Queen D got banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I hate to break it to you, but DGirl and I are friends off-line and on Facebook and I am not too confident that she will return. While I understand that it isn't cool to delay reporting of problems, I am not all that sold or even sure about how you can edit the logs of a conversation. Knowing that the chat runs on Flash software, I know cut and paste functions don't quite work the same way (or maybe it just depends on how your PC executes Java, if you've got a Mac, whatever). All I know is that you click the yellow exclamation mark, and the site just asks you to slip in a comment and then it submits it on ahead. You don't know what's in the report -- just that it's being forwarded.

So, riddle me this, Batladies and Batgentleman. What objective guidelines are in place to determine if things are edited inappropriately? I can understand snipping out certain parts of a conversation; you just don't need to read everything but the actual offense happening at the time. Or, do you?

Second, is the editing so inappropriate that it suggests that DGirl (or anyone else interested) is literally snipping out text and reinserting different text? What's the giveaway? Would vocabulary give it away? If the alleged editor and the person fighting are of different national origins or backgrounds, would British English versus American English be the indicator? What about text color, speech patterns, or curt responses? Punctuation? Not to belabor the point, but it might be helpful to spell out in fuller detail the conditions that constitute "proof" of doctoring a chat transcript.

Finally -- and it's just because I have to write a take-home exam about the problems of subjective evaluation and wide discretion -- we as non-moderators need a better sense of the deliberation process. I say this because, as we've fought it out before, moderators are not in a titular vacuum on the site. They are friends with one another and have friendships with different members and antagonisms with others. So, like always, it's good to get a sense of how a problem is deliberated. We don't need to know who said what. We just need to know how you guys arrive at decisions.

Am I totally neutral in this? Nope. I'm friends with DGirl offline, and as angry as she is about the temporary ban, that anger belies hurt. Saying someone doctors chat transcripts is an all but direct jab at honesty and self-worth, and if you see yourself as an honest person, that's all but a blow. Unlike spamming posts or nitpicking each other for grammar, to be called a liar like this is an understandable insult.

This is coupled, of course, with some differential sanctions -- literally, that controlling for the TOS violation, some people get banned, some people get kicked, and others emerge scot-free. I know that this has been worked on, but it's not so bad to revisit this idea periodically.

Thanks for hearing me out.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ha ha! You wanna run that one by the folks that do fake pics and fake identities on here? :tongue:
There's no need to... Such people generally get an instant ban on sites that discover them. At least that's how it on any site that I have helped operate over the years.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Ha ha! You wanna run that one by the folks that do fake pics and fake identities on here? :tongue:

Do you read this thread?

http://www.lpsg.org/165598-moderator-actions.html

Hundreds of people are banned each year for fake pics and fake identities. If they are caught with significant proof, they are banned.

And i've turned in chat reports, along with many others, you aren't going to get banned for changing punctuation or spelling errors. They have the entire chat log available to them to compare. People aren't getting banned around here for those kind of silly mistakes.

I'm sure Dgirl is a good person in general, she hasn't always been so upset with anyone who disagrees with her posts. Something is going on, it's not our business obviously. But there has to be some reason for the sudden change in the way she was interacting with the people responding to her.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
True true, but it's not a total deterrant. Just because they're caught doesn't mean that people are willing to give it a go anyway. My point is, I think maybe we should be a little more honest about the weight we give certain lies. I'm willing to overlook a dude who fudges his dick size a little bit, but we shouldn't be so forgiving about out-and-out gross distortions of character. Transparency always helps. The relationships we have with one another cloud judgments.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
True true, but it's not a total deterrant. Just because they're caught doesn't mean that people are willing to give it a go anyway. My point is, I think maybe we should be a little more honest about the weight we give certain lies. I'm willing to overlook a dude who fudges his dick size a little bit, but we shouldn't be so forgiving about out-and-out gross distortions of character. Transparency always helps. The relationships we have with one another cloud judgments.

There is no doubt people who know each other in a more personal way outside of lpsg are going to be more forgiving of certain behaviors if there are far bigger things going on that are unrelated to lpsg that could be affecting it.

My feelings about her are based on the way she acted towards me, your feelings are based on the way she has acted towards you. We get an entirely different side of the same person. I am sure the person you know is far less hostile than the person some of us have seen.

