Punkrock music anyone?

punkrockfag

Just Browsing
Media
Anyone like to listen to the punkrock music? I have often wondered why guys have to give up the punkrock music, just because they come out. (or so it seems) I mean, we all grew up listening to rock music at least. Why are there no clubs or bars, not even the allegedly hard core bars, that consistently play rock, rock & roll, punkrock, etc.? I don't go to gay bars, because I don't like the droning thump-thump of the music they play in gay bars.

I don't usually whine. I just need to know if there are any places out there where I can go have fun.....

Oh, yeah, it'd be nice to find someone with a big fatty too. Hit it!

phantom73

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've always enoyed a regular old tavern with a good jukebox full of rock, a good pinball machine, and a decent dart board. Oh yah...and a small kitchen that is capable of serving loads of deep fried cheese sticks and other munchie food. I get bored with the club-type establishments too. You just have to get some friends together and go bar hopping until you find the right place.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Anyone like to listen to the punkrock music? I quote]

I can't say I listen to it so much these days but I still love the Dead Kennedys , Cabaret Voltaire and especially The Violent Femmes.
Sex pistols are great and I still enjoy Malcolm McLaren notably what he does with the most beautiful opera arias of all time. The closest thing we have to modern punk rock today would be GREEN DAY and they have always been and still remain one of my favorite groups.
I have very eclectic tastes in music. Mostly classical but I can listen to almost anything.

:banana:
HORSE

dags

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I remember the Violent Femmes, I still have "The blind leading the naked" cassette. I was totally into that kind of music at that time, I don't know if the "Talking heads" or "The Cure" are considered punk but I enjoy them as well. "Ministry" is another group that I still enjoy their old stuff.
I remember allot of the bars in my area used to have live bands on weekends, like back in the 1980's. It all seemed to fizzle out, at least around here, in the very early 1990s.
I'm sure large metro areas still have bars that have live music. It was allot of fun seeing the newcomers to the scene and looking forward to your favorites coming back. Very cool times.

ShakeYrDog

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

D_f6yiuhj

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love punk rock old skool like pistols and discharge ,conflict ect being a brit and all lol

ShakeYrDog

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love punk rock old skool like pistols and discharge ,conflict ect being a brit and all lol

Fucking awesome, Vanya! I'm way into Public Image Ltd, Magazine, The Buzzcocks, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and Dead Can Dance for starters in terms of awesome brit-punk. I *guess* I'd add the Cocteau Twins to that list, but they're not so much traditional punk, and way more just "out there" in general.

I wish more people were into it!

Welcome to the forum!