Pushing down on cock while erect

hairy8: Does anyone here do this? When I'm erect, my cock sticks up at a 45 degree angle and I love to push it downwards with my hands. It feels great, I can feel a stretch in the suspensory ligament and can also feel a definite swelling in my cock as it becomes more engorged with blood.  Sometimes I hear a "pop" from the ligament, sounds painful but is actually pleasant and soothing.

I'm in my twenties and am almost certain that my cock is still growing. Very slowly (maybe 1/8 of an inch per year) but growing all the same. I've been carefully measuring my cock for years so I notice even an insignificant growth. I wonder if this pushing down on my cock is acting as a kind of PE exercise by stretching the ligament and increasing blood flow to the penis?

• Haha
Reactions: 678wsb

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Now you've got me wondering, too, hairy8. I can't imagine the suspensory ligament actually popping! It's a question that I'll have for my urologist on my next visit.
I'm anxious to find out if it puzzles him as much as it does me. Please inform LPSG if you get an answer before we do.

Luke

hairy8: Oh it pops alright :D It's a bit like cracking a knuckle or other joint except that it's a duller sound. And once I've popped it I can't pop it again for ages.

It's no surprise that I can pop my cock (hehe) as I can pop/crack just about every other part of my body - back, ankle, elbow, hip, knuckles. I can even crack my sternum in the middle by pulling my shoulders back. None of these sounds cause any pain at all, in fact I feel better after them.

(edit) I was just curious about this penis popping phenomenon so did a google search. Found an article in the "alt.gothic" newsgroup entitled "The mechanics of penis popping" If anyone's interested, the article can be found in google's usenet archive
http://groups.google.com/

:)

luix: Mine pops with some noise too. Once it´s really hard, I push it dawn. Not a bad sensation. But I can only do it once. If I wanna repeat it, I have to go completely soft, and hard again.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=luix link=board=health;num=1072615772;start=0#3 date=12/28/03 at 17:59:49]Mine pops with some noise too. Once it´s really hard, I push it dawn. Not a bad sensation. But I can only do it once. If I wanna repeat it, I have to go completely soft, and hard again.
[/quote]

You mean you have to re-cock it?

jerkin4-10: mmm...popping...isnt good...thats why they say when you pull out too far and your penis doesnt go straight in and pokes...or misses...[ive done it a million times...take your time and make sure it goes straight in...it actually does some damage to the suspensatory ligament...and urologists will confirm that..

Tender: [quote author=jerkin4-10 link=board=health;num=1072615772;start=0#5 date=12/28/03 at 18:38:17]mmm...popping...isnt good...thats why they say when you pull out too far and your penis doesnt go straight in and pokes...or misses...[ive done it a million times...take your time and make sure it goes straight in...it actually does some damage to the suspensatory ligament...and urologists will confirm that..[/quote]

i think you are referring to a penis fracture.
im not sure thats the same sort of popping they are talking about? :-/ never been with a dude that could 'pop' lol sounds uh not normal?...

Tender

rtyuii: that motion feels fucking awesome
it is unknown to most guys
i move mine like a joystick as well as the normal jerking motion
in fact, i use both motions at the same time and my orgasms are much stronger, with crazy shootin...

anybody else like to move their dick in like a joystick???

canadian: I can do the penis pop thing too, it feels the same as when you crack your knuckles, sounds the same too.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
The sensation of hearing (and feeling) that little "pop" or "cracking" sound (in certain erect situations) has been discussed in the forum before--several times and really a good while back. 'Seems it is mentioned specifically in the "making it bigger" section.

It's true that this "popping" thing is (part?) of penis enlargement when it occurs during the FLACCID stage during natural exercises. Guys attempting to enlarge will often look forward to that little crackle. It doesn't happen all that often...days and days apart sometimes. It's accepted as a little note of progress really--hearing and sensing that little noise. -- It typically doesn't cause any pain.

But, note I am pointing out here, guys---this should happen while in the FLACCID stage. This "popping" (gentle) cracking sound when flaccid (and, pulling downward or sometimes to the side, left and right, is not going to inflict injury. It indeed is affecting (and occurring within) the supensory ligaments. In enlargement techniques, over time, this "pulling and coaxing" these ligaments will eventually allow the penis to "hang' a bit more outward from the groin. Whether there's "growth" from doing it or simply "stretching the ligs over time" is debatable. I contend (from having done this over three years now in PE techniques myself), that' it's probably a combination of some growth and stretching all combined. And, it can be "slow going" too...fractions of an inch over time.