I don't mind seemingly hostile opinions on an issue, but if you are out to get someone and turn others against them as well. You are bound to make enemies for it. Have you read some of her posts lately to see how she is acting when anyone disagrees with her? It's not been rational.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Okay, MR. Proofreading aside, I'm simply asking how people can doctor up chat reports, and this is asked because the report function doesn't allow you to touch the actual chat log itself. It is clear that "doctoring" a transcript. I'm just asking how it can be done, and if moderators would spell that out more clearly. It sounds like it will be the case, given that one mod in this thread said that editing chat text out of context and delaying reporting (though the explanation suggests a more sinister motive between waiting for said person to be already in trouble on the board) are grounds for temporary banning.

Moreover, I'm suggesting that we use this as an opportunity to get increasingly clear about the relationship between the reporting member and the moderators who receive the report to determine if there is some sort of biased relationship between reports being more "actionable" than others. It is a question of whether or not some members are more "immunized" to negative sanctions than others. It would be a quite enjoyable study, I would say.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah i thought it was a light sentence too. I ask anyone here, especially LUKA, to have someone try doing this to them and see how they feel about a 7 day ban.

I agree. Kind of surprised it wasn't a perm ban, or at least one month. It's pretty terrible to threaten and deceive people the way she did. It comes from a pretty dark place to be that elaborately manipulative to the mod team and hateful towards someone.

Hopefully she comes back with a more positive attitude.

Last edited:

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, MR. Proofreading aside, I'm simply asking how people can doctor up chat reports, and this is asked because the report function doesn't allow you to touch the actual chat log itself. It is clear that "doctoring" a transcript.

That's simple...I have no idea what she did or did not do so I'm not claiming anything on that end. But you can take screen shots...cut/paste extra and then email a report after to doctored it, as in, deleted, added or altered the conversation/text.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It shouldn't have to be in the ToS for any respectable adult to know that you don't lie to get your way. Ever.
I agree...but not all of us are respectable adults, and if you haven`t noticed, some people here lie a lot!:wink: I sometimes lie to my mom!!!
Dgirl, however never seemed like a lier to me.
She seems like a honest person!
A righteus one, and good for this forum...
As I said...she may have made a mistake, I am not a mod, they know it better than I do..

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Okay, MR. Proofreading aside, I'm simply asking how people can doctor up chat reports, and this is asked because the report function doesn't allow you to touch the actual chat log itself. It is clear that "doctoring" a transcript. I'm just asking how it can be done, and if moderators would spell that out more clearly. It sounds like it will be the case, given that one mod in this thread said that editing chat text out of context and delaying reporting (though the explanation suggests a more sinister motive between waiting for said person to be already in trouble on the board) are grounds for temporary banning.

Moreover, I'm suggesting that we use this as an opportunity to get increasingly clear about the relationship between the reporting member and the moderators who receive the report to determine if there is some sort of biased relationship between reports being more "actionable" than others. It is a question of whether or not some members are more "immunized" to negative sanctions than others. It would be a quite enjoyable study, I would say.

From what i've seen with the chatlog button is that there is no way to report it as a whole, you have to copy the section of the chatlog conversation you want to report and then paste it in a private message to a moderator. I've not seen a "report" button in the chat.

When pasted, it can be altered however a person wishes to alter it before it is sent to a moderator. It isnt just sent like a report a post is sent. If you copy and paste my entire response, you can change it and send it to a mod, but the original copy is here for them to compare it to.

I highly doubt minor insignificant changes were made, especially since she said she had all sorts of stuff about me to turn in. At the time i was not aware that the chatlog was accurately recorded to have comparison notes. But now that i know this, i can not be worried when people claim to have things that they didn't seem to want to report in the past, but when they are disagreed with in a thread completely unrelated to me or a chat conversation that they get NUTS about the logs they have been secretly letting pile up.

It's suspicious the way she announced her plans, she has not been rational in her responses to anyone publicly in threads and has had this idea for quite a while if she has documents from ages ago she is apparently wanting to use against someone in anyway possible. Including the baiting and insults thrown at the person to get them upset. Maybe you've not seen this, but apparently *someone* has been the victim of it whether you've seen her act this way or not.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Still unclear. Pressing the PRTSC/SYSRQ button gives you a screenshot, but it's in the form of a picture. Unless you're that skilled with Photoshop editing, you'd have to capture the conversation then transcribe it into a word processing document and then submit it, at least manually I think, to the mods.

