Public Showers

mekkler

Just Browsing
Media
It's happened to me a few times, and I've seen it lots of times, and I'm not talking minor expansions either.

B_Dust

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It happened in high school. Everyone knew how large I was and we were taking showers after gym. We were talking about how hot some girls were and I became fully aroused. Everyone understood and probably wanted to see me at full glory anyway. It was probably more embarassing for the smaller dudes.

bareamigo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yeah I've gotten a semi lots of times not from any visual stimuli, but from thinkin about showin off my long dong--guess i'm kind of an exhibitionist. I don't think it's a str8/gay thing--I've known lots of str8 guys who get semis in the gym or shower. I know one guy who I've seen his full boner more than once--actually a lot more than once--not that he parades around with it--he just doesn't give a shit about showin it I guess.

You asked about "Unwanted" boners, but i'll mention that in high school i used to get full boners all the time to show off my big willie to the guys in the showers after gym--that was different though--those were not unintentional.

Gabe

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A boner in front of other men..............
RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sarcasm:
In case anyone missed it. hehe

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I started working out at the rec on campus last week and haven't gotten a full out hardon yet, but its taken a lot of concentration to even keep the semis down if possible. (btw, this has been my first experience with open showers)

I'm just one of those guys that doesn't do well naked since I just feel exposed and it gets to me mentally so I don't have my regular amount of control.

Kenn

Sexy Member
Media
Don't really get hard in public showers unless I want to. Hang pretty big soft here though, so generally get noticed. I'm cool with the stares and comments though. Bit of a showoff here I suppose.

Kenn

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What about getting naked in open showers makes a straight guy pop a boner? If I see a guy in the shower at the gym sport wood, I assume he's gay and looking for fun. Interesting that some of guys with hard-on might be straight....

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Hung Muscle@Aug 31 2005, 09:16 AM
What about getting naked in open showers makes a straight guy pop a boner? If I see a guy in the shower at the gym sport wood, I assume he's gay and looking for fun. Interesting that some of guys with hard-on might be straight....
[post=339511]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not about being attracted to what's around us that could cause it. For me personally, I've never been good at controlling myself when I'm naked around others...or even by myself sometimes. I just can't do it. While you might not understand the concept since you don't have to deal with it on a daily basis, the problem does exist for some people out there and its really annoying. I personally don't like having things assumed about me (sorry guys, I am open, but I don't like being labeled as something I'm not), so even though I try to shrug the problem off it still really bothers me even though I've never been fully hard in the locker room as of yet.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Hung Muscle@Aug 31 2005, 06:16 AM
What about getting naked in open showers makes a straight guy pop a boner?
Spontaneous erections are normal.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion+Aug 31 2005, 02:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Aug 31 2005, 02:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hung Muscle@Aug 31 2005, 09:16 AM
What about getting naked in open showers makes a straight guy pop a boner?  If I see a guy in the shower at the gym sport wood, I assume he&#39;s gay and looking for fun.  Interesting that some of guys with hard-on might be straight....

(sorry guys, I am open, but I don&#39;t like being labeled as something I&#39;m not), so even though I try to shrug the problem off it still really bothers
[post=339616]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I know what you mean. It just bugs the shit out of me when all these people just "assume" I&#39;m a complete het. Geez. :hi:

dfox7.3x5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I still remember my first, full "public" hard-on. Eighth grade (same year I lost my virginity, to a guy), gang showers in PE with seventh, eighth and ninth-graders.

In that age group there were some guys who were still "boys," some like me who were fairly well developed, and others who had huge adult dicks. This turned me on, of course, and I was fully hard (maybe only 6 inches then) when I went to towel myself dry.

A really nice guy from my homeroom, who had a small dick, noticed. So when we got back to homeroom he loudly kidded me about my boner. ("Who were you THINKING about?&#33;?") I couldn&#39;t tell him that I was stimulated by the beautiful men in the shower. But this incident DID give me a reputation of sorts&#33;

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Aug 31 2005, 07:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Aug 31 2005, 07:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Altairion@Aug 31 2005, 02:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Hung Muscle
@Aug 31 2005, 09:16 AM
What about getting naked in open showers makes a straight guy pop a boner? If I see a guy in the shower at the gym sport wood, I assume he&#39;s gay and looking for fun. Interesting that some of guys with hard-on might be straight....