I am concerned here about guys trying this "popping" while hard (erect) though. Sounds dangerous and is. Yes, I think a urologist would cringe upon hearing about it. It reminds one of the same sort of thing happening when men get injured (innocently) during "rough sex" and the shaft "snaps" and a fracture results. Typically, when REAL damage occurs in this kind of shaft injury, the man will know it--as in immediate P A I N. Curvature (sometimes permanent) results. An erect penis should NOT be bent forcibly, mishandled roughly, etc. --no matter how "tough" the guy is feeling about himself down there. Treat it with some respect, men! Injuries DO happen. It's already been noted in the forum about sudden injuries threatening the man with simply having the woman on top. One quick wrong (again, innocent) move from either partner and---disaster. Bigger guys (with more length) HAVE to be especially more careful. Fortunately, the bigger girth of longer shafts helps lessen such "fracture"potential. But, caution should rule, nonetheless...always.

I hope guys reading this will THINK....and certainly be careful.

hairy8: benderten, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. The popping I'm talking about never, ever happens when flaccid or even semi-erect. When you push down on a flaccid penis, what happens? Nothing really - as it's already pointed downwards and/or hanging limp. There's no resistance and nothing to push against.

Also, the penis shaft doesn't really bend during this downward pushing of the erect penis. The penis remains straight when you push it down - it's just the angle at the base that changes. It's like pushing a lever. As someone mentioned, it's similar to moving a joystick.

Now, actually bending an erect penis is a completely different story. This can undoubtedly lead to injuries such as a "fracture" of the shaft. As you described, it can happen during rough sex. This would probably result in a popping noise also, but the popping would be coming from a different place (along the shaft rather than where the penis meets the pelvic bone) and would obviously be accompanied by considerable pain.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=hairy8 link=board=health;num=1072615772;start=0#10 date=12/29/03 at 12:20:43]

"benderten, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing..."

[/quote]

In some ways,we probably are not.
Thanks hairy8 for your follow-up.

But, here's why I responded the way I did.

You mentioned your suspicion about "still growing".
Then, there was the mention itself of that "popping" noise in regard to suspensory ligaments. Many guys around here might associate all this with penis enlargement.

We have so many men in this forum who are interested in "getting big"...at any measure. From the activity (discussions) in the "making it bigger" section, I know all about (well-meaing) guys who will try anything to enlarge themselves, often at whatever risks--whether they realize those risks at the time or not. So, in my earlier post, I tried to cover the topic of "popping and cracking" from all angles as best I could to inform our readers. While not an expert, I'm far from a novice either.

Hairy8, what you described (sounds) harmless enough and perhaps not all that risky, really. Obviously, you know your own personal limits, (while you're erect.)

But, it's the untold hundreds of other men "out there" who might get over-anxious and over-zealous (over-encouraged!) with their own notions of "making it pop" which (they think) might help "make it grow".

THOSE are the ones who concern me.

There is a "preferred" way and a wrong way to make it "pop" (say, for enlarging methods).

And, that's why I stressed precaution.

The "novelty"? of just making it pop otherwise (when one is not seeking enlargement) as say a trick or an interesting past-time is beyond me, really.

But, I'm not here to pass judgement. :)

hairy8:
But, it's the untold hundreds of other men "out there" who might get over-anxious and over-zealous (over-encouraged!) with their own notions of "making it pop" which (they think) might help "make it grow".

Thanks for the reply and explanation. Having thought about this a bit more, I think you are 100% correct to be urging caution and I agree with you completely. So to everyone out there who's thinking of doing some weird movement or exercise with their penis, the message is - BE CAREFUL!

Rich2003: My erection goes straight down anyway so I can't experience the 'popping' feeling.

On the other hand, I've always felt I have an advantage over guys who's cocks point upwards as I'm sure they can't get into some of the positions i can!

Take it easy
Rich

Jimbo: I can also make my mine pop when fully erect by pushing downward. And yes, it tends to make me harder than my normal erection and feels great especially as I "kegel" against the pressure causing my penis head to futher expand.

However I associate that pop with the similar effect that causes the sound when you "crack" your knuckles. There is a certain amount of surface tension in the joints due to the fluids contained in there and when they pop and air rushes in, you break that tension and make that popping sound. The penis sits in a cavity in your body and to me it feels like I am breaking that tension in a similar manner when i get the pop. I have VERY tough ligs and i really don't think the pop is a lig going through some sort of trauma like tearing or separating. So, as far as being dangerous, I tend to disagree.

I can understand if you are pulling outward on a flaccid penis when this happens you can maybe gradually get the penis to "reseat" itself in a slightly more "forward" position in the cavity when combined with the gradual ligament stretch which should result in possiblly having more "external" penis exposed over time. If you push down when erect, you probably get some sort of lig stretch as well and if you did this regularly my guess is you would tend to lower your angle of erection as that top lig stretches more in relation to the other ligs.

Yknarf: I crack my cock about every 2 hours every day as part of my stretching routine. Been doing it for about 3 years now with no probs just getting a little longer. When I first started it used to be very loud and ache a little now it's quieter and no feeling at all.

Franky

Yknarf: P.S.

I usually just grip my cockhead and pull down very hard until it cracks.

Franky

mekkler: I can sort of create an instant mini-orgasm by doing this, about a tenth of the wattage of a regular one. Pushing too hard or for too long is uncomfortable though. I don't want it to break off!