Pump blisters

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If you pumped long enough, I'm guessing you know something about this.

What did you do about it?

I just got my first one yesterday and I was scared a little bit but just burst it, cleaned it, and put some alcohol on it (stung at first, but I figure I little sting is better than risk of infection).

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
horrified me the first time it happened to.

But they heal pretty quickly. But still, give it about a week to rest because I saw the blister healed quickly, and thought it was ok, but after pumping as soon as it healed, the area the blister was turned red for like a day.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blisters are some weird shit. I have a spot on my head that I have to constantly watch when I pump. Condom pumping is great for blisters and I would WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend it after coming back from a blister. The fresh skin that has healed form the blister will still want to blister because it is a new skin matrix. In fact, blisters cause more blisters from this very phenomenon.

The condom provides counter-pressure so the skin is compressed enough to stay intact and blister free. Condom pumping can cause bruising since the counter-pressure on the inner foreskin can be quite extreme compared to what it can handle. The inner foreskin and skin of the glans are both mucosal tissue but the skin of the glans can withstand more down and inward pressure than the inner foreskin can which is which it can bruise. At 7 inches of girth, Magnum XLs can start to get quite uncomfortable and at 8 inches of girth actually start to bruise the inner foreskin when under vacuum pressure. So watch your girth when condom pumping.

You can also use a q-tip wet with 91% alcohol and apply it with a bit of pressure to a slight blister and the alcohol will act as an astringent and pull moisture out of the blister. This will have to be re-done a few times because the blister will want to re-fill. The smaller and less formed the blister is, the better this will work.

You can also fill a shotglass with water, freeze it and use it on areas of the glans of the penis that normally blister... only works on the head and isn't all that comfortable. It however can work when used every 10 or 15 minutes while pumping. The ice constricts the skin and prevents the skin from getting to pliable.

Vicks Vaporub works wonders for beat up mucosal tissue like lips, the glans and the inner foreskin of the penis, I use the lemon scented variety. I've also found that borage oil based moisturizers are quite powerful and non-drying moisturizers.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Blisters are usually caused from too high a pressure.Take a break then lower the pressure.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In my case, I had been pumping at 8 hg for much longer than I ever have.

I had been doing consistant one hour sets 2 days on and 1 day off and no blister ever formed. Two days ago now (on the second day of pumping) I decided to do a 2.5 hour session and the blister formed after that (when I decided to go the extra 15 mins).

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree with Mr Ed on this, too much pressure for too long. I speak from experance on this, as I have blistered my head more than once. I would suggest a break to let the blister heal, as it will likely dry up and come away before it fully heals. When you resume pumping I suggest that you don't go higher than 5hg for your long sets.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
^^^Ahh cool. I think I won't ever go above an hour again though. Definitely don't want another blister! >_<
Put some polysporin on it. Also, before you pump put some coconut oil on your penis. Just a little. Prevents redness and blistering.
Thanks I'll look for some!

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I usually pump for an hour a day,but I take breaks in between,every 15 minutes or so. Massaging your cock also helps,it keeps the blood circulating

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You can get blisters from low pressure too.
Like I know everyone says 5 hG, but 8 hG is what has worked for me. No less than 7 hG. At 5 hG I usually kind of go soft and after 15-30 mins I don't really feel anything happening except soreness at the base.

Do you think it was the time length for sure? I mean I was definitely pumping from 1:15 pm to 4:00 pm. [I use a timer for breaks] o_o

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like I know everyone says 5 hG, but 8 hG is what has worked for me. No less than 7 hG. At 5 hG I usually kind of go soft and after 15-30 mins I don't really feel anything happening except soreness at the base.

Do you think it was the time length for sure? I mean I was definitely pumping from 1:15 pm to 4:00 pm. [I use a timer for breaks] o_o

Well... you are not going to like this but... I ALWAYS pump soft. I have to be hard to enter the pump more or less but as the tube fills, I want to be less and less aroused. So in my case, the vacuum pressure isn't to hold an erection or to see how far I can get to the top of the cylinder. The seal at the base must be secure and the quick release valve must be on tight enough but not too tight or the cylinder will lose pressure.

