Public nudity.....

Thank you for finding and posting real world bodies that go in the opposite direction: too thin. I looked like this until my thyroid went south.

For those who wish they had this kind of body, get used to:
People assuming you're weak and try to take advantage of you.
Complete strangers coming right up to you and ask you what your illness is.
Telling you to eat something.
Telling you to work out.
Not being able to take your shirt off outside of a nudist environment because complete strangers tell you to your face your body is disgusting and you should put a shirt on.
NEVER bulking up no matter how much weight you can lift. press, etc.
Stares and expressions of shock and disgust when you take your shirt off, even if nobody says anything as mentioned above.

One more thing: The ONLY people who will ever believe any of the above happens are other guys who have a similar, ectomorphic build. Everyone else thinks you imagine it all.

Ok, rant over. Thank you for listening :)
While browsing through the LPSG threads I nearly always take time to read your comments. Most often, they are articulate and show a depth of understanding about the topic at hand. That said, your sense of negative body image and personal value often leave me distracted.

Your comment here points to a graphic posted by CarddifDillon. I guess you are making some reference to the slender nature of the guys pictured. Here are a couple of observations.

First, if you hadn’t pointed out that the guys were a bit on the lean side, I wouldn’t have noticed. They looked happy, health, and appeared to be enjoying each other’s nude company. (Personally I am more attracted to circumcised dick, so that was the negative thing I saw in the picture.)

Just following your post, fckabull has posted the pic of a well-built but not exceptionally great looking guy. But that is where it ends. Who knows if the guy in the pic is a great guy or has an asshole personality? If he is an ass hole then dick, balls, body, or blow job skill set is not going do him a lot of good.

However, here is the thing that caught my attention. Inside fckabull’s profile, he has posted around 34 pages of male models. His intent (I guess) is to show guys with the kind of looks that turn him on. Interesting thing is that many of them don’t look a lot different that the guys you have reference as poster children needing some kind of help. Guess I am a bit confused.

It is my first thought that you have been paying too much attention to the wrong people (and you may be one of those wrong people). I think I can speak for a large number of guys on and off of LPSG who might spend two minutes getting accustomed to how you look or act with or without clothes, but from that point on it will all go to personality and bonding between you and them. So much of physical appearance is like the wrapping on any holiday gift. Once you get past it, (and it wont take long) it is what's inside of the box that counts.

I keep getting the idea that you are cheating yourself by letting first impressions take on more importance than they deserve. What you think is a downside may actually offer a unique strategy for finding what you are looking for. Use it.

fckabull

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
While browsing through the LPSG threads I nearly always take time to read your comments. Most often, they are articulate and show a depth of understanding about the topic at hand. That said, your sense of negative body image and personal value often leave me distracted.

Your comment here points to a graphic posted by CarddifDillon. I guess you are making some reference to the slender nature of the guys pictured. Here are a couple of observations.

First, if you hadn’t pointed out that the guys were a bit on the lean side, I wouldn’t have noticed. They looked happy, health, and appeared to be enjoying each other’s nude company. (Personally I am more attracted to circumcised dick, so that was the negative thing I saw in the picture.)

Just following your post, fckabull has posted the pic of a well-built but not exceptionally great looking guy. But that is where it ends. Who knows if the guy in the pic is a great guy or has an asshole personality? If he is an ass hole then dick, balls, body, or blow job skill set is not going do him a lot of good.

However, here is the thing that caught my attention. Inside fckabull’s profile, he has posted around 34 pages of male models. His intent (I guess) is to show guys with the kind of looks that turn him on. Interesting thing is that many of them don’t look a lot different that the guys you have reference as poster children needing some kind of help. Guess I am a bit confused.

It is my first thought that you have been paying too much attention to the wrong people (and you may be one of those wrong people). I think I can speak for a large number of guys on and off of LPSG who might spend two minutes getting accustomed to how you look or act with or without clothes, but from that point on it will all go to personality and bonding between you and them. So much of physical appearance is like the wrapping on any holiday gift. Once you get past it, (and it wont take long) it is what's inside of the box that counts.

I keep getting the idea that you are cheating yourself by letting first impressions take on more importance than they deserve. What you think is a downside may actually offer a unique strategy for finding what you are looking for. Use it.

Hi! First time I’ve joined a discussion, since joining a year ago. I used to post on Tumblr, tried Twitter, and ended-up here. I recently began posting all the pics on my phone that I’ve kept for years. Some guys I’ve met, but most are fantasies. I like a nice face, and love seeing them naked, which is why I mostly have models who have done nudity. I recently learned, that I should have not created albums for them, put posted them in current or original threads, I need to find that time to fix this.

Unfortunately, I find that after all these years of staring at Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and now LPSG, that I feel I’m suffering from my own Body Dysmorphia Disorder. I see guys posing, or walking around naked, and wish I had the guts to do that. But once I turn it off, I can manage to return to normal, and go get laid.

I’m still learning my way around here, but I try not to think about what others think. I just like sharing all the photos I’ve collected, and hope others do, too. I usually keep my opinions to myself, unless someone asks. And then enjoy the life I was blessed with, when not online.

Anton565

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thank you for taking the time to read my post and thank you again for taking the time to respond. Having re-read my post, I see that I just threw my main points out there without any sort of context or stating my perspective.

The behaviours I stated are/were staples of how the straight, textile, mainstream public responds to my body. Some time in my 20's I realized that this was unlikely to change and that I had no more power to affect the world's response to my body than I did to change the colour of the sky. Most guys with my build I've talked to had similar experiences and (like me) learned to blow it off.

My point was the occurrence of these behaviours. I should've stated that I never placed any value on them and neither did most guys I've discussed this with. It honestly never occurred to me that the guys in the pic would do anything other than roll their eyes and laugh at random strangers doing the things I mentioned. For example, even as a young kid I knew that I did not look the least sickly so when people wanted to know what my disease was I was well aware that this question did not come from anything they actually saw when looking at me, but from their imaginations.

So no, you're not confused. I simply failed to frame my points properly.

Decades later I was dx'd with Pectus Excavatum, mild Scoliosis, vertebrae out of alignment (unrelated to the Scoliosis), Kyphosis, right shoulder rotated forward, and rib flare that is unusually severe even given all of the above. My current docs are unanimous that all of this was self-evident by mid-teens and that it could have and should have been corrected back then. Yet my parents (and others) always insisted that I imagined all of the above.

Yes, it's vindicating to know that I was right all along and that I never imagined any of it. And it was comforting to know that my body's failure to meet mainstream standards of acceptability is medical fact and not my perception. But that knowledge doesn't help me now that I face a management regiment that totals over 20 hours per week.

But back to your points. I agree completely that appearance is like gift wrapping. I've found that none of the guys in any of the nudist groups I belong to are concerned with my appearance. In the gay male section of a nude beach I get zero stares/negative responses. Go to my building's pool, I get stares. I don't give a shit, but the fact remains I DO get them. Back to the nude beach, back to zero stares. Go figure. Guess which environment I'm more concerned with :)

It also helps that I'm older now. My skeletal issues certainly don't stop me from getting laid (although they definitely did when I was younger). I've gotten over most my self-consciousness. I not only belong to a naked drawing group, I've posed. I've even posed nude as an exercise model for a group that wanted 'real world' bodies for their e-brochure. More importantly, my boyfriend doesn't give a shit.

Damn, I've rambled. I hope I've clarified a bit. And thanks again for taking the time to write.

CardiffDillon

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
public360.jpg