Putting your Foot in your Mouth.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by thoreau, Feb 2, 2008.

1. thoreau

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Anyone got some good stories? They type where you say the absolutely wrong thing and the wrong time and don't realize it until the words come out your mouth.

For me it was when I talking to my girlfriends mother recently helping her around the house with spring cleaning and yard work. She was talking about the new person she was sponsoring in AA. And I asked if it was the same women she introduced me to before, I said something to the affect of

"Are you taking about the women at the AA club who was was wearing entirely too much make-up? She looked 35 trying real hard and failing to look 25. Man, it's depressing seeing someone desperately trying to cling to their youth."

After I had spoken it registered what a crass and mean thing to say about someone. Especially, to the person that cares about them and is trying to help them through recovery. She just looked at my with big eyes, shocked and didn't say anything.

I felt like a giant asshole:guilty:

2. jda

jda New Member

Albums:
    I was totally talking to my roommate about random things and she said "you have such long eyelashes.. I'm jealous" out of no where. Not thinking about what she said I replied with "Not to be mean but...."

Duh?

I stopped myself mid sentence after realizing I was given a complement.

"Oh no go on please." she said.

(st-st-stuuttering)

I replied with "I don't like your eyebrows".

*Lol?*

I felt mean afterwards and really dumb. I guess I deserve to be on her door's murder list :p

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

There's no accounting for fetishes.

4. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

This is a good topic, and I am sure I have. But nothing specific comes to mind.

I did have a co-worker once calling a person her and she when it was a guy. It was over a dispatch radio so the person heard it. The guy did have a female sounding voice. I had to almost bite my tongue to keep from laughing. He said "she told me that she was going to do this, so ask her what she will be doing."

5. cristina69

cristina69 New Member

Albums:
    I dont have a foot fetish (at all) but I can put both my feet in my mouth

OH...and I can my left baby toe, but not my right one...

WHO CAN MOVE THEIR BABY TOES???

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    It happened when I was having Thanksgiving dinner with my girlfriend's rather straightlaced family. From the end of the table her dad asked me if I'd heard any good jokes lately. A bit too eagerly I responded: "Sure have. I told this one to Christy last weekend and she laughed so hard she fell off the bed..." (which was true).

Silence all around.

7. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pissing myself laughing at post #5.

Three occasions spring instantly to mind.

1. After my parents divorced my father, who is black, dated a beautician, also black, who talked him into trying the Billy Dee Williams look. This required he straighten his hair and put curlers in it to get the wave just so. When he took me to visit my aunt one time I noticed that she had the same hair dryer (Click_pic). When she looked at me oddly I went on to describe his routine with the curlers. She was barely suppressing a smile when I considered that my father might object to this info being shared. Sure enough, one glance and I could tell he was unimpressed. Did I mention that in my family looks can in fact kill?

2. My bf in university, D, was best friends with B who was the bf of my friend, J.
    D, along with friends, took B to a strip club for his birthday. Later that year J and I were considering going to see male strippers. D forbade it, as if. I pointed out the hypocrisy of this since D and B had gone to see strippers why couldn't we. J had apparently not been told of this. Oops. Cue fireworks.

3. I'm uncomfortable at funerals. I blather. I should have my mouth taped shut. At the funeral of a friends grandparent I became aware of what had come out of my mouth only when I saw the stunned expression on the widow. I had just related how my grandmother had died on her wedding anniversary, a year, to the day, after her husband had passed.

8. jnp

jnp New Member

I was in 8th grade (yes, I STILL remember this, it was that bad) and I wasn't quite familar with certain people yet. I remember talking to a friend when this hateful bitch came by and snapped my head off about being up too late (this was at a camp btw). Then these two seniors came by, and I talked so much shit about the lady. They gave me really weird looks, and walked around the corner back to their rooms. Then my friend bust out laughing and says that was their mom.....

Draft saved Draft deleted