Putting the moves on...

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
For a friend who is too shy to ask the forum....

When a relationship is fresh and new, what is the best way to initiate the beginnings of the romance?

The ole "yawn, stretch and wrap your arm around her/his shoulder" or maybe being more direct and talking about it with them prior.

Who's got advice....?:biggrin1:

scottsimms

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Corn and Tomato Salad with Shrimp and Watercress

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 6 ears of corn, kernels cut from the cob (2 1/2 cups)
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
  • 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 tablespoon snipped chives
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped tarragon
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded

directions

1. Light a grill. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the corn kernels and cook over high heat, stirring, until they are softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the corn to a bowl and let cool. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, chives, tarragon, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the corn salad with salt and pepper.
  2. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until pink and curled, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the watercress and toss in the dressing to coat. Transfer the watercress to a large serving platter. Top with the corn and tomato salad and the grilled shrimp and serve right away.
NOTES One Serving 235 cal, 12 gm total fat, 1.7 gm saturated fat, 17 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.

prickleyguy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
scottsimms said:

Corn and Tomato Salad with Shrimp and Watercress

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 6 ears of corn, kernels cut from the cob (2 1/2 cups)
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
  • 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 tablespoon snipped chives
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped tarragon
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded

directions

1. Light a grill. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the corn kernels and cook over high heat, stirring, until they are softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the corn to a bowl and let cool. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, chives, tarragon, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the corn salad with salt and pepper.
  2. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until pink and curled, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the watercress and toss in the dressing to coat. Transfer the watercress to a large serving platter. Top with the corn and tomato salad and the grilled shrimp and serve right away.
NOTES One Serving 235 cal, 12 gm total fat, 1.7 gm saturated fat, 17 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.
do you need a whisk?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
It is just something that everyone has gone through. We have all had those awkward first dates, where we didn't know if we should go in for the kiss, hold hands, see if we can get away with giving or receiving oral sex.. etc..

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Talking about things is supposed to be the answer to everything these days, but frankly I think it would take the mystery and excitement out of the beginning of a new relationship, and that's the most fun part.

My usual strategy is to be slightly more tactile than usual (the usual being not at all), the odd touch on the hand or shoulder, no reaction indicates probably no interest, reacting in kind and becoming more tactile towards you is a good sign, especially if she pushes it a little further than what you were doing, then you can keep doing that 'each one push it a little further' thing, and you're in bed before you know it :smile:

clarkma86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to initiate physical contact with a little touch on the shoulder or back, maybe a quick little rub. It's innocent enough that only the most insane person would freak. People tend to reciprocate what they like, and because you made the first move, the other guy will probably follow your lead if he wants it to go there, or he won't if he doesn't. It's a good way to get a read for someone IMO.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ahh time for a little Mason...

No person or situation is the same, some things work for certain people etc. However, having just given some advice to a friend of mine I will pass on what I said to him here.

Its a similar situation in a sense because this girl is younger than him and an advancement on his behalf might be taken the wrong way and result in some sort of debacle but I digress...one must understand the culture and background and generation I am in and from but I think it can work anywhere. He is black and she is I think puerto rican I can't recall...

I told him to look at her and say "that's me"...kind of look her up and down maybe subtly, giving a slight indication of what you know is going to be yours without being obvious about it. She'll say, "whats you?" Just shake your head and say "that's me". Say it as if it is or is going to be Fact, yet nonchalantly or matter of factly as if it is no surprise to you. If she asks again say don't worry about it and continue on with your business. Maybe a day or two later let her know again, "that's me..." Its the first steps of basic flirting beyond a generic friendship. Touching is nice, but might scare some off if they aren't used to it from you. However, if a girl sees a bit of your attitude and starts to wonder what on her could possibly be yours she may start to think...Its not an immediate measurable reaction from her as touching or putting a move on her (if she touches back etc and reciprocates thats a positive indicator) rather its a more subtle approach with an edge.

What your basically doing is staking your claim and calling dibs on the places that make a woman feel the most pleasurable, it can be the pussy, the ass, the titties, or the heart. It also allows her time to reconsider your friendship actually becoming something more, not as much shock value as a touch or kiss, yet shocking enough because she has probably NEVER had someone approach her in such a Masonic way.

thats me...

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
You should really get to know a person before you start making moves. Spend time with them, talk to them, and find out their interests. Go out enough that they feel comfortable with you. Men look into her eyes when you speak to her. Don't watch what is going on around you in the restaurant. Looking into a woman's eyes shows respect and that you value her as an equal. Do the same with a man if you are into guys.