Qcksearch

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Martin van Burden, Apr 14, 2003.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Needing some help, guys.

Surfing the Web one day I noticed that upon surfing for web pages that can't be found (usually resulting in a 404 page warning on Internet Explorer), instead of going to an IE-generated browser page querying for more search results, my computer goes to http://www.qcksearch.com and provides a list of (useless!) keywords.

I'm sure it's spyware and I tried deleting it with Ad-Aware with no apparent success. I'll probably download the latest free version of Ad-aware and try again, but if that fails, any recommendations?

2. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Dee-

As much as it might pain you to do it - somewhere on that page it directs you to there MIGHT be a "how to remove" link, I know there is for the "Search Explorer" toobar - this happened to me once (don't even get me started on the Bonzi Buddy incident) and it took FOREVER and THREE updates on Ad-Aware to get rid of it.

Please let me know if the Ad-Aware works - if it does I'm going to download the latest update myself.

7x6&C

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice