Push-Ups

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TragicWhiteKnight, Oct 19, 2004.

1. TragicWhiteKnight

Albums:
    London & Manchester, with lots of commuting betwee
    In attempting to whip my flabby ass into shape, without having to travel many, many miles to a gym, I've started doing many an exercise including (spoiler for anyone who hasn't read the message title...) push-ups.

But after a long stretch, push-ups tend to be quite hard on my package, what with the constant slamming down (without anyone underneath me, which makes a lot less fun and lot more dick-meets-floor painful) - even using my pillow to buffer it, I think my size makes the smackdown a lot worse.

So, anyone have any hints on what to wear, how to wear it and other buffering techniques that'll allow me to work out without hammering my junk into oblivion? (learning to be better at doing push-ups is not an option yet)

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Here's a simple solution that will spare the groin and intensify your workout at the same time.

Arrange 3 kitchen chairs so that your feet are on one and your hands are on each of the others. This gets your package a couple of feet off the floor and if you spread the two chairs enough so that your torso dips between them, you'll feel a greater 'burn.'

3. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

A good suggestion, Pecker. It's similar to the one I've used through the years. I've always had a chair with arms just the width of my shoulders. With removing the cushion and my hands on each arm, I lower my chest as low as possible. (my feet remaining on the floor). It worked for me enough to get compliments on my chest now and then. Give it a try and let me know what you think, TragicWhiteKnight. Also, lying on your back with knees bent, feet on floor, raise you lower section while tensing your piss cut off muscles (its name escapes me right now). Hold this 'up' position for a count of 10. You might try standing with your back against a wall or door, feet spread shoulder width about a foot away from the wall, making you lean against it. Lower your body causing your thigh muscles and ass muscles to become tense. Work up to a count of 20 doing three sets, with about a minute or two between sets. All of the above exercises should be performed daily.

Good luck,

Luke

4. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd say that maybe you're coming down too hard when you return to the floor. Yous package should not be "slamming into the floor, for a more beneficial exercise you should return to the floor slowly, it works the muscles more if you do push ups slowly.

5. darronsummit

darronsummit New Member

your package should not hit the ground, regardless.

no matter how big you are you shouldn't be, as you say, slamming into the ground. When doing a pushup, you should keep your back tensed so that it is as straight as possible, as it would be if you were standing up to look your tallest. You should take it slow, as has been said, and only come down until your shoulders are parallel with your elbows.

That's always worked fer me.

6. Imported

Gold Member

toomtwooeight:
    Why not wear a jocj ?

7. Caliman

Caliman Member

The guy talking about form has it right. If on the floor you are on the tips of your toes with your feet together. Your meat hangs down, but lower yourself very slowly and contolled. Worse will be your meat makes contact with the floor but never get slammed. I do this all the time. Gives you a big gorilla chest everyone likes and you won't get sore unless you try to do them with a boner.
    Good luck.

8. Knight-7x6

Knight-7x6 New Member

Albums:
    www.netfit.co.uk

They have lots of info there, including many press up circuits. And you should be pressing steadily, not fast, keep it even.

9. InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander New Member

This is something that I also started doing about 2 months ago to further increase the 'burn'.

Even after graduating high school and all the way up to this past spring (when I turned 20), I was always a scrawny 130 pounds. I've been excercising and eating right for about half a year now, and am now up to about 165 lbs.

I know this is off the main topic, but I must say this: I've come here as a lurker for years now, and part of the reason for that was cause I knew that I had something more in one muscle of my body, even if nowhere else. But I started to work out and even though my endowment may not look as huge in the awkward way it did on my smaller 'frame', in a way it really helps 'complete the package' now.

Draft saved Draft deleted