Public Urinals.

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by hemingway12, Jun 8, 2008.

1. hemingway12

hemingway12 New Member

I went to a movie tonight and afterwards I was busting to take a piss (large coke which I drank too fast, but I didn't want to miss the movie)
    so as soon s the movie finished I rushed to the toilet. There was 4 cubicles and one large L shaped urinal that was probably 3 meters in length on each side. There was enough room for 4 guys to comfortably take a piss next to each other on each side. There was already 3 guys on each side of the L shape so I took the last corner and began relieving myself. At the time there was enough space for at least 3 more guys at the urinal. Then two guys came into the bathroom and just stood there. All the cubicles were taken so I assumed they needed to do more than piss, then I shook my dick and walked over to wash my hands. ​

Just as I turned the tap on I glaced in the mirror and one of the guys had taken my place at the urinal. there was clearly already room enough for both of them so why wait? I mean was it really such big deal to stand next to someone to take a piss? Everyone in the room had a penis, and It's something we do everyday so why was it so hard to stand next to someone and piss? ​

The question I'm asking is, is anyone really that self conscious when using public toilets? ​

2. Scott14

Scott14 New Member

Albums:
    Yes. Our society in some ways has gotten so homophobic that to make absolutely certain I'm not giving the impression that I'm interested in your cock, I'll do everything I can to make sure I don't even put myself in a position where I might see it and you might get the impression I'm interested in, let's say, having gay sex with you...

I'll see guys staring at blank walls, just a few inches in front of their face, to avoid at all costs even looking down, where it might be suspected they're actually glancing at the other guys' cocks to their left and right.

3. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

4. MattXXX

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's just general bathroom etiquette. You'll sometimes have people who are self-conscious that will react very badly to that kind of behaviour.

Not everybody thinks just like you do.

5. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Is this a thread were only people how are 80% straight and 20% gay answer? Looks like it :p

6. hemingway12

hemingway12 New Member

Hey I wasn't expecting the guy to stand right next to me or any of the others, but there was enough space for the guy to be able to piss comfortably

7. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

that must have been a very old men's room! I haven't seen a trough urinal since the 1960s at Los Angeles Coliseum. In those days guys weren't hyper-modest.

8. hemingway12

hemingway12 New Member

in Austalia they are probably the most common urinals

9. reecho

reecho Member

I can't help it - at work urinals I just can't piss there, so I have to go to cubicles. At places I'm not familiar with (clubs, away from home, etc.) i can juse whap it out and let it go. Dunno why - either a combination of shy bladder or something!

10. hemingway12

hemingway12 New Member

ahh ok. well maybe these guys only felt comfortable doing it near people they know, and not strangers?

11. drrionelli

drrionelli New Member

I'm with you, hemingway12. I don't get it at all. As you say, we're in the men's room to relieve ourselves, after all. And, so what if we happen to notice what the other guys are packing? I mean, hey, it's just a penis. We've all seen those! This is something that I've noticed in some of the popular clubs, even. Guys wear jeans and slacks that are so tight that they draw attention as to what's in there, but they act as if they don't want anybody to see. It's not as though anybody's
    cruising...we're simply there to take a leak.

But, then again, given the nature of our being on this site, perhaps we should simply consider that we who are "of size" might be somewhat intimidating to our lesser smiled-upon brethren! :tongue:

12. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would have done the same thing. I don't like the idea of participating in a public cock show with guys I've never met (or guys I have met for that matter). But, with that said, it's not about me so much as it's about there being a surplus of weirdos slinking around. My dick is my business and I show it to whom I wish.

13. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i've found it funny that it seems like all the 'cool' and popular dance clubs have troughs to piss in- or some other sort of unusual fixturing or mod decor for the bathroom- and usually no dividers to spoil the "fun"

maybe they think that a few beers will reduce the shyness

I always just 'go with the flow' LOL

14. Scott14

Scott14 New Member

Albums:
    Back in the old Cleveland Indians stadium they had what I called "pissing troughs" too. Very common for that time. I remember one time I was taking a multivitamin that made my pee look "dayglow yellow" colored! (So bright yellow it almost seemed to glow!) So, here I was, pissing into a trough with maybe 12 other guys, but my stream looked horribly different than anyone elses!! I was extremely embarrassed!!! Not because I was pissing with so many other guys, but because of how abnormal my pee looked! :eek:

15. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

Im a commercial trucker sooo...im accustomed to the open urinals at the rest areas,truck stops..etc..the only thing thats ever tripped my trigger was a few years ago when an old guy peered over at my unit and exclaimed....DAMNED!ID SURE LOVE TO HOLD THAT FOR A WHILE!

16. bighosenow

Gold Member

Albums:
    Piss troughs are poplular in a lotta gay bars and clubs. Usually there is a mirror on the wall right above the trough so you can check everybody out with out being too obvious. I kinda like'em.

17. NiceDude

NiceDude Member

Albums:
    We have plenty of those in clubs/bars and big events in the Netherlands as well, mostly at places that have a lot of people (that are drunk anyway). Guess we aren't so modest in Europe and everybody seems to use them so no problems there whether gay or straight...

18. visceraltuning

visceraltuning New Member

I used to have a lot of shyness-shame when I was younger and hated trough urinals. Now I'm with the old school American men and Europeans, who gives a f*uck. I'm there to piss and there is nothing sexual about it.

What do people think others will do if they happen to see your cock? Give you a forced BJ or tell everybody about it. That's just stupid.

BTW, I get all but the last question of the Urinal Test because if there is space available and I have to piss, then I have enough self-respect to just take care of my bodily needs.

19. trentnyc08

trentnyc08 New Member

Albums:
    i think that more guys would not have an issue with it if public restrooms where not such a hunting ground for horny desprate men... i dont have an issue with people seeing my dick it is more of an issue that some creapy guy it beating off next to me... i have pissed many times infront of many guys. i dont cear if you take a slight glance, that is normal. please just dont shoot a load when i am trying to piss

20. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

It's interesting this issue of privacy when using a urinal. The majority of urinals here in Vancouver BC Canada are new and they rarely have a wall or semi-wall between them, some do. When I was in Europe, my thoughts were that most urinals have are fully enclosed for privacy. Combine this with the homophobia that seems to be around concerning seeing another guy's cock, and I see that many men use what they call urinal rules of peeing. If there's a bunch of urinals open, you don't take one right next to the other dude....

And yeah, night clubs here seem to have the open concept urinals as do older restrooms. There's a public park on my way into work that has a very old men's room with a tiled wall that you pee on.

Draft saved Draft deleted