Question about appearance for 100% gay

D_Eddie Withagun

Experimental Member
Media
butch chicks rock and fem guys are fab, big deal if you can't understand. go out to a gay night and see how it works. you won't find an answer on a forum full of ppl who are sick of these questions.

I found your 1st post horrible and insulting. That's just me.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I can't quite understand it either. I have had a couple of friends who were normal str8 acting guys who just happened to be gay then they decided to come out of the closet and suddenly underwent a metamorphisis into limp wristed flame jobs who talked with a lisp. It was like they were trying to act like the stereotypical gay man.

So true, Jeepguy, my mate was in the army,masculine, hairy etc, came out and within months became a 'Shirley Bassey', camp as a row of tents, shaved all body hair off and just completely changed, not that i have a problem with it, however he does with me, saying i need to wax, wear this etc. So strange.

I think some people wonder why some gay men aren't more masculine. I think they can't help it. They are just wired to have this trait.

Disagree Cube, i think the scene and your friends in the circle have a big influence, if you are easily influenced that is.

Let's see... I'm whiny, a cunt, ahh...live on another planet and a few other things because I asked a question about why some gay people look and act like the opposite sex?? Or because I related my recent experience of seeing someone transformed into a different person trying to look like the opposite sex after speaking with her at the store for the past four or so years? Think what you will then. For those few who felt the need to attack and spew hate, I hope you feel better.

Just ignore it, it was a fair question curiousme.

Oh guys,She has asked a question that is very normal for a straight guy!
I suppose we gays have a sense of beauty that is a bit feminine sometimes. I think guys who are more feminine have a feminine sense of beauty: they like how they look with make up,tight clothes,defined eyebrows...they feel better when they look more feminine in the mirror. It is just a supposition....i used to be very feminine in my early years of coming-out...i wanted people to know that i was gay. I made up a lot,i had almost no eye-brows and i wore very tight and short things. I grew up with Barbies and the feminine beauties of cartoons,movies etc. So i guess that was my idea of beauty. Growing up i started developing my masculine side and i am definately very manly now and in the couple I AM THE MAN,in every sense....:)
It was my ex boyfriend,who was a real straight-looking guy,who made me understand how looking more like a man is more attractive and sexy.

What a great post ^

butch chicks rock and fem guys are fab, big deal if you can't understand. go out to a gay night and see how it works. you won't find an answer on a forum full of ppl who are sick of these questions.

I found your 1st post horrible and insulting. That's just me.

Just you, but the original post was just hers( curiousme) lets respect everybodys just me's.

Hotasballs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that gender roles get mixed up in homosexuality a lot. It's very freeing to not bow to the pressure to act or dress "as a man should" or "as a woman should". I think that a lot of straight men feel that they have to follow what society expects of them, lest they be labeled as "gay. So there's less mixing of gender roles with heterosexual people.
For a gay man, he's already labeled as "weird" by close-minded people so I think that he's more free to explore other gender roles.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Okay, perhaps the irony was lost on some; but I find it particularly hilarious that these things should be pointed out, without regard to how trashy or silly people, from any gender or sexual orientation, can dress.

It is irony that runs along the same lines as those who say they don't mind gay people, just as long as they don't shove their orientation down other people's throat. Yet will verbally ejaculate their delight at females dressing in scraps of Lyrca, and shaking their booties across our faces in our own living rooms. With men chanting materialistic, misogynistic lyrics behind them.

Is there any talk of what's being forced down my throat? Do we complain about the way you dress? Is this just yet another form of homophobia?

The media has brainwashed the masses into thinking that this is how men should be and that is how women should be. This media didn't show a gay couple buying a sofa together, on a TV ad when I was growing up. And they love to show you how 'the best a man can get' is a man with a female beauty by his side.

I'm sick of people saying bad things about each other without looking at the flip-side, or thinking outside the box for a second. Sorry if I got angry, but it was mostly meant to be ironic. Painfully ironic.

What he said. I mean he said it in a way I perhaps would not have but the basic point would have been the same.

I don't really understand what looking or behaving femininely or looking or behaving masculinely really mean. They are entirely socially conditioned constructs.

I look like me, and I behave like me. If I look like a man to you and behave like a man should in your eyes, that's really coincidental. We are who we are. I find people interesting or attractive based upon who they are not on the basis of the signals they have been programed to send me about the genitals they have. :smile:

Last edited:

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A lot depends on role models and expectations. For several years, I lived in a Pacific Island country. The gay men there tended to act very effeminate, with a few exceptions. One gay activist I knew tried to start a rowing team for gay men. After a couple weeks, the other gay men noticed that they were developing muscles and, because they thought that gay men should not look muscular, they dropped out. The guy that started the team, who looked very impressive, was quite disappointed. Gay men there also tended to dress in a bizarre manner that attracted negative attention.

