puppy incident

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MARCOPOLO4, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MARCOPOLO4

MARCOPOLO4 New Member

who has an opinion on the puppy incident in iraq. i think what happened was deplorable and unthinkable and this person needs to be accountable for his actions.:tragedy::tragedy::tragedy::tragedy:

2. Ed69

Gold Member

?????????More info!!

3. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Michelle Malkin » Soldiers and puppies: Two narratives Update: Marines in Honolulu investigating

I hope it's a fake!

If that's real! The guy should be sentanced and jailed for willful and deliberate animal cruelty, it's fucking desgusting and the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen from an American soildier.

The American military is renowned for it's 'freindly fire' incidents making them look incompetent, this, if real, just make them as bad as the Iragi and Afgan extremists.

It is indefensible.

4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I wish the death penalty was available ...

Either that, or I'd like to have a go alone with the guy ....

Which is to say, the laws on the books, in my very humble opinion, are entirely too lenient

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I'm sure it's a fake puppy. Malkin is known to be quite shrill.

6. scotslad20

scotslad20 New Member

The clip is no longer avaliable witch leads me to think that it was real as things in volving the millitray and more so things that are of a disturbing images of a solider doing thing like this. and this was on the web site to how sick and totaly disturbing. SICK SICK SICK

Insurgents in Iraq attached explosives to a dog and tried to blow up a military convoy near the northern oil centre of Kirkuk.

The canine bomb went off but the only casualty was the unfortunate animal, said police. The militants wrapped an explosive belt around the dog and detonated it as the convoy passed through Dakuk, 25 miles south of Kirkuk, said the town’s police chief, Col Mohammed Barzaji.
    “The dog was torn apart by the explosion which caused neither injury among the soldiers nor any damage.”
    Col Barzaji said the bomb had been detonated outside a Shia mosque. “Eight suspects have been detained.”
    This was not the first time that animals have been used in insurgent attacks. In 2003, donkey carts were used to conceal makeshift multiple rocket launchers in a flurry of attacks in Baghdad. Animal carcasses and human corpses have been used to conceal explosives

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Held for the bombing, not the abuse of the animal

Within the terms of that ideology, dogs are unclean animal, such that keeping them is frowned upon, and are routinely rounded up and destroyed as vermin

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iranian cleric denounces dog owners

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/325066.aspx

FOXNews.com - Iranian Man Sentenced to 4 Months in Jail, 30 Lashes for Walking Dog - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

8. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
  9. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wish i hadn't seen this, it's upset me all day.

Kick his arse for he Nick444.

10. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    There is a good chance that if I was a soldier standing next to him that I would have put a cap in his ass when he threw the puppy.

11. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    And someone needs to be devil's advocate.

Why are we getting upset over this dog? If it were a crab or a snake he tossed nobody would care.

Flame away, I don't care. Like I said devil's advocate post...

12. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

no response merited here

13. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    That is an interesting point, but domesticated dogs are linked to man in so many ways... crabs are linked to man only by being a food, snakes are linked to man as being one of our enemies (mostly the venomous ones and the constrictors).

Puppies are precious... in the old, old days, the birth of a litter of puppies was a great event and would be celebrated by the whole tribe.

Dogs are man's best friend bro...

14. Dr. Algonquin

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As horrible as it is acts like this are just a drop in the bucket of mankind's general mistreatment of most animals and the ecosystem itself.

15. dong20

Gold Member

Dogs are also eaten in many parts of the world.

This action is an offense to our morality, but not necessarily to that of other cultures which have different moral mores.

The correct question to ask being: Is the appropriate level of moral outrage for cruelty to a self aware, living creature more correctly determined by it actually being alive and self aware or, by how cute and fluffy it is?

16. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Queries like this led me to:

(1) Becoming vegan

(2) Not accepting values relativism

(3) Noticing that the cultures that do ingest dogs, also indulge in cannibalism at select junctures (nipponese as as part of the war against the Allies and the conquest of the SouthEast asians; chinese during the Cultural Revolution)

(A.) I notice also, that the same cultures that do eat dogs, also torture the animals they eat, so that the adrenaline the unfortunate creatures secrete, improves their taste -- the koreans will, for example, blow-torch puppies and dogs, while still alive, for that reason

17. MikeyDizzle

MikeyDizzle New Member

No you wouldn't... I would not be happy about it and maybe push him at worst, but then I'd also be ready to fight - and how much sense would THAT make???? Unfortunately this asshole has to watch your back when the shit hits the fan.

Yeah, its fucked up, maybe he's not all there - doesn't justify anything, but there are bigger pieces of shit to focus on.

Keep it in perspective.

And yes, I am a Marine, served for 8 years - Semper Fi!

18. dong20

Gold Member

(1) Becoming vegan
    Personal choice. I was a vegetarian for years.

(2) Not accepting values relativism
    Impossible, values are always relative, except to oneself. You don't have to accept it, but it's true nonetheless.

(3) Noticing that the cultures that do ingest dogs, also indulge in cannibalism at select junctures (nipponese as as part of the war against the Allies and the conquest of the SouthEast asians; chinese during the Cultural Revolution)

Well, I know I have eaten dog (among other 'unsavories') on at least one occasion. I'm not aware of having eaten people but it's something I can't rule out 100%.

(A.) I notice also, that the same cultures that do eat dogs, also torture the animals they eat, so that the adrenaline the unfortunate creatures secrete, improves their taste -- the koreans will, for example, blow-torch puppies and dogs, while still alive, for that reason

A good illustration that morality (personal or cultural) is always relative, including yours and mine.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not blase about any of this, or the events related in the OP - I'm merely saying that to me there are far worse things in the world to get worked up about.

19. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Diet -- recognition that moral & ethical consequences flow from those as well as our other actions, hence, a moral & ethical decision

As far as values, notice that it takes an ACTOR acting on his values that creates action -- what are the constructs (beliefs & values) that led to that action?

Values relativism denies an absolute morality and and absolute reality -- notions I reject

20. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

** dang! just as it gets interesting I have to go! **

Draft saved Draft deleted