Votes: 115 26.7%

• Total voters

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You are right simsha
You know I'm generally favourable towards circumcision and I read and support many of your views on this site
However I was concerned that the figure for success was not higher
Do you or anyone else have proper medical or gov figures for successful circumcision rates in the usa and or other countries?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
However I was concerned that the figure for success was not higher
I don't think there is an official definition of a "successful" infant circumcision. Generally the absence of major damage would be considered successful. My case, which you've read elsewhere, would be regarded as successful since I can still "get off". Even those which have skin bridges and other artifacts would be regarded as successful. Infant circumcision is a mostly a cosmetic procedure but they don't have a clear definition of what it should look like when the patient reaches adulthood.

For adult circ's, it's a little clearer. The patient desires a cosmetic alteration and tells the surgeon what he wants. If the outcome reasonably matches his request, it's successful. If it differs substantially from what was requested then they can argue about it. But at least there was a delineating of what to expect.

All of the items in the above poll can be considered cosmetic flaws. All of the one's you're concerned about are "successful" in the view of Medicine. But even I was surprised at the results.
Do you or anyone else have proper medical or gov figures for successful circumcision rates in the usa and or other countries?
Successful? In order to answer you question, I'm going to disregard that word.:smile:

The only stats I'm aware of are the percentages often quoted such as 57% in USA and they don't break down much beyond that. Oddly, USA didn't start tracking infant circ's until the mid-1990s. The Federal Gov't is arguably the most data-obsessed and statistic-obsessed entity on the planet and they only started tracking infant circumcisions in the 1990s. Astounding isn't it? And what data they do collect is based on a sample!

You might ask, "What about before the 1990s?" Umm ... mostly guesswork! They survey adults and ask them when they were circ'd and when they were born; then do the math. Isn't that brilliant?

Here's something that might be of interest to you: United Kingdom: Circumcision Incidence ... but that report doesn't define "successful".:smile:

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dear steve
Thank you for going to all that trouble and being so kind and helpful
Much appreciated
And its very interesting what you have posted
I hope you have a good Christmas and new year dude
Best
Damian

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dear steve
Much appreciated
And its very interesting what you have posted
Best
Damian

D

deleted15807

Just remember that this is an Internet poll on a specific topic site. The results would be very skewed. It's not a good representative sample of the general population.

Internet polls are virtually useless. There are entire industries and methodologies around polling and statistics. Internet polls have nothing but 'entertainment' value.

For example, here's what the National Council on Public Polls has to say about Internet polls:

"While different members of NCPP have different opinions about the potential validity and value of online surveys, there is a consensus that many web-based surveys are completely unreliable. Indeed, to describe them as 'polls' is to misuse that term."

"Unscientific pseudo-polls are widespread and sometimes entertaining, if always quite meaningless."

Why Online Polls Are Bunk - By Chris Suellentrop - Slate Magazine

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
have a circ scar; but really loose. Most guys / chicks think I am uncut when they feel it.

Then when they see it in the light they realize it was snip'd w/ just a little off the top.

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
From the feedback poll on this thread the majority of respondents have had a good quality and successful circumcision
However as I highlighted earlier I think the success rate should be higher and that concerns me
Steve kindly posted info on circumcision rates etc
Has anyone else got info on circumcisions being either successful or otherwise

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dear steve
Your welcome. It wasn't a lot of "trouble;" most of it was from memory. The only thing I had to look up was the link and that was just a few clicks because I knew where to look.
Likewise, I hope you had a good Christmas and I hope you have a happy New Year!
Has anyone else got info on circumcisions being either successful or otherwise
I don't think any replies would be meaningful unless we have a definition of successful. Even with a definition, I don't think you'll get many replies. Some folks are tired of the circ. threads.:tongue:

JoshT

Experimental Member
Media
I'm quite happy with the quality of my circumcision. I was left with quite a bit of remaining foreskin especially when flaccid. I've been mistaken for an uncut guy a few times. I have no abnormal scarring or other issues. I'm quite pleased.

Josh

D

deleted1124838

I'm going to vote for "nothing out of the ordinary". You can see my pics and judge for yourself too.

Infant job so I got what I got. Loose with a definite scar line and the fren still there. Reasonably straight with a but of unevenness underneath.

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Extremely happy with my circumcision! My doc did a "triangle" kind of cut on the underside and left a lot of skin and some intact foreskin. The scar comes up to a point towards the underside of my glans and it's a pretty loose cut. I can very easily pull all the skin over my head and it stays there for a minute if untouched when I'm really flaccid. When fully hard I can grip my cock and move the skin up and down about an inch in each direction, but I can't pull the skin up enough so that it contacts my glans. So so so much sensation on the underside that's for sure!