On the other hand, when I visited Australia, in the Oxford Street area of Sydney, gay men tended to project a hyper-masculine image and often looked very muscular. As I see it, the difference can be attributed only to what gay men in various cultures think gay men should be like and look like.

I'm not particularly concerned with image myself and not even sure what my image is. However, I do like clothes that fit well; I've made a point of keeping myself fit and like to show it. I guess that I'd like to project a masculine image, but I'm not about to pretend that I don't like the opera, classical music, etc. I'm also a gearhead and like motorcycle riding. So, what is my image?

green carnation

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
style can be about conforming and belonging. I am sure you can appreciate how that works for a gay person. But it can also be about advertising.
As for why a gay person might want to look like the opposite gender, maybe it is because we had no role models except male and female. so if one is attracted to male and one is male it was possibly thought that one had to make oneself into a female to attract the male. And vice versa of course. Now it has become fashion and a uniform for some people only. There are not as many gay men who still do this in our culture as there used to be

F y i

I have always wondered why many gay men like to look/act feminine when they only like men, who are naturally masculine. And lots of gay ladies seem to want to look like men...short hair, ill fitting and manly clothing, ultra short or bitten finger nails, ugly shoes, zero style, etc. I'm not picking on anyone or judging. I am just really curious why it is this way? There is a very beautiful black girl who works at the grocery store and I have always known she is gay from the way we interact at the cash register. I saw her yesterday and was dismayed to see she cut ALL (every bit of it) her hair off (what she had before was real and sexy) and is now wearing ill fitting kahki's and got a tatt on her finger! She's also sporting huge pants and a big, bulky leather belt low on her hips. Instead of a beautiful young lady, she now looks like she could kick your ass for even looking at her. Why??????? What is the attraction for trying to look/act/be like the opposite sex if you have no sexual interest in them at all?

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
OP is a female if I'm not mistaken. Sounded rather like a cloz-lez pining over the lost beauty of a shop assistant

I've thought a lot about this thread and this comment in particular. Although, there are others like it. I think maybe being that I am a female is the reason for your hate..."Whiny, cunt, pussy, cloz-lez" etc. As stated in replies here, the LGBT community has suffered from discrimmination for "centuries." You and those who hate like you, are personally and partly resonsible for not receiving all the understanding and acceptance your community desires, strives for and, in fact, demands. WHATTF WOULD IT MATTER if I was a "cloz-lez?????"
You don't even support lesbians!!!!!!!!!
Because of this specific demeaning and discriminatory comment, one of many you happily shared, I now believe that if you really are so offended by a simple question concerning a sterotype that exists in real life in your culture that someone other than you does not understand, it is not because of anything other than your hateful ego and acceptance of only gay men. Do you not understand that your culture, just like any other, will get what it gives? Even to each other? And you say I should go to a "gay club!" For what? To hang out with hateful people just like you who will demean me for not understanding something about them? No way. I have formed a totally new opinion of the male segment of the gay community than I had just two days ago. By reacting with hate, you automatically alienate a huge portion of the people your cultural desires to reach. I may not be the "lost shop girl" whatever that means exactly, but much of the positive opinion I have had of gay men my entire life has certainly been lost within 48 hours. Is that something for you to feel pride in?

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Your reply is really well written and informative! Thank you for sharing it in such an honest way. As to you question about your image? I think you are a confident guy who is openminded and friendly.
And your avatar matches this image.

A lot depends on role models and expectations. For several years, I lived in a Pacific Island country. The gay men there tended to act very effeminate, with a few exceptions. One gay activist I knew tried to start a rowing team for gay men. After a couple weeks, the other gay men noticed that they were developing muscles and, because they thought that gay men should not look muscular, they dropped out. The guy that started the team, who looked very impressive, was quite disappointed. Gay men there also tended to dress in a bizarre manner that attracted negative attention.

On the other hand, when I visited Australia, in the Oxford Street area of Sydney, gay men tended to project a hyper-masculine image and often looked very muscular. As I see it, the difference can be attributed only to what gay men in various cultures think gay men should be like and look like.

I'm not particularly concerned with image myself and not even sure what my image is. However, I do like clothes that fit well; I've made a point of keeping myself fit and like to show it. I guess that I'd like to project a masculine image, but I'm not about to pretend that I don't like the opera, classical music, etc. I'm also a gearhead and like motorcycle riding. So, what is my image?

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...Which specific segment of the "people" population are you referring to? Everyone but 100% gay men? You clearly think "labels" are negative and only used by "some people" and specifically not by you. Now I am curious to know where the label 'Drag Queen' originated from and why it is supported by you. It is for sure a "LABEL." Your avatar is very much a "label" you freely choose and are proud to be associated with. What you are really saying is that it's bad for "some people" to use labels, but not your "people." Hypocritical statements like your reply have no worth. Do unto others...