The pumping community is filled with 80% of the pumpers using too much pressure and being too hard or erect during their sessions. I'm not talking about you, just generalizing and trying to spew some seldom heard wisdom.

I think this is why I can get to an 8+ inch girth simply with a 2.25" tube and my penis isn't distorted into a bizarre shape. How your cock looks OUT of the tube is the mooooooooost important. NOBODY is going to see you in the tube or care how much pressure you have been using. They are only going to see the results. The majority of what I see are HUGE tube pumps but when the cock comes out, it's rather small and unimpressive. Why is this? Because of being too erect and using too much pressure.

Less pressure and pumping soft will COMPLETELY REMOVE the bizarre rubbery and gross looking donuts... the lumps... the weird shapes and the uneven appearances. GONE will be the pain at the base, along with the redness and soreness... and your size will be bigger outside of the tube.

So.... 1:15 to 4:00am isn't insane, I do it all of the time. BUT... that is asking for a blister(s). Just remember, blisters can't be felt but you will feel a slight prick when they develop. Be sensitive to this and you can stop them as they occur with ice or alcohol (or Witch Hazel) applied carefully with a Q-tip. You should give the ice shotglass a try during your breaks and consider wearing a condom for the first tube if you can stand the counterpressure. Lowered pressures and doubling or increasing your breaks will work too.

There are no magic bullets but a comprehensive strategy that includes safer and smarter pumping will go miles in preventing blisters and achieving more of your size goals.

Take it from me, I am a hardgainer and have had to employ EVERY trick in the book to achieve any kind of size. I'm pumping upwards of 8.5" of girth on my bigger sessions these days and that's with a God given 5 or so inch girth before I ever started pumping. Yeah, I haven't made any length gains but that's because of having too much fat and my pubic fat pad acts like a cushion preventing any actual length gains. I am slowly losing weight but also find the time to pump less and less these days... life is just too busy.

steve thomas

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ah, the infamous blister. I've had this issue a few times and it totally sucks. Pumping is pretty much out for at least a week, depending on the blister. The problem is being in a cylinder that's to small for to long at high pressure. I've recently switched to a 3.25x10 and I pump for an hour a day at 15hg without any blisters at all.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well, I always enter soft and then it kind of grows to my hard length as I pump. Is that still ok? Like, My penis didn't deform or get a weird shape at all. It actually maintained it's shape (check my latest pics in the pump gallery) those are from the day I developed my blister.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I always enter soft and then it kind of grows to my hard length as I pump. Is that still ok? Like, My penis didn't deform or get a weird shape at all. It actually maintained it's shape (check my latest pics in the pump gallery) those are from the day I developed my blister.

It should be hard at the beginning and less hard as you pack. You want to be completely soft when you pack.

Just checked out your gallery and everything looks fine and decently porportioned.

As an observer and a part time pump coach... your 2.5 tube needs to go in the closet for a while. You are sucking in too much scrotum and the pressure is being strongly placed on your glans as a result.

Get a tapered 2.25" or better yet, get a tapered 2 inch and pump with less pressure... that 2.5" tube is just too big and you'd need a 9+ inch girth to fill it. LeLuv's tapered tubes are cheap and the tapered design feels sooooo much better than a straight walled tube. I sometimes finish off in a straight walled 2.5" AFTER I go past 8 inches of girth.

It's a succession of tubes where you start out with one just a little larger than your penis, pack it and move to the next tube.

I have a 2 inch tapered, 2.25" tapered, 2.25" straight and very flared at the base, 2.5" tapered and a 2.5" straight wall. The 2.5" straightwall stays on the closet mostly and is only brought out for shits and grins... I can get everything I need without it.

Reactions: playainda336

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I see! I think I'll just forget I have the 2.5" one for a year or so. It was my first and I didn't know any better but everyone was like "OH YOU NEED AN ELLIPTICAL. :(

Silly me.

My standard is a 9"x2" flared wall. I think I've always got my best results in that one.