Question about body shaving/waxing

deepthroatworship

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of shaving/waxing for the first time, and want some advice on how to go about it.

I'm a hairy guy with an average body. Hairy chest, stomach, legs and crack.

Is it better to trim chest and pubes and leave the rest, or shave/wax everything off?
I want to not be unappealingly hairy, but don't want to end up appearing too unnatural or standing out for having gone too far with the hair removal...

Any tips guys, please?

ottr

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's really up to you, and what makes you feel confident. What some might call unappealingly hairy others find perfectly desirable.

Personally, I've never really liked shaving.. the razor burn and the ingrown hairs are just not worth it to me. I found buzzing my stomach and around my lower back and thighs with clippers gave better results. But at some point, even that got to be too much of a hassle, time-wise. Now I just keep my pubes trimmed so they're not all wild looking, and my balls and crack buzzed real short for.. convenience? :mischievous:

Ultimately, I'd say don't be afraid to experiment (it grows back!) and you'll eventually settle on what's right for you.

Stratavos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
with waxing, the pain is instantanious, while with shaving, the pain is in the ingrown hairs, and the razorburn. Trimming short is a good general plan but as previously stated, can be time consuming (and needs to be done weekly/biweekly for most)

the good news is for cost effectiveness, trimming you can do yourself with a newspaper, a pair of scisors, an electric razer, and a mirror or two. If money is of no concern tohugh, waxing is probably a good plan. The hairs won't grow back to their previous length for between 6~12 weeks :D

deepthroatworship

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks guys for both of those responses. Really helpful.

What I also meant was kind of this: If I shave or trim my chest do I have to do the same to legs so I don't look weird? Ditto if I trim pubes: do I have to trim chest hair too?

Ie, is it kind of all or nothing (whether trimming or waxing)?

I'm sorry if this sounds really stupid. Just never done it before.

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks guys for both of those responses. Really helpful.

What I also meant was kind of this: If I shave or trim my chest do I have to do the same to legs so I don't look weird? Ditto if I trim pubes: do I have to trim chest hair too?

Ie, is it kind of all or nothing (whether trimming or waxing)?

I'm sorry if this sounds really stupid. Just never done it before.

It depends on the area. There are plenty of guys with naturally smooth chests and hairy legs. If you're REALLY hairy it may look a little odd, especially if there is a hard line where the hair starts halfway down your body. In general though, trimming or shaving your chest doesn't mean you need to do the same for your legs.

What I personally don't like are guys who trim/shave their pubes but who also have stomach and chest hair. I think it looks strange to have a bald patch around your groin and hair everywhere else. In that case, I'd much rather have everything be trimmed, hairy, or smooth rather than a combination.