Question About BB

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
RoysToy said:
If this thread makes even one sexual participant cautious, it and LPSG has achieved their rights to existence, thanks to Sorcerer, Some Guy Over There, BB2.5, DC_DEEP, Lex and Jana! You guys rock and are appreciated!

i really could not agree more. great one Sorcerer - unsurprisingly.

if i had a prize i'd give it to you guys.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is very disheartening to see a rise in BB...growing up I saw my uncle and his circle of friends struggle on a daily basis with AIDS. It is something I would never wish upon anyone, the devastation is overwhelming. It is to his credit and memory that I am known among my circle of friends as the "Safety Queen" because I am so adamant about the use of condoms. AIDS is still a very real threat in this world and not just among gay men, everyone. So please people think twice
BBB2.5, hang in there, be strong and know that you are loved and supported by your friends here.

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
I rarely post, but will on this thread.
My bf works in the healthcare field, he does the STD testing for the state around town. The other evening he said that he's afraid that "we've turned the corner" on unsafe sex. He told me that it's only a matter of time before a super HIV virus is detected that is totally resistant to any drug and will be much easier to catch. In the past, we use to do threesomes but not anymore.
On a similar note, in this part of the country the bathhouses are still going strong. He told me that many of the HIV+ results were the results of the practices going on in the bathhouses. I know this won't be popular with many on this thread, but MAYBE it time to shut the houses down.
Lastly, has anyone been to an adult video superstore lately? Almost half of all new videos are bareback. If they didn't sell them they would not be stocking them, so I guess the market is there. BOYCOTT BAREBACK VIDEOS.

Chinese 9x6

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is such a good thead, hope the young one can read this and be caution. I am currently in a closed relationship for almost 13 years. It is not till last year that we start BB. Although we don't cheat on each other, we have been tested twice each year just to sure.

Chinese 9x6

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BBB2.5.... Is there any special thing to do to stay healthy being HIV+??? A roommate of mine from my college time found out that he is positive just before this Christmas. You can PM me if you can.... Thanks

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am sorry to hear about your friend...:frown1: I wish him well in his new life. I say "new life" because I live with it. Some people look at it as a death sentence. Acceptance of being HIV+ is the greatest struggle. If they can accept the fact that they are Positive, they will have greatly improved their long term outlook on their own life.
Something that they may wish to think about. I for one do not smoke nor do I drink. That is my choice. I never have, and never will. I believe that anything a person can do to help keep their body "clean" will improve their health. I am not saying a person needs to not smoke or drink. Just cutting back will help. Most importantly DO NOT do any kind of recreational drug. Why? Simply put they will interfere with the medications that they will be taking everyday for the rest of their life. At least until a cure has been released. Well that is some of the things I do when it comes to staying healthy.
:tongue:

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
BBB2.5 said:
I am sorry to hear about your friend...:frown1: I wish him well in his new life. I say "new life" because I live with it. Some people look at it as a death sentence. Acceptance of being HIV+ is the greatest struggle. If they can accept the fact that they are Positive, they will have greatly improved their long term outlook on their own life.
Something that they may wish to think about. I for one do not smoke nor do I drink. That is my choice. I never have, and never will. I believe that anything a person can do to help keep their body "clean" will improve their health. I am not saying a person needs to not smoke or drink. Just cutting back will help. Most importantly DO NOT do any kind of recreational drug. Why? Simply put they will interfere with the medications that they will be taking everyday for the rest of their life. At least until a cure has been released. Well that is some of the things I do when it comes to staying healthy.
:tongue:
I'm glad to hear you take care of yourself like you do. A big eye-opener for me was volunteering at Aids Project Los Angeles about 12 years ago. Of the clients that came into my office, about 98% of them were addicted to Meth and about the same number were dead within a year. I felt powerless to help. I got into recovery 2 years later and saw the same guys living basically as long as they wanted to as long as they took good care of themselves. It may not make any sense why anyone with HIV would put themselves in that position but who can judge another man until you walk a mile in his shoes? I had a friend who wasn't in that group: he couldn't handle the idea of having AIDS and was dead in just a few months of finding out. I still miss him terribly.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorcerer said:
I'm glad to hear you take care of yourself like you do. A big eye-opener for me was volunteering at Aids Project Los Angeles about 12 years ago. Of the clients that came into my office, about 98% of them were addicted to Meth and about the same number were dead within a year. I felt powerless to help. I got into recovery 2 years later and saw the same guys living basically as long as they wanted to as long as they took good care of themselves. It may not make any sense why anyone with HIV would put themselves in that position but who can judge another man until you walk a mile in his shoes? I had a friend who wasn't in that group: he couldn't handle the idea of having AIDS and was dead in just a few months of finding out. I still miss him terribly.
I'm happy to read that you volunteered at one of the Aids Projects. You are a good man.
It was also nice to read that you sought out a change in your life as a result.

Side bar question....if the dildo's aren't yours, then why are you cleaning them in the dishwasher? Some of them look familiar..:biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BBB, (and others) I'm glad that you took advantage of available resources to ensure that you keep your health at a maximum.