Clicking the History button in chat gives you a text transcript. I couldn't find how to report that chat directly to a moderator. I'm guessing you have to cut and paste that. Anyway, it seems like you can forward a portion of that text onto the moderators. I've talked to people in the room and they said that it's pretty much necessary that you submit both a log and a picture when turning in a complaint.

It is unclear how moderators can fetch those transcripts. I know they can dwell in chat invisibly (though I see mods in there just standing by), but it's unclear how the site allows them to fetch content if they're not in there. Never mind privacy issues if all this stuff is logged without users' knowledge. (Isn't Facebook always dealing with that shit too?)

Like I said, I'm just for transparency in these things.

JF

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To answer the procedural questions raised, the FAQ article How to report content gives this advice for chat :

How to report chat room content

1. Screen shot the content you wish to report (How to screen shot for - Windows and Mac users) and if possible copy any relevant text as well.

2. Go to the "Support Center" forum and create a new thread detailing the report. Attach any screen shots and paste any copied text. Submit the thread. No one else but you and the moderators will see this report.

3. The moderating team will discuss the matter and take any necessary action.

Please do not start public threads or upload reported screen shots to you gallery / albums. Please always use the Support Center method detailed above.
A screenshot is requested specifically so that content cannot (easily) be modified when making a report. A report may be accompanied by the text transcript too (copied and pasted from the History window). There is no direct 'Report' function in chat, hence the above method.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
For those who question the validity of the ban based on them not understanding how chat transcripts can be edited, I shall explain...

You go into chat at for example 9am, you leave or decide you need a copy of it at 4pm, so you hit the "history" button, click and select "select all" then you hit copy, run off to notepad or the likes and hit paste, and you have all of chat that happened between 9am and 4pm.

This is what was done (though I'm not promising those times are correct) it was then edited down in notepad or similar to a point where there were large sections of text that had nothing to do with the complaint while sections that were pertinent had been removed. This was more than obvious, but rather than assume the worse, we asked for the unedited versions and spent several hours going through them ourselves so that we could see exactly what did happen that day in chat. It was found that the sections taken out where comments and attacks by others aimed at the person being reported, leaving it look like someone had gone on a psychotic rant seemingly with themselves which couldn't have been further from the truth having read the full discussion.

I'm sorry that some of you are upset about this, I consider DGirl a friend and I enjoy spending time with her in chat, and if it could have possibly been an accidental deletion of a pertinent comment then we'd have dismissed it as that, there was simply too much to ignore.

Additional but not related:

Can we try to respect one another's friendships both here and the rest of the site, while certain things may be inexcusable in various opinions it doesn't define the person as a whole, and having spoken to countless temp banned members over the years, I know that these "hurry back" "You'll be missed" threads do wonders to help them ease back into life here without feeling so much on edge about what one might have to face upon their return.

In short, can you lot just play nice? :tongue:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
There is a chat history button that records every line in the chatroom as long as you are in there.

And Aconitum, Luka is a good friend of the said banned member, she wasn't banned for having an obnoxious opinion like many who are banned temporarily...Luka knows why she was banned, which was deliberately trying to get people in trouble for things they didn't say, or did not say in the context represented, and i think it's pretty obvious this is another thread to try to create problems between members over who supports who in all the garbage that has been on the forums already about this.

And I have a strong opinion on this since she's been threatening to do this to me and her support group is obviously still trying to get support for her while she is banned.

whenever a female dosn't like MRouge I have to assume it's envy
(I have no idea what's going on honestly but I like Rouge...)

as a side note, I am glad I don't use the chat feature here and just do standard posting (no offence to everyone)

Last edited:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it a plain?
Is it Beyonce?
Is it the godess Venus herself????
Noooooooooooooooooooo!
It`s Dgirl!!!! and her light is green!!!!
Baby I hope that you will stay!!!! And you will stay for ever!!!
Luka loves ya!!!!
And I know what a great person you are, a champ! Don`t forget that!!!

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pretty sure she's still banned, 7 days isn't up yet. I think you can try to log in but it won't let you and that might show her as logged in. Not sure though.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I may have made a mistake, and I sincearly do apologize!:frown1::frown1::frown1:
Her profile says-banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.