while there. Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina fucked that up.

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Sep 19 2005, 04:00 AM
Kissing, backrubbing, general tenderness are nice to see. Extended sessions of tongue rammed down the throat is a turn-off for me. I don't think I'm bitter, just a bit more private about private matters. I really don't care to see exposed genitalia of either sex in public!

It really depends on where, too. I expect drunk people in bars to be less observant of decorum than in the grocery store.
[post=344557]Quoted post[/post]​
I am SO right there with ya!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by orionsword57@Sep 19 2005, 05:12 PM
....I think that is what irritates me about gropers in public over a certain age....
Naughty
[post=344621]Quoted post[/post]​

Being definitely "over a certain age", I guess my first reaction was to say "why not me" when talking about affection in public, but then I realized how my idea of public affection is probably more staid than most. As I think of it, public groping doesn't fall into my idea of public affection at all, so I am perhaps not as liberal about this subject as I thought. I pause to kiss my lady friend while on the street, hold her hand and pat her tush occasionally, but that's about as far as I go.

Nan Bobbsey was a real hot number, though....
[post=344656]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL!

Oh, was she now? Do tell... leave out not one gorey detail! LOL!

Naughty

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
DMW, next year!!!! We may even hit Mardi Gras in Feb if NOLA is able. If for no other reason than to leave some money behind. Haven't "done" Mardi Gras, bwtf.

Viking, you wanna' know which event out-pda's Decadence or Folsom? Dore Alley Street Fair. More of a local SF event and only hosts 5-6,000 hardcore, mostly men, in leather, if they're wearing much of anything at all. What a party!!!

Mr_Clark

Just Browsing
Media
I don't mind other peoples' PDA, gay or straight. I'm just not comfortable with it myself. It makes me feel kind of childish, like I'm saying, "see, I can get some too, nyah"

orionsword57:
Originally posted by naughty@Sep 19 2005, 01:35 PM
... leave out not one gorey detail! LOL!

Naughty
[post=344736]Quoted post[/post]​

The point is... I'm old enough to have known her, but she asked me NEVER to tell.

Geekyraccoon

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora+Sep 18 2005, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Sep 18 2005, 09:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KinkGuy@Sep 19 2005, 12:24 AM
This post is OT, but tough shit.

For me?

The ultimate PDA fantasy is being able to walk down the street simply holding hands with my lover.

I fear however, I won&#39;t live long enough to experience what is perfectly normal and average for the "chosen."
[post=344448]Quoted post[/post]​

Move to Dayton Ohio.

While I am no fan of pda, I did find it cute (to the point of nearly bringing a tear to my eye) to see such sights when I first moved there last year. It wasn&#39;t a voyeuristic desire, but the fact they THEY felt comfortable enough to do it.
[post=344463]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I feel the same way Madame Z. I&#39;ve been able to with guys I&#39;ve dated in most of southern Maine, Portland especially. But I do get a certain glee when I see two men or two women holding hands. I always try to give them a friendly smile.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don&#39;t think that exhibitions at street fairs, such as Dore, Folsom, Decadence, pride festivals, etc., really qualify as outlandish public displays of affection. The reason is that these events are not truly public, but rather are events where like-minded people gather specifically for the purpose of demonstrating their sexuality, liberation, and self-pride. Although they take place on public streets, these events are really more in the vein of vast private parties. Although anyone may attend, the great majority of the crowd is composed of people that would approve of, or at least not be offended by, even quite blatant displays. Such displays as I have made at the aforementioned events were hardly intended to be affectionate. Rather, they were intended to be exhibitionist, for entertainment of the crowd, and generally involved partners for which I had no particular feelings.

I believe true public displays of affection occur in mixed everyday situations, like main street on a non-festival day, or in various other public spaces where there is no sexual themed event in progress. Probably the most blatant such display I&#39;ve made was on a BART train, packed full of morning commuters. After some fooling around in the corner of the train station, I rode all the way from Market St. to downtown Berkeley with a guy sitting on my lap and vigorously sucking face the whole way, with just a bit of mild groping, too. I actually liked him, and my intent was not to be an exhibitionist, but to deal with my affectionate feelings. I bumped into him twice more later that year, at the Dore and Folsom fairs. We did make a public exhibit at Dore, which I guess attracted attention, as I&#39;ve seen a picture of me holding him with one arm, with a big wad of his cum in my other hand. However, I consider what we did on the train to be much more of a PDA than what we did at Dore. (To finish the story, I fucked him at Folsom, but in my hotel room, not the street.)

