Pull-up Bar

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hey, does anyone have a good recommendation on a pull-up bar? I ask because I just got P90X, and I'm not itching to pay 90-something dollars for one promoted by the Beachbody site. That's just ridiculous. I need something more affordable. I hear that there are two basic types out there: (1) the cheap ones that you mount into a doorway with brackets and (2) the more heavy-duty kind that can attach over a door frame.

Any recommendations? Experience using one? I asked this in a few of the chat rooms I visit and go nothing more than a :confused:

ohhhey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The trouble with the cheap ones that just push against the inside of the doorframe is that they tend to put you in a position to bang your head. They're also inclined to slip.

The one I bought from recommendations is Powerbar and I've had no problems with it (apart from motivation). Not sure what the American site for it is, but you can see it here: Chin up bar, Pull ups bars Powerbar for Professional Chinning Exercise by Power Trainer

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't have a recommendation on what is currently out there; Google is probably the best place to do your research.

However, I have used them in the past and they are actually quite good. Most home fitness programmes focus on developing the muscles of the body by 'pushing'. The pullup bar at least allows you to balance your training.

Hugh Mann

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've used the kind that mounts to the frame with brackets. They work great, just make sure you are drilling into decent wood, otherwise the frame will get all jacked up from the stress.

However, my recommendation is to get a power rack with a pullup bar included. It's the best money I've ever spent on equipment :biggrin1:

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Hey, does anyone have a good recommendation on a pull-up bar? I ask because I just got P90X, and I'm not itching to pay 90-something dollars for one promoted by the Beachbody site. That's just ridiculous. I need something more affordable. I hear that there are two basic types out there: (1) the cheap ones that you mount into a doorway with brackets and (2) the more heavy-duty kind that can attach over a door frame.

Any recommendations? Experience using one? I asked this in a few of the chat rooms I visit and go nothing more than a :confused:

You should have thought like that when you got suckerd in the whole P90X thing in the first place.

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ive had one called the "door gym" for 5 years now. It still looks like new and works great. It pivots against the side casings on the front of the door, and hangs up onto the top casing on the back of the door. Im 220+ lbs and have never had an issue with it. highly recommended.