Queen

bigone,babe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just wanted to know if anyone listens to the band Queen. They were an awesome band in the 70's/80's, with songs I know everyone has heard before(like "We will rock you" and "We are the champions"). The band was led by the AWESOME singer and songwriter and instrument musician Freddie Mercury(he was a gay guy, but that doesn't even matter to me). The band also featured the awsome drummer Paul Rogers(who is now the leader of the band whenever they play live. He became leader after Freddie's death from AIDS in 1991), and the great guitarist Brian May(who actually wrote my favorite Queen song, "Fat bottomed girls":smile: ). Anyway, does anyone here like them?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
bigone said:
I just wanted to know if anyone listens to the band Queen. They were an awesome band in the 70's/80's, with songs I know everyone has heard before(like "We will rock you" and "We are the champions"). The band was led by the AWESOME singer and songwriter and instrument musician Freddie Mercury(he was a gay guy, but that doesn't even matter to me). The band also featured the awsome drummer Paul Rogers(who is now the leader of the band whenever they play live. He became leader after Freddie's death from AIDS in 1991), and the great guitarist Brian May(who actually wrote my favorite Queen song, "Fat bottomed girls":smile: ). Anyway, does anyone here like them?

Actually, Paul Rogers was the lead singer for Free, and later in his career he sang for Bad Company. Roger Taylor was the drummer.

And I miss Freddie Mercury every day of my life. He was a sweet soul, a brilliant singer and songwriter, and one of the best showmen I've ever been graced to see. I saw them play in Charleston in 1975, the week the Sheer Heart Attack album was released. They were stunning, and from what I've heard they did nothing but improve from there. Best version of Jailhouse Rock I ever heard. Their stage show was like New Year's Eve in a nuthouse. Total pandemonium.

Ahhhh, Freddie. I knew I was in the presence of somebody special from the first note he sang. Freddie... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I didnt really grow up listening to rock but I have learned to appreciate the innovation, passion and virtuosity of Freddie Mercury's vocal. There is a riff in "Another One bites the Dust" that blows my mind....

bigone,babe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Another one bites the dust" is an awesome song.
This conversation has got me in the mood to listen to them. As we speak, I put in one of their greatest hits cds and Im now listening to "Bohemian Rhapsody".:smile:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
bigone said:
"Another one bites the dust" is an awesome song.
This conversation has got me in the mood to listen to them. As we speak, I put in one of their greatest hits cds and Im now listening to "Bohemian Rhapsody".:smile:

"Love of my Life", as they played it on Live Killers, is probably my favorite Queen song. I love to sing it, and some have loved to hear me...

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Popular legend has it that Queen's band members were originally trained as classical musicians, hence their quality harmonies. I don't know if that's true or not but their music was popular when I was a highschooler and I enjoyed it.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I had to pick a favorite Queen song, I'd probably pick Killer Queen from '74, their first single.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
LOVE THEM. Freddie Mercury was one of rock's best vocalists. "Under Pressure", "Killer Queen", "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", and "Bohemian Rhapsody" are a few of my favorites. Nothing beats listening to "Hammer to Fall" while shifting your car into 6th gear on Interstate 95.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
alex8 said:
I thought that was actually your personal theme-tune, played whenever you enter a room. :rolleyes: :wink: :biggrin1:

*waves to crowd parade-style, blows dangerous kiss in Alex's direction*

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
HickBoy said:
Actually,

Ahhhh, Freddie. I knew I was in the presence of somebody special from the first note he sang. Freddie... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Be sure everyone knows this is Freddie Mercury we are talking about singing here. Not the infamous Freddie53 that graces the pages of this influential internationally known forum here.

And I do remember "We are the Champions"

It is not unusual for classical musicians to go to a pop, folk rock or gospel style and become well known. It has been happening for decades. The most famous "opposite" was the hill billy Minnie Pearl who in real life was an opera singer and highly cultured lady. Minnie Pearl was just an act that the actress played with perfection.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Matthew said:
If I had to pick a favorite Queen song, I'd probably pick Killer Queen from '74, their first single.
I don't even really know Queen like that. But that song is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot. Sorry to get all teeny-bopper.

I actually heard it on a video game called "Guitar Hero". I LOVE that song now.

"She's a Killer...quueEEEN"