Seems people just cant live without "Labels"....

D_Eddie Withagun

Experimental Member
Media
I was wrong. I'm sorry. I got irritated and lashed out and I shouldn't have.

I didn't read your entire reply because the whole thread is doing my head in.

I won't click on this again.

FYI Lesbians tend to have short finger nails because you can't stick your finger up a pussy with a French manicure. Many have cut their hair short to avoid unwanted attention from men. These sort of functions turn into culture, which becomes in turn, fashion. And you end up with people doing it, and not even knowing the reason why.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't quite understand it either. I have had a couple of friends who were normal str8 acting guys who just happened to be gay then they decided to come out of the closet and suddenly underwent a metamorphisis into limp wristed flame jobs who talked with a lisp. It was like they were trying to act like the stereotypical gay man.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!! THERE. IS. NO. SUCH. THING. AS. STR8. ACTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I've thought a lot about this thread and this comment in particular. Although, there are others like it. I think maybe being that I am a female is the reason for your hate..."Whiny, cunt, pussy, cloz-lez" etc. As stated in replies here, the LGBT community has suffered from discrimmination for "centuries." You and those who hate like you, are personally and partly resonsible for not receiving all the understanding and acceptance your community desires, strives for and, in fact, demands. WHATTF WOULD IT MATTER if I was a "cloz-lez?????"
You don't even support lesbians!!!!!!!!!
Because of this specific demeaning and discriminatory comment, one of many you happily shared, I now believe that if you really are so offended by a simple question concerning a sterotype that exists in real life in your culture that someone other than you does not understand, it is not because of anything other than your hateful ego and acceptance of only gay men. Do you not understand that your culture, just like any other, will get what it gives? Even to each other? And you say I should go to a "gay club!" For what? To hang out with hateful people just like you who will demean me for not understanding something about them? No way. I have formed a totally new opinion of the male segment of the gay community than I had just two days ago. By reacting with hate, you automatically alienate a huge portion of the people your cultural desires to reach. I may not be the "lost shop girl" whatever that means exactly, but much of the positive opinion I have had of gay men my entire life has certainly been lost within 48 hours. Is that something for you to feel pride in?

Well said and fantastic post, i hope that hits home with a few of the spitefulls we have on here.

D_EdgarAllenPooh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, perhaps the irony was lost on some; but I find it particularly hilarious that these things should be pointed out, without regard to how trashy or silly people, from any gender or sexual orientation, can dress.

It is irony that runs along the same lines as those who say they don't mind gay people, just as long as they don't shove their orientation down other people's throat. Yet will verbally ejaculate their delight at females dressing in scraps of Lyrca, and shaking their booties across our faces in our own living rooms. With men chanting materialistic, misogynistic lyrics behind them.

Is there any talk of what's being forced down my throat? Do we complain about the way you dress? Is this just yet another form of homophobia?

The media has brainwashed the masses into thinking that this is how men should be and that is how women should be. This media didn't show a gay couple buying a sofa together, on a TV ad when I was growing up. And they love to show you how 'the best a man can get' is a man with a female beauty by his side.

I'm sick of people saying bad things about each other without looking at the flip-side, or thinking outside the box for a second. Sorry if I got angry, but it was mostly meant to be ironic. Painfully ironic.

lets talk about that

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have formed a totally new opinion of the male segment of the gay community than I had just two days ago. By reacting with hate, you automatically alienate a huge portion of the people your cultural desires to reach. I may not be the "lost shop girl" whatever that means exactly, but much of the positive opinion I have had of gay men my entire life has certainly been lost within 48 hours. Is that something for you to feel pride in?

We're all really sorry. We had no idea that we were dealing with such a weak and fragile flower. Here, sweetheart: take a tissue to blow your nose and wipe your eyes on the way to the door...this way, now...good girl.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The wonderful world of hormones.

You notice the "obvious" gays/lesbians because they don't fit traditional stereotypes for male/female behaviour. Three-fourths of "sissy boys" grow up to be gay or bisexual men. So it's something they can largely not help.

You can inject pregnant rats with hormones, and the offspring will display same-sex mating behavior. Males that will be submissive, and females that will hump. So most likely it's something deep and unchangeable.

There can be a big difference in what makes a person feel sexy, and what they find sexy in someone else. A woman might find that a bra that nobody on the street can see makes her feel sexy. But seeing a guy with broad shoulders and a nice body is what she is attracted to.

Do some research into gender identity and transsexuals. It isn't the same thing as to what you're asking, but sometimes you look at the extremes to get a better idea of things.

onebigbulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my question after reading through this entire thread. what does this have to do with large penises? did i miss something?