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by ericbear@Sep 20 2005, 11:09 PM
I don&#39;t think that exhibitions at street fairs, such as Dore, Folsom, Decadence, pride festivals, etc., really qualify as outlandish public displays of affection. The reason is that these events are not truly public, but rather are events where like-minded people gather specifically for the purpose of demonstrating their sexuality, liberation, and self-pride. Although they take place on public streets, these events are really more in the vein of vast private parties. Although anyone may attend, the great majority of the crowd is composed of people that would approve of, or at least not be offended by, even quite blatant displays. Such displays as I have made at the aforementioned events were hardly intended to be affectionate. Rather, they were intended to be exhibitionist, for entertainment of the crowd, and generally involved partners for which I had no particular feelings.

I believe true public displays of affection occur in mixed everyday situations, like main street on a non-festival day, or in various other public spaces where there is no sexual themed event in progress. Probably the most blatant such display I&#39;ve made was on a BART train, packed full of morning commuters. After some fooling around in the corner of the train station, I rode all the way from Market St. to downtown Berkeley with a guy sitting on my lap and vigorously sucking face the whole way, with just a bit of mild groping, too. I actually liked him, and my intent was not to be an exhibitionist, but to deal with my affectionate feelings. I bumped into him twice more later that year, at the Dore and Folsom fairs. We did make a public exhibit at Dore, which I guess attracted attention, as I&#39;ve seen a picture of me holding him with one arm, with a big wad of his cum in my other hand. However, I consider what we did on the train to be much more of a PDA than what we did at Dore. (To finish the story, I fucked him at Folsom, but in my hotel room, not the street.)
[post=345206]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;m sorry, walking around in public with a handful of cum is just gross.

I&#39;m open mided about things, but fairs like these are the reason why a lot of people think that all gay people are total pervs. Obviously there was some sort of public sex or else there would be no reason that you would have had cum in your hand. Pick up anyone you want, but take it back to a hotel or your house.

Sorry to sound like a prude.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think there&#39;s a clear line between acceptance public displays and displays that cause people to shout, "Go, get a room&#33;" Holding hands, hugging, and kissing are okay. People can see the warmth and romance from such tender gestures. Dropping down to your knees and shoving a dick or two in your mouth at Folsom doesn&#39;t strike me the same way.

I&#39;ll be honest. I don&#39;t feel so proud of my sexuality that I have to make a loud show of proclamation for it. I respect anyone&#39;s right to date and have relations with whomever they wish, and I also applaud the homosexual population for being brave to overcome adversity on a daily basis. But if you need to suck him off, whether it&#39;s at Folsom or Flatbush, make that your personal experience. Aside from the "rush" exhibitionism gives its performer, I really feel like public sex just cheapens what could be a pretty binding experience -- especiallyl if the guy or gal is just a trick.

Never mind fat guys in tight leather... :puke:

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@Sep 21 2005, 02:18 PM
But if you need to suck him off, whether it&#39;s at Folsom or Flatbush, make that your personal experience.

There most definitely is truth in this.

Ryandaoc

Just Browsing
Media
I&#39;ve never minded PDA. Kissing, holding hands, sitting up close, etc. I just don&#39;t do it very often. I like having my hands free when I walk, heck I don&#39;t even like gloves on my hands. I feel more able to respond to something (falling, grabbing something, etc.) by having my hands free.

Kiss away all you public lovers&#33;

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Alley Blue+Sep 21 2005, 08:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alley Blue &#064; Sep 21 2005, 08:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DeeBlackthorne@Sep 21 2005, 02:18 PM
But if you need to suck him off, whether it&#39;s at Folsom or Flatbush, make that your personal experience. 

[post=345343]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

If PDA&#39;s such as described, at events such as those named bother you, you shouldn&#39;t have gone so far out of your way to visit said venue. If you don&#39;t want to see the show, don&#39;t buy a ticket.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@Sep 21 2005, 08:18 AM
I think there&#39;s a clear line between acceptance public displays and displays that cause people to shout, "Go, get a room&#33;" Holding hands, hugging, and kissing are okay. People can see the warmth and romance from such tender gestures. Dropping down to your knees and shoving a dick or two in your mouth at Folsom doesn&#39;t strike me the same way.

I&#39;ll be honest. I don&#39;t feel so proud of my sexuality that I have to make a loud show of proclamation for it. I respect anyone&#39;s right to date and have relations with whomever they wish, and I also applaud the homosexual population for being brave to overcome adversity on a daily basis. But if you need to suck him off, whether it&#39;s at Folsom or Flatbush, make that your personal experience. Aside from the "rush" exhibitionism gives its performer, I really feel like public sex just cheapens what could be a pretty binding experience -- especiallyl if the guy or gal is just a trick.

Never mind fat guys in tight leather... :puke:
[post=345337]Quoted post[/post]​

Then don&#39;t fuckin&#39; go to an event where you will be "offended." :puke:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Don&#39;t worry, Kink. I won&#39;t attend. I wouldn&#39;t dare. A place like that isn&#39;t for me.

