Put the election on hold.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Drifterwood, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Is it a time for radical ideas?

Put the election on hold. Have an interim government with the sole purpose of sorting out the mess.

This is not a time for supposedly bi-partisan puppets whose strings are pulled by the same interest groups.

Get rid of Bush, sorry he is an incompetent idiot, and forget personalities and find people with talent over charisma, you have them.

2. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I agree - but there is no way to implement this. Our political landscape is rooted in 240 years of the party system. Unfortunately, we need to live with it.

3. B_New End

B_New End New Member

4. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I never had you as a man of so few words :smile:

5. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I disagree that "we need to live with it" as much as we, through laziness and lack of vision, choose to live with it.

I'm very thankful Henry, Adams, Madison, Hamilton, Franklin, Jefferson, et al, did not think this way.

6. Flashy

Gold Member

you are a scumbag.

we will keep our government system the way it is, thanks.

if you want an "interim government", change your own fucking system.

there is no problem in our government system.

the problem is stupid people like your hero, Phil Ayesho, voting for the same two parties over and over again while criticizing people like me for voting for those "radical ideas" you seem so fond of...well guess what? Phil Ayesho votes for the parties that *KEEP* the parties with newer and radical ideas *OUT* of the elections, out of the debates, and off the ballots wherever they can.

so the next time you want "radical ideas" espoused here in America, why don't you lock people lock Phil Ayesho in his home, so he cannot vote for the same two ineffectual corrupt parties, that he now demands i choose.

He voted for Reagan and Bush the First.

You might explain to him the concept of radical ideas and the fact that people like him, who cote for corruption aret he problem, not people like me, whose third, and independent parties and candidates he is busy keeping out of the equation

by all means, adopt him and bring him to the UK...it will be one less scumbag voting for the democrats or the republicans and calling the rest of us "ineffectual", while he pulls the lever for corruption...again.

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I think an "interim government" will just add to the confusion and lack of security about the future........

8. invisibleman

Gold Member

Bush going anyway.

Radical ideas and conservatism?! :eek: Oh, boy. I think we have enough, thank you. Don't give them anymore ideas.

9. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Drifter, are you nuts? This makes sense only if you think that govts are golf courses, and "messes" interrupt the norm. Are you actually George W. Bush, posting a note to this blog?

Imagine Churchill saying this during WWII. We have a mess. Let's disband the govt. Hmmm. Who should "appoint" this interim govt whose sole purpose shall be something other than vacationing?

Wait a second. No need to answer my earlier question about your identity. You definitely are the President!

Welcome to LPSG, sir. Glad to see you relaxing by looking at our cocks.

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's not a fair assessment, Flashy.
    Hear me out on this one. There are many other independent politicians with great ideas who run for office and statistically have no chance to win. That's because the real stupid people only base their decisions on what they see on TV. You can't blame every single person who didn't look at Ron Paul or Nader as the salvation of America. They simply don't know how to get their messages across to the dumb people. No airtime, no vote. Simple.

For people who pay attention to the news, they know a 2-party political system is rather fucked up. Myself included. But at the end of the day I know where some of my loyalties lie. Like it or not, the Democrat & Republican parties control the media when it comes to Politics, so they also control the culture around it. And until one of these independent politicians can come out there and really make a name for themselves in the media, not just through various pamphlets and a website, the chance for a Ron Paul or a Nader to ever break through and win one state during a presidential race is virtually impossible. You have one vote. They don't get carried over to the next election, so using it to make a statement against the two parties in power makes no sense. It's essentially a "no vote" to everyone else. And just as South Park suggests, it sucks to only have a choice between a douche and a turd sandwich. But at least the one that douches also cleans. Better to vote for someone who has some of your ideals in place and actually has a chance in winning, instead of voting for the Seabiscuits of the political horse race.

You can do whatever you want. But personally, I just don't know why you'd do it when you know the outcome. That's like driving at 40 MPH right into a brick wall knowing that it's coming up, but not doing anything about it because you like the graffiti painted on it. People like you would see it as a political statement. At the end of the day, when they total up the votes for that independent candidate and see him or her with less than 1% of the National vote, the rest will see their supporters as a small, eccentric group that is out of touch regardless if it's true or not.

