Queen Latifa Gets Wet 4 Bam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by str8up8x6, Jan 9, 2009.

1. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
  2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

File this OP under "EPIC FAIL".
    You obviously didn't see the commercial advertising for the People's Choice Awards for this year. This started weeks before the show even aired. There's no "political agenda" here. Just a company cashing in on a known campaign slogan to promote their own television show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMfZ2b2e6es&feature=related

And besides... even if this was "politics", is there anything wrong with people expressing joy over the victory of the first African-American President?

Either way you look at it, you can't win. So please, do yourself a favor and stop trying to make this a bigger issue than it really is.

#2 B_VinylBoy, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  3. D_Czarova Zucchini

D_Czarova Zucchini New Member

???????

Anyone who uses the phrase "yes, we can" is automatically an Obama supporter?

Is anyone who uses the phrase "a thousand points of light" automatically a Bush-41 supporter?

Is anyone who "feels your pain" a Bill Clinton supporter?

Is anyone who asks of people that they "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" is an Kennedy supporter?

Is anyone who says we have "nothing to fear but fear itself" automatically a FDR supporter?

4. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    The OP clip was cut waaaay too short to be able to fully appreciate the political connotations therein. I saw it live and it was unmistakable. It's a shame, really, as I like(d) Dana Owens. Ironically, after seeing her on Leno the other night I had a bunch of her music queued up in my Amazon cart, but now I'm not sure it's gonna see Checkout. Why the fuck can't these people just check their political leanings at the door and entertain us!?

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So, are we to ignore the commercial campaign that started a solid month before the actual airing of the People's Choice Awards? The advertisement that clearly shows that they were cashing in on a campaign slogan to promote their OWN program?

I saw the PCE. There was nothing "politically driven" about it. Just because a few celebrities choose to take the stage to say something that is pro or anti Bush, Obama or whomever doesn't mean that the people who put together the show provided it just as a stage for everyone to freely bash politicians or to push their agendas on a captive audience. Ironically, if the writers of the show decided to make an opening monologue saying that the American public were "The Deciders" during this awards show, I'm sure we'd have a bunch of people on this board thinking that they were trying to attack Bush. Not everything has a hidden agenda, dude.

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well...I will just tell you that none of this was done without prior approval of Adam Sandler and Robin Williams and most likely a brief rehearsal for lights and sound. Sorry to burst the bubble that anything that happens in Hollywood these days that has not been discussed and agreed on by all parties involved if it's airing on national television.

7. D_Czarova Zucchini

D_Czarova Zucchini New Member

yeah.

like chuck norris!

Draft saved Draft deleted