This isn&#39;t just a relativistic argument, man. I think we both agree that people should do whatever the hell makes &#39;em happy, so long as it&#39;s consensual and safe and no one walks away feel hurt, used, or what have you. At the same time, there are more issues worth consideration. Safety seems a good place to start. While people are busy publicly getting it on, are condoms and contraceptives being used? Are people practicing safe sex? Would drugs or alcohol compromise one&#39;s ability to make smart, safe decisions about sexual activity?

The other concern has to do with the consistency of this argument. Folsom might be one exception to the public sex standard. It&#39;s "expected" behavior, right? Did I read something about a subway earlier, or a bus... something like that? Just went at it right there in plain view? Please do correct me for saying this, but was this some sort of "special" bus in which such behavior is permitted and encouraged? Or, were there a fair share of people looking on in shock and awe?

Two points. One -- which might be moot -- you and your partner of the moment were willing to engage in your exhibitionism at a place that may not have "pre-defined" as an okay place to do that sort of stuff. Folsom is one thing. Public transit is another.

Two -- entertain this, would you? -- are you comfortable enough with your own sexuality to allow yourself to be entertained by another couple doing this? Gay or straight, would it be a big deal to see two people going at it?

Imagine me and my girlfriend -- a hot, li&#39;l saucy number dressed in a pair of shorts and a tight top encompassing her supple breasts. What if I couldn&#39;t help myself on the subway line and let my fingertips dance gently around her areola? What if I leaned in and gently kissed the back of her neck? When she cooed, what if I slipped my fingertips down into her wonderfully silky thong and crept along her delicate flesh, feeling the warmth of her clitoris buzzing into my pulse?

So... before I proceed to drive my hardon through my keyboard...

I don&#39;t care if you&#39;re gay or straight, and I don&#39;t care if you attend events in which sexuality without abandon is perfectly acceptable. That&#39;s your choice. But if you&#39;re out in public in a place in which people aren&#39;t nearly as interested in seeing you get down, then maybe you should quit being so selfish about your sexual gifts and not put yourself into a position of potential embarrassment... or legal trouble. And maybe think a little harder on what PDA means to you, especially in situations in which a partner might not want to be more than a cheap thrill.

S&#39;all I&#39;m saying. Don&#39;t get your chaps in a knot.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Geekyraccoon@Sep 20 2005, 06:53 PM
But I do get a certain glee when I see two men or two women holding hands. I always try to give them a friendly smile.
[post=345113]Quoted post[/post]​
That&#39;s exactly the feeling I get, Geekyraccoon&#33; It makes me feel all warm and optimistic. I always try to smile and even wink if I can. I think I&#39;d even like to stop and hug them if I wouldn&#39;t get arrested or anything. ;)

As for where my line lies with PDA, I think holding hands, kissing, hugging, etc. are just beautiful. Extended tongue involvement or under-the-clothes play is inappropriate in my book (children around, people).

Most explicit I&#39;ve seen? Not totally sure, but the one that leaps to mind is a blow job. Bourbon Street, St. Patrick&#39;s Day 2002. Vivid image: he was leaning back against a wall outside a pub and she was sort of bent over, stumbling awkwardly. Neither of them took the time to set down the beer cups.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Sep 22 2005, 05:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Sep 22 2005, 05:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Alley Blue@Sep 21 2005, 08:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DeeBlackthorne
@Sep 21 2005, 02:18 PM

[post=345343]Quoted post[/post]​

If PDA&#39;s such as described, at events such as those named bother you, you shouldn&#39;t have gone so far out of your way to visit said venue. If you don&#39;t want to see the show, don&#39;t buy a ticket.
[post=345543]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I was speaking more about the statement I highlighted in bold. There is truth to the statement of making something "your own personal experience".
As far as Folsom and these other shindigs go, I assume the person paying money to be there, must have a desire to see that kind of display of public affection.
But for a lot of people, seeing something extreme like that on a public side walk may be seen as being a lil&#39; bit distasteful. But should any of this hinder anyone from doing everything they love to do ( with in reason) no&#33;

Aruba 1st

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Naughty@Sep 19 2005, 07:33 AM
I think that is what irritates me about gropers in public over a certain age.
I think it is like a dog marking its territory. or making a statement. I think it cheapens the reasons behind affectionate gestures in the first place.
I personally aspire to have people think I am like one of the bobsey twins in public and buck wild at home &#33;
[post=344621]Quoted post[/post]​

Commendable objective(s).

Speaking of "gropers in public" - especially women in a crowd or those you have just enjoined in conversation somewhere - this is definately a "No-No" (that may belong in a different Thread).

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there is a difference between PDA and sex. One is about caring and affection and the other, about gettin&#39; off. I have been guilty of both.