question about a diaphragm

wristthickxl

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ladies,

sorry for the ignorance but I was wondering the following: if a woman wears a diaphragm, does her partner's size in any way play a role in that....i.e. if a man has a big penis, would it be difficult for that couple to have sex if she is wearing a diaphragm??? How deep does the diaphragm go? Would be grateful for some info..Thanks

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A diaphragm begins as a round, but very flexible ring. It is covered by a type of latex; not thin like a condom, but feels more like a surgical glove. The female goes to her OB/GYN doctor and the diaphragm is fitted to her cervix. The diaphragm is often referred to as a cervical cap, and that is just what it does.

She inserts it by pushing the walls of the ring together- this makes it long and thin. Then once she feels it is at the proper place, she lets it go and it opens within the vagina. She'll push it (or the outer ring) up against the sides of the cervix, insuring that it acts like a wall and prevents sperm from entering.

There is no reason this should affect sex or have anything to do with guys who are larger, no matter what size. You can imagine this as just a layer of latex covering the cervix, it does not take up any room.

I have used it when I had my period, and it allowed sex when it would have been ....a bit messy.
I did remove it right after, and I would not recommend anyone try to stop the menstrual flow.

Most important though, they do need to be fitted to the female, using someone else's (odd as it sounds) can
increase the possibly of pregnancy.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Mumzi said:
A diaphragm begins as a round, but very flexible ring. It is covered by a type of latex; not thin like a condom, but feels more like a surgical glove. The female goes to her OB/GYN doctor and the diaphragm is fitted to her cervix. The diaphragm is often referred to as a cervical cap, and that is just what it does.

She inserts it by pushing the walls of the ring together- this makes it long and thin. Then once she feels it is at the proper place, she lets it go and it opens within the vagina. She'll push it (or the outer ring) up against the sides of the cervix, insuring that it acts like a wall and prevents sperm from entering.

There is no reason this should affect sex or have anything to do with guys who are larger, no matter what size. You can imagine this as just a layer of latex covering the cervix, it does not take up any room.

I have used it when I had my period, and it allowed sex when it would have been ....a bit messy.
I did remove it right after, and I would not recommend anyone try to stop the menstrual flow.

Most important though, they do need to be fitted to the female, using someone else's (odd as it sounds) can
increase the possibly of pregnancy.

I had a partner once who used a diaphragm and it was extremely uncomfortable for us to have sex. It was borderline painful for me as I kept hitting it. I guess either it wasn't fitted properly, wasn't on properly, or the angle of attack was bad.