You may want to start using that as a campaign slogan right now for the independent candidate you like for 2012. Because it ain't going to do a single thing for 2008. Only 30+ days before the election and you somehow need to convince nearly 300 Million people to see things your way after being blitzed with years of stories and images of Obama & McCain on an hourly basis. It's just not going to happen. Obama, IMO, is not the perfect candidate. But he's the "douche" in this scenario compared to the turd sandwich that is McCain. He has a better chance of winning than any independent with great, radical ideas and he does have a good stance on some issues that concern me... more than McCain does. My choice is clear here, and I'm going to put my one vote where it will actually do something.

#10 B_VinylBoy, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  11. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    Britain did have an all-party coalition government during the second WW, and also the latter part of the first.

12. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    We could simply dispense with politicians altogether and have a nice, quiet military coup if you like. I mean, let's have a little stability and discipline around here.

13. lucky8

Gold Member

Better idea, if you don't like the fact that our economy affects your economy, tell people in your country to stop investing so heavily in American business...

14. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Seriously, Flashy- shut the fuck up until you can learn to think.

You only embarrass yourself.

In this little gem of idiocy you state there is no problem with our political system...
    And then , IN THE NEXT FUCKING SENTENCE, you outline A PROBLEM with our political system.

Really- get off whatever meds are making you unable to hold ONE fucking position long enough to make a valid point.

I have no problem with a 3, 4, 5 or 10 -party system... So... where the fuck is the viable third party?
    What have YOU done to make a Thrid party and their candidate have a snowball's chance in hell of winning?

You are as mindless in your support of whatever fringe party you endorse as ANY Republican or Democratic Party loyalist...
    That doesn't make you "different" - It makes you EXACTLY the same...
    only dumber....
    because you can not even hope to have your candidate make the slightest difference in your life.

Like the die hard CUBS fan- it doesn't matter how many decades your party accomplishes NOTHING- you still paint the face and cheer on cue.

You claim to be some kind of "independent thinker" - but the minute someone suggests a REALLY novel idea of change, you attack them like a face painting soccer hooligan.

And- as I said before- MOST years I would support your choice to vote for a third party, just to make the point.

But THIS year you have a STRATEGIC opportunity to place in complete unobstructed power a party that CAN win and WILL press YOUR interests.

AND- if THEY fuck up...
    A democratic fuck up following a spectacular republican fuckup is JUST THE THING to help your third party gain credibility.

But... that would require being able to hold a consistent thought in your head for more than two sentences without contradicting yourself.

That would require being able to understand that ALL politics is compromise, and consensus.

...being able to understand that, sometimes, the enemy of your enemy is your ally in achieving your true objective.

15. mrpond

mrpond New Member

let both parties rot in their own (capalist front bullshit ) called democracy. anarchy in the us of a

16. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

And, BTW, what is mostly wrong with Politics today is the atmosphere of utter hatred promulgated between parties...

Fuck party politics...

Its about issues and policies.

Republicans have failed to be fiscally conservative- their primary platform. They have adopted a strategy of polemic and invective that has exacerbated the polarization of public opinion.
    They have pursued military adventurism IN LIEU of paying attention to the economic present and the future of US productivity.

And they have been guilty of crimes high and low in the unraveling of the Constitution they swore to uphold and defend.

I am not opposed to conservatism. I think it plays an important role in balancing society.
    I am opposed to the ineffectual hypocrisy and vituperative self excusing massive screw ups of a party that has become so extreme and unilateral in its policies that it has entirely lost touch with what the word 'conservative' even MEANS.

Fiscal Conservativism is NOT taking undue risks. NOT incurring undue debt and NOT Spending more than you take in.

I ache for the day when Republicans and Democrats can have a discussion where BOTH can recognize some measure of value in the other.

But until the republicans get off their fascist mindset... I will support the party that CAN defeat them.

And anyone who CARES about their personal freedom and the re-instatement of Constitutional law must vote against ANY party whose members tolerate one of their own refusing to comply with a legal subpoena.

17. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    can we get a fucking mod on this guy, or they in bed with Phil's agenda?

"get off whatever meds are making you unable to hold ONE fucking position long enough to make a valid point."

wow. what happened to all the inciting, inflaming, looking to incite ToS? assume a warning is in order, right?

#17 faceking, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  18. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    ...Whereas you, face, have always been the voice of reason and quiet decorum?

19. pym

pym New Member

Really FaceKing, you calling for a moderation here? The only voice in this part of the forum that spew's as much DIAREAH as Trinity is YOU. UHGhhhggg.:puke:

20. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bush has charisma? Could have fooled me. His fannel tongued verbal gaffes tipped my sensors a long time back. Might be some of my synesthesia, but I never thought he could think clearly and his logic never built up to proper conclusions.

Draft saved Draft deleted