Quarterback Brady Quinn vs. Team Gay

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you do when you're essentially a 23 year-old bench warmer for the Cleveland Browns? You can hope that Pro Bowler Derek Anderson, the 6' 6" gunslinger with the rocket arm gets injured or can't come to terms on a new contract. In the meantime you basically go to Malls and Auto Shows where you can autograph photos of yourself with your lantern jaw to giggling schoolgirls and easily awed kids.

The truth is, it ain't easy being Brady Quinn. At Notre Dame his coach Charlie Weiss built him up to be the next Joe Montana. Weiss and the publicity machine inflated Quinn's numbers to any reporter with a pencil and notepad, to such a degree in fact that it was difficult to correlate that the quarterback monster Weiss was describing was the same one being crushed on the field by USC defenses, under throwing passes and wilting under pressure of big games.

Evidently nobody in the NFL was fooled; Brady Quinn sat in his chair chewing gum until the twenty-second selection. When Quinn went to the NFL combine his numbers looked very mortal; perhaps that was why some scouts started scribing "arm like a wet noodle" in their notebooks. His official height is listed at only 6' 3" a full inch under his Notre Dame height.

But Cleveland is a city that is sometimes in retro orbit around the Sun when it comes to athletes. It doesn't matter that an athlete may not have the most talent. No, if he from Ohio and better yet from northeast Ohio, all is forgiven and the player is embraced. That is how the Browns ended up with Akron U.'s Charlie Frye and Kent State's Joshua Cribbs (who has thus far defied odds and may actually have a star back's running talent.) And that brings us back to Mr. Quinn who hails from down around Columbus, Ohio and was given a rock star's reception at the beginning of the season while Oregon State's Derek Anderson was treated as a west coast outsider.

Now I've told you that so I can tell you this. Brady and his buddies back home in Columbus went on a night on the town. They threw back a few and enjoyed the authentic Mexican food at La Fogata Grill. Sometime during the evening there suddenly seemed to be very little difference between being twenty-three and an adult and being back in college when he could get laid just by sticking out the famous Quinn lantern jaw and getting a coed to focus on the size of his football. Perhaps he and his buddies, fueled by Dos Equix or Cuervo Gold, began the time-tested male game of mine's bigger than yours. Whatever the case, the wee hours of the morning found Brady Quinn outside the La Fogata executing the same skills as a citizen that he used to no avail on the playing field.

Right next to the Mexican restaurant happens to be the Union Cafe, a Gay bar. When Quinn's alcoholic eyes managed to merge three objects into one he saw "Gay Bruce" who may have looked more macho, more ruggedly handsome...and most importantly didn't have his damn lantern jaw! Gay Bruce may have even looked liked quarterback Tom Brady who gets all the supermodels for girlfriends and big endorsement contracts while Brady Quinn is warming the bench. Whatever the case, Quinn reached deep into his play-book and came out with the retort "Fag!"

Brady Quinn part of rowdy group outside Columbus bar, witness says - Cleveland Metro News – The Latest Breaking News, Photos and Stories from The Plain Dealer

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The case of the incredibly shrinking quarterback. For those who may not be familiar with the NFL player who's name is now all over mainstream media for an anti-gay incident in Columbus, Ohio this is from his official NFL bio. Please note he has gone from 6' 4" to now 6' 2" in height. :biggrin1: http://www.nfl.com/players/bradyquinn/profile?id=QUI529720

Note: If link doesn't re-direct type in Brady Quinn in player name.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm inclined to believe Brady Quinn on his position and account of what transpired. Many celebrities & professional athletes are victimized . Brady Quinn has no past during his collegiate years for being a rowdy troublemaker, I doubt he decides to become that type of person on January 01, 2008.

Besides, you blathered on about Joshua Cribbs. Fact is you know nothing of his pedigree. He happens to be the son of Joe Cribbs:

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Cribbs"

His father was just a 3 time Pro Bowler in the NFL. I guess his son wouldn't have any talent and is only in the NFL because he played at Kent State ?

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm inclined to believe Brady Quinn on his position and account of what transpired. Many celebrities & professional athletes are victimized . Brady Quinn has no past during his collegiate years for being a rowdy troublemaker, I doubt he decides to become that type of person on January 01, 2008.

Besides, you blathered on about Joshua Cribbs. Fact is you know nothing of his pedigree. He happens to be the son of Joe Cribbs:

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Cribbs"

His father was just a 3 time Pro Bowler in the NFL. I guess his son wouldn't have any talent and is only in the NFL because he played at Kent State ?

Nope. Joshua Cribbs was a heck of a Mid-America quarterback at Kent State. Probably a better running back than KSU's Eric Wilkerson.

Brady Quinn is a man-child without coach Weiss holding his hand.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Brady Quinn is a man-child without coach Weiss holding his hand.

I disagree with that, Brady Quinn had several excellent collegiate games, even against USC. I'd be willing to go as far to say that the Miami Dolphins, KC Chiefs would take Brady Quinn in a heartbeat. There are several NFL teams that would take him off Cleveland's payroll. Last year was odd, if Cleveland goes 5-11, the talk would be when Quinn would be the starter. Now it's whether he'll ever get a chance in Cleveland ? Will the Brown's deal him ? Here's another situation though, in NE, Drew Bledsoe was a successful QB, he got injured and Tom Brady emerged. My point is, you never know when it'll happen and as violent as the NFL is, in a 16 game season, it could be as soon as the next play.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree with that, Brady Quinn had several excellent collegiate games, even against USC. I'd be willing to go as far to say that the Miami Dolphins, KC Chiefs would take Brady Quinn in a heartbeat. There are several NFL teams that would take him off Cleveland's payroll. Last year was odd, if Cleveland goes 5-11, the talk would be when Quinn would be the starter. Now it's whether he'll ever get a chance in Cleveland ? Will the Brown's deal him ? Here's another situation though, in NE, Drew Bledsoe was a successful QB, he got injured and Tom Brady emerged. My point is, you never know when it'll happen and as violent as the NFL is, in a 16 game season, it could be as soon as the next play.

You make some good points transformer_99. Before Jeff Garcia turned into a thirty-something wunderkind in Tampa Bay I thought the Buccaneers and Coach Jon Gruden would make some kind of deal for Brady Quinn. Of course this is all fun speculation. We'll have to wait until next year to see how things go for the Browns and Derek Anderson's new contract.

I'm going through football withdrawal now that the season's over. :31:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since when is it news that many jocks are dim-witted, homophobic assholes?

Or did I miss some subtle, hidden irony?