(sorry guys, I am open, but I don&#39;t like being labeled as something I&#39;m not), so even though I try to shrug the problem off it still really bothers

I know what you mean. It just bugs the shit out of me when all these people just "assume" I&#39;m a complete het. Geez. :hi:
[post=339694]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

hehe, I figured some of you guys might have some personal experience with that ;)

muscledog

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Altairion@Aug 31 2005, 08:11 PM
It&#39;s not about being attracted to what&#39;s around us that could cause it. For me personally, I&#39;ve never been good at controlling myself when I&#39;m naked around others...or even by myself sometimes. I just can&#39;t do it...

I used to be the same way, dude. I&#39;ve become more at ease with myself now, and i think it has to do with just being naked all the time&#33; I started sleeping nude, walking around the house nude, changing in front of friends, etc. and now I have a lot more control. I still get a semi if I&#39;m naked for more than a couple of minutes in front of someone I know, but I&#39;m slowly getting more comfortable with it.
Practice makes perfect&#33;

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by muscledog+Aug 31 2005, 11:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muscledog &#064; Aug 31 2005, 11:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Altairion@Aug 31 2005, 08:11 PM
It&#39;s not about being attracted to what&#39;s around us that could cause it. For me personally, I&#39;ve never been good at controlling myself when I&#39;m naked around others...or even by myself sometimes. I just can&#39;t do it...
I used to be the same way, dude. I&#39;ve become more at ease with myself now, and i think it has to do with just being naked all the time&#33; I started sleeping nude, walking around the house nude, changing in front of friends, etc. and now I have a lot more control. I still get a semi if I&#39;m naked for more than a couple of minutes in front of someone I know, but I&#39;m slowly getting more comfortable with it.
Practice makes perfect&#33;
[post=339746]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
That sounds like a good idea muscledog. I&#39;ve never had the problem of spontaneous erections in the locker-room or showers. (I can&#39;t say I could stop it if I were in the woman&#39;s locker-room, especially the showers&#33; :woohoo: )
Brian, you might want to try being naked more in the privacy of your own home, if possible. If you are still living at home or in a dorm, that might be hard to do, but it may be a way to dissasociate nudity and arousal, except when you want the two combined&#33; ;) Try sleeping nude, it is actually quite nice, even if you are alone. ;)

I know that a past girlfriend of mine told me she was much more comfortable with being naked around me (other than in sexual situations) because I was so comfortable with changing clothes, showering, and just being nude in front of her.
We already knew very well what every inch of each others bodies looked like, so what was the big deal about seeing each other nude outside of making love? Of course, it didn&#39;t take much for my state to change when in the presence of a beautiful naked woman&#33; LOL&#33; (See the thread about going soft to hard without touching it&#33;)

Good luck Brian&#33;

LapDog:p

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Heh I&#39;m working on it guys, trust me. I sleep naked from time to time, but some nights I don&#39;t sleep well cause I end up with a near permanent hardon that won&#39;t go away. Besides that, I am naked in my own bedroom (but not around the apartment) from time to time, but unless if I&#39;m focusing on something else...I end up with a common result. Oh well, I&#39;ll let you guys know in the future if I can loosen myself up at all, and thanks for the advice :happy:

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I&#39;m as queer as a 3 dollar bill (in a masculine way of course...haha), but have never popped in a school shower or health club. Could be the era I grew up in and having started as a youngin. It just never seemed like a big deal. Hell, my first locker room experience was 4th grade when we were all taken to the YMCA to learn swimming. Thats alot of years seeing alot of bodies. So unless some guy is standing naked in my bedroom or its another obvious sexual situation, I&#39;ve never had a control problem.

Masturbation frequency may play a part too.

