Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What's indecent and unfair about majority rule?

There are many things unfair about it. It's the reason we have an Electoral College. It the reaon why we have both the Senate and the House of Representatives.

On here it's not about majority rule. It's about the moderators. I find them to be fair and impartial.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
There are many things unfair about it. It's the reason we have an Electoral College. It the reaon why we have both the Senate and the House of Representatives.

On here it's not about majority rule. It's about the moderators. I find them to be fair and impartial.
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth, dear boy. If the majority of the respondents to a poll wanted a member banned, should the moderators pay heed to the poll or ignore it?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth, dear boy. If the majority of the respondents to a poll wanted a member banned, should the moderators pay heed to the poll or ignore it?

There should not be such a poll in the first place, my dear.

The moderators need to be fair and impartial. They can not kowtow to a mob who may unfairly pick on someone.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
What quorum of the membership do you suggest?
You can't use the membership as a starting point for anything. There are thousands upon thousands of members, and only a few hundred show up within a given period of time.
Besides, if I wanted to recommend a course of action to the moderators, I would put together a PM and let them all know what I had in mind. The poll would be fer funsies. I bet that if it had been left up the voting would have been in favor of banning him.
But you can't take such a poll seriously because it only represents the people who cared enough to vote. It wouldn't speak to the wants and needs of the membership as a whole.

But those around here who like to use plausible looking statistics to lie, and there are many of them, could have a field day with such a thing. :D

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why shouldn't there be such a poll? Are we not free to speak our minds around here?

Yes, we are free to speak our minds around here, attacking someone in a thread is another question.

In my opinion there is no need for such a poll...It just seems childish to me...third grade stuff. (which an be fun at times too)..but it is also mean. (which is not cool)

I posted earlier that you could start a thread about someone who dislike, but you shoud put it in a civilized manner.

Anyway, why do you hate the person you wanted to start a poll about so much?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, we are free to speak our minds around here, attacking someone in a thread is another question.

In my opinion there is no need for such a poll...It just seems childish to me...third grade stuff. (which an be fun at times too)..but it is also mean. (which is not cool)

I posted earlier that you could start a thread about someone who dislike, but you shoud put it in a civilized manner.

Anyway, why do you hate the person you wanted to start a poll about so much?

I don't hate anybody. I'm trying to prove a point, and you're helping me. :biggrin1:

Now, if whoever erased my poll would put it back before the scheduled expiration date...