Q for guys: body type pref. for women

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Modelling agencies aren't trying to cater for guys - or at least not straight ones. Fashion models are trying to sell clothes designed mainly by gay men to women. The clothes hang better when there are fewer curves, hence the emphasis on scrawny women. Straight men don't enter into the equation and God forbid that they should be asked to design clothes for real, everyday women!

Back on topic, in the days when I chased women, my preference was for athletic to curvy women. You know, the ones you can play sports with or who are into outdoor activities but who are also nice to cuddle up to and aren't uptight about having fun and who eat what they like rather than obsessing about calories and fat content.

That's true... I like fashion, but I don't like the fashion industry and its emphasis on super-thinness. Now, as a child and teenager, I was very thin, but not anorexic-thin, more healthy-thin. Problem is, when I was about 19 I started gaining a lot of weight - and NOT in the right places! Ironically, when I was thin, I wasn't so much into fashion! I didn't really care that much about fashion until I was in my 40s! :eek:

I've been reading some stuff about how the fashion industry harms body image and some of the comments make me angry, like they're focusing on the whole "obesity is unhealthy" rather than the fact that both obesity AND anorexia are unhealthy, and that the body image problem is a lot that normal sized women think they're fat, and go on crash diets and develop eating disorders. I've seen this. I mean, when this girl I knew who wore a size 3 was taking diet pills because she thought she was getting too fat, there's a problem!

I think of the three categories I probably look more athletic, but in a more stocky kind of way because I have a bit of extra weight on me. My waist is smaller than my hips but I'm not particularly curvy. (I tend to gain weight on the waist/tummy area before anywhere else :mad:) Now, I do like to play sports and do outdoor activities, and I'm not terribly obsessed with calories or fat content although I probably should be more careful with that (I eat what's easy rather than what's good for me!)