Spontaneous ones do happen. Luckily, all mine were/are while clothed. Think of having sex with Shelley Winters or something if it happens, and it will go away lickety split. ;)

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan@Sep 1 2005, 10:28 PM
I&#39;m as queer as a 3 dollar bill (in a masculine way of course...haha), but have never popped in a school shower or health club. Could be the era I grew up in and having started as a youngin. It just never seemed like a big deal. Hell, my first locker room experience was 4th grade when we were all taken to the YMCA to learn swimming. Thats alot of years seeing alot of bodies. So unless some guy is standing naked in my bedroom or its another obvious sexual situation, I&#39;ve never had a control problem.

Masturbation frequency may play a part too.

Spontaneous ones do happen. Luckily, all mine were/are while clothed. Think of having sex with Shelley Winters or something if it happens, and it will go away lickety split. ;)
[post=340000]Quoted post[/post]​

Reminds me of an old joke "How do you make love to Shelly Winters?...Roll her in flour and look for a wet spot&#33;"

barron

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Altairion+Aug 31 2005, 08:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Aug 31 2005, 08:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hung Muscle@Aug 31 2005, 09:16 AM
What about getting naked in open showers makes a straight guy pop a boner?  If I see a guy in the shower at the gym sport wood, I assume he&#39;s gay and looking for fun.  Interesting that some of guys with hard-on might be straight....

It&#39;s not about being attracted to what&#39;s around us that could cause it. For me personally, I&#39;ve never been good at controlling myself when I&#39;m naked around others...or even by myself sometimes. I just can&#39;t do it. While you might not understand the concept since you don&#39;t have to deal with it on a daily basis, the problem does exist for some people out there and its really annoying. I personally don&#39;t like having things assumed about me (sorry guys, I am open, but I don&#39;t like being labeled as something I&#39;m not), so even though I try to shrug the problem off it still really bothers me even though I&#39;ve never been fully hard in the locker room as of yet.
[/b][/quote]

Altairion isn&#39;t alone and not only do I agree totally with what he says, I am in the same boat. There are tons of posts where guys talk about being naked around people with no problems, being naked and being clothed are equally comfortable for them. For some reason some of us don&#39;t have that capability. Regardless of the situation there is nothing I can do about getting hard if I have to get undressed or am nude around people. The one difference for me is getting used to a situation. When I first started going to the gym you would have thought I was Clark Kent changing into Superman as fast as I got dressed and undressed. Now I am used to it and no problems. But take for example my annual physical. I had my first one this year and felt sure I&#39;d have no problems in a doctor&#39;s office. This was a totally clinical situation, nonetheless I chubbed up right before the "turn your head and cough" portion of the exam. I think part of the problem for guys in mine and Alt&#39;s situation is that we anticipate it happening, try not to think about it happening, and then by trying so hard not to think of it actually end up causing it. I can&#39;t say that there haven&#39;t bee a couple of times where I was less concerned than others, but it is a damn inconvenient problem to have.

muscledog

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Altairion@Sep 1 2005, 11:37 PM
I am naked in my own bedroom (but not around the apartment)...
[post=339953]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you share an apartment or do you live alone? If you have a roommate, you might try just walking out of your room for a minute or so nude while he&#39;s there, maybe to get something you "left" in the public part of the apartment.
I think being naked around others should be a nonchalant thing, just let it happen and don&#39;t make a big deal. It makes things a lot easier later when you find youself in a shower or in the doc&#39;s office.

sportmale

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Altairion+Sep 1 2005, 01:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Sep 1 2005, 01:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Aug 31 2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Altairion@Aug 31 2005, 02:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Hung Muscle
@Aug 31 2005, 09:16 AM

[post=339694]Quoted post[/post]​

hehe, I figured some of you guys might have some personal experience with that ;)
[post=339704]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I do not have "unwanted" erections ... if I got hard is or spontaneus or motivated by something or someone, when the guy notice or if he is having a hardon my first though is never that he&#39;s gay, you can see that in his eyes ... often not nice :shrug: BTW many men in Europe get hard while naked in the locker room and there&#39;s not really a problem if there&#39;s not suspected attitude or kind of harrassement.
I am sure that men likes other men in spite of being gay or str8, that&#39;s another story and even if not really "commun", nobody should feel bad about having an erection in public places. Perharps I would not appreciate in front of kids or ladies, between men there&#39;s something like "camaraderie" and since our exitation is fully exposed why to be shy ? :toast: .