I used to volunteer at the anonymous testing center for the Arkansas AIDS Foundation. It was an emotional rollercoaster, to say the least. We had one very young (14?) girl come in with her mother. Fortunately, she was negative. One of the saddest cases was a man who came in, and I knew there was something wrong as soon as I saw him. When his results came in, he was positive for HIV and for syphilis, and was in 3rd stage - that's what I saw was wrong when he first came in, he had the 3rd stage syphilis lesions all over his face and arms. He came in with his partner. He refused all counselling and referrals. I felt so helpless, frustrated, and angry. Of course, the HIV can't be cured, but at least the syphilis could be. He just didn't seem to care - about himself or anyone else.

I'm just glad that people like him are in the minority, and most people will seek treatment if they test positive for ANY illness.

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since I am negative, I want to be very careful how I phrase this. Over the last several years, I have met several men who were positive and who felt it was the responsibility of their partner du jour to ask, not their's.
This frightens me.
As for the younger folks, forget it. My partner in San Francisco was often exposed to blood as a cop; he and I decided no sex outside our partnership when the whole AIDs thing first came up. Since his death, I have always been adamant about the whole "no exchange of body fluids" thing.
From 1983 well into the early 1990's, I was laughed at for being so hysterical.
A lot of those guys are now dead.
Each generation has to learn the lessons we already learned the hard way. Just like the super macho young idiots who go out and kill themselves the first weekend after they get their driver's permit. Or the people who smoke - the connection between lung cancer and the cigarette just isn't there.
Barebacking is much more fun than using a condom. But it belongs in a monogamous relationship. And nowhere else.
By all means, educate. Teach. Scream it from every roof. But don't expect too much -
And before this goes any further, my generation could have stopped this epidemic cold, if we had been willing to use just a bit of common sense.

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
Pan,
You are so 100% right when you said that our generation (I'm 47 too) could have stopped this epidemic, we didn't step up to the plate. We just didn't
follow through, period....and so many died.
I remember being so scared in those early years of infections, some of us were smart and quit having casual sex, we were too scared not to.
When you live through something like that, and the whole "internment camp" thing, it stays with you. We can't go back, or should we even want to, to the days before AIDS.

petite_judy

1st Like
Media
San Francisco....thinking about moving to Georgia!
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm touched by all the posts. I live in S.F. where the gay community is very active and b/c of the city's liberalism we have pretty good sex ed in school, but I feel the message of caution is getting lost on younger kids. I'm 18 and many of the kids I know just don't take sex, or its consequences, very seriously. What really frightens me is the ignorance, b/c even in a city like S.F. I know kids who think AIDS only affects the gay community. Its only through open discussion that young people today will heed the warnings of the older generation. I know that like myself alot of youger people come to this site for info, many who probably aren't too experienced with sex, or life for that matter. With that said everyone whos posts positive and responsible info should be proud that they are helping the younger generation avoid the mistakes of the past. You never know how much you can affect someones life by just giving good advice. I think unprotected sex should only be done in long term monogamous relationships, it'll make you safer and the sex will be better knowing its between two people who really care for each other's well being. Thanks again to everyone who's posted and lets all hope that through our love and help those affected by this epidemic can lead long, happy lives! LOL

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Judy, thanks for that. We older folks sometimes think the younger generation too quickly ignores the warnings we give, but if even one person listens, it's all worthwhile. No, HIV isn't limited to the gay community at all, everyone needs to know that they are just as susceptible to this disease and act accordingly.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Through my last career I got to know several Africans. Until then I had no idea how bad the problem was there. One co-worker of mine had literally lost all of his siblings (3 brothers, 1 sister) to AIDS. They were all heterosexual. He used to talk to my clients about safe sex (my clients were 14-17 years old) and tell his story. It's amazing that people still think it's just a gay disease.

smurfpotter624

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Although all of my sex education experiences only talk about "one man - one woman" sex... the basic message of safe-sex did have some impact. I myself decided that I would only have sex while in a relationship with a committed man (OK, i did crack once, but it was protected... just not in a relationship) I am very adamant about only safe-sex until years in a loving, trusting, solid relationship after at least a year of testing negative together... then I would start to consider unprotected sex.

I believe that advertisers with mass media take a meager approach to talking about safe sex... the effects on a person's health are hardly ever discussed, and with other similar messages, are often ignored by younger generations. With each generation, people think they are more invincible than ever.

The majority of our sex education in middle and high school discussed a range of topics, scrunched into one semester. The majority of safe-sex talk involved STD's... but very little was said about HIV and AIDS. I can not recall one moment in my health class that discussed same-sex relationships longer than five minutes.

I work at a Intermediate School District (In michigan... ISD's are above individual school districts and they support programs and education that cannot be supported by individual districts) and the materials that I see for health education are somewhat idealistic... the educators assume that the children listen to everything and that we live in a utopia of some kind.

I recall one survey we were included in in middle school... it asked us all of the typical questions, "have you had sex" and "is sex OK with... married adults, etc."... If I recall correctly, I was the only one at my table (of 12 people) that took it seriously and gave honest answers.

In all, I believe that people need to wake up to the situation on hand and tackle it the way it needs to be. We can no longer live in ignorance, it has cost too much already.